Don't leave out stealth/block/evades uptime from your coming patch!

Arheundel.6451

Those mechanics, and also res cheese mechanics. If damage get seriously shaved, they need to be adjusted aswell. Stuff like the Ele res trait, blood res (when scourge was a thing) or possibly even search and rescue are already hard to outcleave for pugs at the current powerlevel.

@"Arheundel.6451" said:The next balance patch will either destroy what is left of the game..or save it. I have zero complaints for the upcoming nerfs but please dear devs be mindful ....do not give a free pass to stealth - blocks and evades uptime of *thiefmesmer and revenant . I am worried because I seen no mention of this so far, all I heard is that there too much healing and boon uptime , yeah it's great to finally look at that but..what about dealing with specs like D/P thief - Herald - Mesmer**?

Heal burst is possibly all the average player has in his deck to "counter" the never ending resetting abilities of thieves. mesmers and revs who just chain blocks/dodges or stealth on top of unparalleled mobility...I can only hope you'll keep that in mind with next balance patch because personally I would have nothing to play for anymore if you will go and curb only one aspect of the sustain spectrum while leaving the other untouched

Funny how you don't mention Spellbreakers and Weavers regarding evade/block/invulnerability uptime when both significantly outpace Mirage in evade/block/invulnerability uptime. Weaver is notoriously bad, having 6s higher evade than SP Daredevil and Spellbreaker and nearly 10s more seconds than Mirage.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Dave.6819 said:Doesn't matter that D/P Thief was nerfed into the ground and went out of meta long ago. Doesn't matter that many classes have reveals and lots of aoes to deal with stealth. Doesn't matter that thief can't 1v1 anymore properly and is only a decap bot. And i won't even talk about block cuz thief/mesmer are surely classes that have plenty of those? What the...? Anyway let's nerf it further. GG. Yup.. you are correct with one thing this game mode is nearly dead and i'm glad i'm not playing it anymore. Seeing these kinds of posts make me wonder wut the hell is wrong with PvPers these days. Instead of learning they just go on forums and ask for nerfs. That way you are making sure that this mode will be buried even more if anet listens to u.

Huh...In the OP I am clearly talking about a post-patch scenario where boon and heal have been nerfed by a hefty amount, it's only logical that we make sure boon and raw healing are not the only things that receive nerfs.

That's exactly what's hilarious to me. Thief was shaved off long ago. And now when people are seeing that their beloved classes will be toned down abit too.. you immediatelly jump the gun and want to make sure that classes like Thief (or any other class that uses active defenses rather than passive) will be nerfed accordingly to keep them as mediocre and as irrelevant as they are now. I mean sure yea.. nice foreshadowing. God forbid thief will be as strong as it was in like 2014 and D/P becomes meta again? Don't worry it won't you can relax and be sure thief will be as useless as it is now. Nor would i worry about mesmer. That class was also nerfed so hard i doubt it'll come back any time soon.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:The next balance patch will either destroy what is left of the game..or save it. I have zero complaints for the upcoming nerfs but please dear devs be mindful ....
do not give a free pass
to stealth - blocks and evades uptime of *
thief
mesmer and revenant
. I am worried because I seen no mention of this so far, all I heard is that there too much healing and boon uptime , yeah it's great to finally look at that but..what about dealing with specs like
D/P thief - Herald - Mesmer**?

Heal burst is possibly all the average player has in his deck to "counter" the never ending resetting abilities of thieves. mesmers and revs who just chain blocks/dodges or stealth on top of unparalleled mobility...I can only hope you'll keep that in mind with next balance patch because personally I would have nothing to play for anymore if you will go and curb only one aspect of the sustain spectrum while leaving the other untouched

Funny how you don't mention Spellbreakers and Weavers regarding evade/block/invulnerability uptime when both significantly outpace Mirage in evade/block/invulnerability uptime. Weaver is notoriously bad, having 6s higher evade than SP Daredevil and Spellbreaker and nearly 10s more seconds than Mirage.

Personnally, I think evasion uptime on weaver is needed. For sword power builds at least, because low range + poor mobility + less than average cleave + natural squishiness of the class. What makes it overperforming is the way conditions work too well with evasive builds, making them too forgiving. Same as how was condi mirage or condi dd. High evasion uptime + easy/frequent condition application + people not bothering slotting enough cleanses (or do so, but do less pressure then).DD, SB, and Mirage have other tools to mitigate, so I don't really mind weaver having more evade uptime. If there's anything to nerf on weaver it's an icd on sunspot or don't make it double proc like other attunements, and GoEP activate on skill activation only, not on each strike. And maybe decrease stability duration on stances.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:The next balance patch will either destroy what is left of the game..or save it. I have zero complaints for the upcoming nerfs but please dear devs be mindful ....
do not give a free pass
thief
mesmer and revenant
. I am worried because I seen no mention of this so far, all I heard is that there too much healing and boon uptime , yeah it's great to finally look at that but..what about dealing with specs like

You keep talking about weavers ...but the truth is that outside your own imagination , this invincible army of unkillable super burst weavers is nowhere to be seen...what I play is full of reapers/core necros/core revs/heralds/core rangers/soulbeast/condi mirages ( I always bow to any power mesmer out of respect..because 98% of mesmers I face are condis).

You want nerf weaver so bad?..Fine keep asking on the forum ..it won't matter much but where the hell are all these weavers you're whining about?...just where?, I meet a half decent fire weaver( that doesn't die instantly) once every few weeks out of dozen of players in PvP...in WvW there are nowhere to be seen both roaming or zerg fights.

It's so OP but I rarely see them in pvp..in wvw nobody ever roam on a weaver....so tell me where the hell they are hiding?

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:The next balance patch will either destroy what is left of the game..or save it. I have zero complaints for the upcoming nerfs but please dear devs be mindful ....
do not give a free pass
thief
mesmer and revenant

You keep talking about weavers ...but the truth is that outside your own imagination , this invincible army of unkillable super burst weavers is nowhere to be seen...what I play is full of reapers/core necros/core revs/heralds/core rangers/soulbeast/condi mirages ( I always bow to any power mesmer out of respect..because 98% of mesmers I face are condis).

You want nerf weaver so bad?..Fine keep asking on the forum ..it won't matter much but
where the hell are all these weavers you're whining about?...just where?
, I meet a half decent fire weaver( that doesn't die instantly) once every few weeks out of dozen of players in PvP...in WvW there are nowhere to be seen both roaming or zerg fights.This can be said for every class. Meeting "half decent" players of any class is uncommon. The frequency of meeting skilled players doesnt determine whether a class is op or not.

It's so OP but I rarely see them in pvp..in wvw nobody ever roam on a weaver....
so tell me where the hell they are hiding?

Fireweaver isnt good for wvw because they have low mobility and burn builds dont work well vs any player/squad that knows how to cleanse.

@"Dave.6819" said:Doesn't matter that D/P Thief was nerfed into the ground and went out of meta long ago. Doesn't matter that many classes have reveals and lots of aoes to deal with stealth. Doesn't matter that thief can't 1v1 anymore properly and is only a decap bot. And i won't even talk about block cuz thief/mesmer are surely classes that have plenty of those? What the...? Anyway let's nerf it further. GG. Yup.. you are correct with one thing this game mode is nearly dead and i'm glad i'm not playing it anymore. Seeing these kinds of posts make me wonder wut the hell is wrong with PvPers these days. Instead of learning they just go on forums and ask for nerfs. That way you are making sure that this mode will be buried even more if anet listens to u.

Huh...In the OP I am clearly talking about a post-patch scenario where boon and heal have been nerfed by a hefty amount, it's only logical that we make sure boon and raw healing are not the only things that receive nerfs.

That's exactly what's hilarious to me. Thief was shaved off long ago. And now when people are seeing that their beloved classes will be toned down abit too.. you immediatelly jump the gun and want to make sure that classes like Thief (or any other class that uses active defenses rather than passive) will be nerfed accordingly to keep them as mediocre and as irrelevant as they are now. I mean sure yea.. nice foreshadowing. God forbid thief will be as strong as it was in like 2014 and D/P becomes meta again? Don't worry it won't you can relax and be sure thief will be as useless as it is now. Nor would i worry about mesmer. That class was also nerfed so hard i doubt it'll come back any time soon.

Mediocre??????????? MEDIOCRE????????

Which build is exactly mediocre on thief? Dieing becuase you do a set of huge mistakes....it's how any game supposed to play , being able to constantly reset fights when doing fuck up or running away when shit hit the fan...no that's just GW2 BS it's not part of your "skillset" , don't kid yourself.

What mediocre factor there is with a class been meta since launch 7 years ago?

S/D that jump back and forth with impunity? acro staff vault spammer? shadow art deadeye? pistolwhip spammer? perma stealth BS?....go on with your bias and tell me how mediocre thief is...it must be meta for its mediocrity, it must be top roamer for its mediocrity and whatsnot...poor thief community, I will light a candle and pray for you

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Dave.6819" said:Doesn't matter that D/P Thief was nerfed into the ground and went out of meta long ago. Doesn't matter that many classes have reveals and lots of aoes to deal with stealth. Doesn't matter that thief can't 1v1 anymore properly and is only a decap bot. And i won't even talk about block cuz thief/mesmer are surely classes that have plenty of those? What the...? Anyway let's nerf it further. GG. Yup.. you are correct with one thing this game mode is nearly dead and i'm glad i'm not playing it anymore. Seeing these kinds of posts make me wonder wut the hell is wrong with PvPers these days. Instead of learning they just go on forums and ask for nerfs. That way you are making sure that this mode will be buried even more if anet listens to u.

Mediocre???????????
MEDIOCRE????????

Which build is exactly mediocre on thief? Dieing becuase you do a set of huge mistakes....
it's how any game supposed to play
, being able to constantly reset fights when doing kitten up or running away when kitten hit the fan...no that's just GW2 BS it's not part of your "skillset" , don't kid yourself.

S/D that jump back and forth with impunity? acro staff vault spammer? shadow art deadeye? pistolwhip spammer? perma stealth BS?....go on with your bias and tell me how mediocre thief is...it must be meta for its mediocrity, it must be top roamer for its mediocrity and whatsnot...poor thief community, I will light a candle and pray for you

Please just l2p the game

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Lol at all of this! :)Theres a reason the games pvp is dying hard and it's not just the devs.The population is so low in pvp ull play with players in gold that will apologize as it's their first pvp match, this is in a team game where the team performance is ur rank :)

The game mode is dying because it has been made to cater to the least common denominator in terms of skill, instant gratification generation....GW1 assassin would have been far to hard to understand I get that..

@Tharan.9085 said:

Mediocre???????????
MEDIOCRE????????

Which build is exactly mediocre on thief? Dieing becuase you do a set of huge mistakes....
, being able to constantly reset fights when doing kitten up or running away when kitten hit the fan...no that's just GW2 BS it's not part of your "skillset" , don't kid yourself.

Please just l2p the game

Yeah players on most other classes have to learn to play their class...it's not like we can take out our shortbow and press 555 to run away or press 522222 to stealth away everytime you screw up...on other classes you screw up...you die.....no infiltrator's return and no stealth

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Mediocre???????????
MEDIOCRE????????

Please just l2p the game

Yeah players on most other classes have to learn to play their class...
it's not like we can take out our shortbow and press 555 to run away
or press 522222 to stealth away everytime you screw up...on other classes you screw up...you die.....
no infiltrator's return and no stealth

On other classes you don't die when you get breathed on

@Tharan.9085 said:

Mediocre???????????
MEDIOCRE????????

Please just l2p the game

or press 522222 to stealth away everytime you screw up...on other classes you screw up...you die.....

I guess you die in any game if you don't know what wasd is...not surprised here

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Mediocre???????????
MEDIOCRE????????

Please just l2p the game

I guess you die in any game if you don't know what wasd is...not surprised here

I mean you are legit crying about d/p thief, one of the weaker builds out there

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Mediocre???????????
MEDIOCRE????????

Acro Staff Vault Spam is mediocre, yes. Shadow Art Deadeye is straight up trash that only works against players who dont know how to face DE at all (and even then often doesnt), and the perma stealth build, while shit design and unfun as hell, is also pretty bad. It kills unaware squishies and thats it, and in a post-mount world, even thats pretty useless. And Thief a top roamer? Hah, not even remotely close, its not even been top 3 for a while (D/P got nerfed to hell, and S/D, the only other decent build hasnt been matching up to other roaming builds very well).

Ignore this person devs. Stealth and evade up times are fine. The only real problem with some of the classes listed are the plethora of clones on mirage and the stun on pistol whip.

It's clear by these threads that a lot of people are angry because they don't know how to fight these classes. they are free to learn if they are truly interested.

@WillPaharu.4837 said:Ignore this person devs. Stealth and evade up times are fine. The only real problem with some of the classes listed are the plethora of clones on mirage and the stun on pistol whip.

It's clear by these threads that a lot of people are angry because they don't know how to fight these classes. they are free to learn if they are truly interested.

they most definitely are not, perma stealthing is wrong. evading for 30s+ nonstop is wrong too. Currently its 100% required to survive on some classes but that doesnt change the fact that if survivability gets reduced ( healing and boon generation ) then evade uptimes need to be shaved too.there is alot of different things that can be safely shaved without hurting the builds all that muchmesmers scepter 2 block duration could be lowered to make it reactive block instead of hold the stick and run into aoe.1 example, and many many other skills can be changed in similar way to bring down overall power level.