xxxxxxxxxx

Flandre.2870

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:Was hoping that we’d get to provide some feedback about some of the changes like they tried to with WvW, especially considering the state that chrono is in, but that seems like a big nope now.

To be fair, they're still going ahead with the hot button scrapper changes- so its not like there was much hope to begin with

Tbh, I'd be fine with some QoL rework. The entire no shatter without clones change makes the class clunky, especially when still available with other mesmer builds.

In an ideal world, they'd rework clones again to either work with no shatters without clones on all builds, or all builds work with some baseline shatter.

I can live with the F4 change. The loss of distortion from F4 hurts but can be managed. To be honest, they could remove distortion entirely for chrono from F4, it's just clunky with CS mixed in.

As far as WvW, there is issues which remain and have been the main problems for mesmer in WvW since the beginning of the game:

• clone survival in large fights is non existent
  • the ramp up for shatter skill uses with clones is to long/not possible with current clone design. The payoff is not big enough for the time and effort investment
  • most mesmer unique utility skills were gutted beyond belief over time leaving the class in a worse spot and undesirable for WvW (except for the 1 portal chrono in squad)

I'm not for a chrono rework revert as it was as a super-core spec.But ofc, chrono isn't fine now.Should they change wells or increase illusions vitality on chrono (like we had with old signet of illusions.).No IP and a counterpart to CS by sacrifing distorsion is interersting in the sense that we can end up with a different gameplay from core. Now they have to continue their rework to make it viable, because we all agree (apart no-chrono players) that's is unviable and clunky actually.

They decided to go and stubbornly maintain this route even tho they were warned about the ramifications of their decisions.Several patient mesmers have been giving them suggestions and they choose to ignore them all.Now let them deal with the consequences. More and more mesmers are getting fed up and giving up on game.Just sit and enjoy as the population decreases.

I see a playstyle in generating and shattering clones as fast as possible, with Rewinder often offering at least one shatter to use, but it comes at the price of using a lot of clone utilities, which crowds out wells.Through traits, it's apparent group alacrity isn't the main support/identify it offers any more (usurped by renegade). We have healing wells, and group quickness. I'd like to see a group alacrity trait in the master tier.Chrono identity as I've seen it over the years was:Group alacrity shareDanger Time PowerNow, clone spam.

Like stated above and I've stated in many other threads, the 1 clone shatter restriction makes the class unusable and affects its playability in multiple ways. Clones die too quick, or die when A target dies (while you have still many other mods attacking you) and you miss your split second opportunity to shatter. You lost so much by adding this requirement, you lost your ability to remove condis, to gain stability, to distort, to gain boons, to stun, and many other things by just this 1 little change. It is a way too big trade-off. I would be happy if they remove this restrictions, since the rest of the changes you can adapt to except this.

• 2 months later...

Please at least remove the requisite clone for shatter skills. It's so dead in pvp/wvw because of this restriction (there are many others causes, but this one is so obvious)"Lost Time" new trait is just a joke, why not a trait on wells, like Scourge : 10 allies/foes, + a bonus of concentration or else, or a trait that recharge CD of allies when you inflict slow, shatter a clone etc.

As far as I am concerned, I registered to this forum SPECIFICALLY to complain after they butchered chrono. Don't care of deadeyes oneshotting you from perma stealth -which in WvW it gotta be pretty nasty-, never cared of holosmiths being able to get back from 2% to 80% in one second, didn't feel the need to complain because warriors are indestructible damage sponges, I endured hunters doing nothing but waiting for their goat to slam that 10k charge and weavers being able to dance out of everything... I mean, whatever, there are some specializations which are tough to deal with and it's fine to me, but the game is FULL of power creeps and stupid ass builds, they never cared one bit and the one time they do is to butcher a specialization which was already very niche -because it had nothing besides that one-shot meme; no sustain, no mobility, no defence. WTF guys, was placing the one-clone requirement on CS only so much difficult?

I am an insanely casual player. So much that I only log into GW2 when a story releases and maybe once a month for a WvW evening. After a longer break this time I decided to play some support chrono and boy: this is insanely bad. I know I'm not used to it, but there's no point in getting used to this level of clunkiness. Chrono got nerfed again and again (and often justified), but this level of playstyle destroying changes is not acceptable.Also: 0-clone shatters with Restorative Illusions and Bountiful Disillusionment was your bread and butter for survival, and it's gone without any replacement. But I could somehow get around that with some adapting. But it still plays like garbage.A rework should not turn a fun class into a clunk-machine :/

@Kryil.6045 said:I am an insanely casual player. So much that I only log into GW2 when a story releases and maybe once a month for a WvW evening. After a longer break this time I decided to play some support chrono and boy: this is insanely bad. I know I'm not used to it, but there's no point in getting used to this level of clunkiness. Chrono got nerfed again and again (and often justified), but this level of playstyle destroying changes is not acceptable.Also: 0-clone shatters with Restorative Illusions and Bountiful Disillusionment was your bread and butter for survival, and it's gone without any replacement. But I could somehow get around that with some adapting. But it still plays like garbage.A rework should not turn a fun class into a clunk-machine :/If you struggle in pve, imagine now PvP and WvW :)

• 2 weeks later...

the chrono is not the only thing that died, the mesmer is in a rather bad position now. The only option that I have is to shatter because Anet like this mechanic and made it mandatory. It seemes like every sustainable phantasem is dead or nerfed to oblivion. I created my Mesmer when the game was released and loved it, it was different than other classes and a lot more fun in my opinion. I created a build that complimented my gamestyle. I left the game after heart of thorns and returned a week ago, part of the skills got changed and nerfed, why do I need to taunt with a phantasmal defender? GW never used taunt and relied on smart gameplay, something that I don't feel as possible with the current Mesmer.

Sorry, but I couldn't find how to vote in the poll.