Reaper or Scourge ?

ancafr.9274

@ancafr.9274 said:Well we can see that 98% preffer reaper over scourge hehe. Like I said arenanet should think 10x before nerfing classes for PVE, if they nerf PVP is understandable but PVE... and I hope they can fix the chatting for tempest-elem asap cause i stopped playing mine and I am seriously thinking making a necro as my main because again like I said I dont want to turn off the chatting because I like it.

I dunno if its me, but damage feels kinda pathetic in fire for ele.

I talked with someone asking around about builds since i mistakenly used the wrong type of build knowing all to well water isn't used for dps but had it anyways for the vuln.

anyways with fire, you kinda get locked in with scepter warhorn and seems almost pointless to take fresh air just for overloads. I'm still not sure if staff or scepter is go to since meteor and storm sigil got nerfed, but I'm still kinda leaning that staff is probably since you got lava font which is up fairly often does a bit of damage.

Everything on scepter warhorn has 15+ seconds.

@OP:depends what your aim in PvE is.

• Is it the PvE endgame: Raids and T4 Fractals? I would not go for the class Necro at all, really! It's considered one of the worst picks in the PvE endgame at the moment.
  • If it's for open world in general: I would go for Reaper. DPS is key there, if you kill fast enough, you have a lot less chance to be killed, and Reaper has quite a nice AoE burst!
  • "Solo-ing" champions: Both, but I'd prefer Scourge with a hybrid setup (condi and healing) a tiny bit more. Will take you a while to kill, but fun to do, cause placement and kiting is an important part of playing your build (definitely now after the nerfs).
  • Map meta events: Both, but imo hybrid Scourge is more helpful to the squad, with Epidemic, powerful ressing, barriers, etc.

Btw, it's the right question you're asking ... Reaper or Scourge ... who plays core Necro anyway (in PvE), right? :) ... :(

I dunno if its me, but damage feels kinda pathetic in fire for ele.

I talked with someone asking around about builds since i mistakenly used the wrong type of build knowing all to well water isn't used for dps but had it anyways for the vuln.

anyways with fire, you kinda get locked in with scepter warhorn and seems almost pointless to take fresh air just for overloads. I'm still not sure if staff or scepter is go to since meteor and storm sigil got nerfed, but I'm still kinda leaning that staff is probably since you got lava font which is up fairly often does a bit of damage.

Everything on scepter warhorn has 15+ seconds.

Staff works very well with weaver who has 3 seconds CD on attunements and more than 50 skills to spam, the only long cooldown skills for fire staff are the 4 and 5 the rest are okay.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@ancafr.9274 said:Well we can see that 98% preffer reaper over scourge hehe. Like I said arenanet should think 10x before nerfing classes for PVE, if they nerf PVP is understandable but PVE... and I hope they can fix the chatting for tempest-elem asap cause i stopped playing mine and I am seriously thinking making a necro as my main because again like I said I dont want to turn off the chatting because I like it.

I just wish that Core necro had a purpose and use in PvE, I like the different shroud. But its simply too underpowered. Whereas the Core only for several other especs is still useful.

I dont think shroud underpower specially the skills 4 and 5. I like core builds too specially for thief and ranger, althow I still dont have a rang lv 80 but i intend to have one and if I do probably will be core cause I dont like druid and Bsoul is melee so I intend to have a RANGED character. Archer... melee?... no thank you, in my opinion archers are RANGED and not melee.

@ancafr.9274 said:

I just wish that Core necro had a purpose and use in PvE, I like the different shroud. But its simply too underpowered. Whereas the Core only for several other especs is still useful.

I dont think shroud underpower specially the skills 4 and 5. I like core builds too specially for thief and ranger, althow I still dont have a rang lv 80 but i intend to have one and if I do probably will be core cause I dont like druid and Bsoul is melee so I intend to have a RANGED character. Archer... melee?... no thank you, in my opinion archers are RANGED and not melee.

Rangers is not an archer alone. Their archetype uses both melee and range.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

Rangers is not an archer alone. Their archetype uses both melee and range.

I know but they should have one elite specialization focused more on RANGED attack instead heal/support or melee combat.. well thats my opinion.

PS: I really love this game but there are some 'erros and mistakes' arenanet committed, well not all games are perfect huh xD.

I play Power versions of both in PvE. If I'm in a small group, I'll play Scourge, unless I'm with another one, then if they decide to stay Scourge, I'll switch over to Reaper. I'll take the slower dps fo the boon stripping/barriers/might delivery, which can help the group overall. If I'm soloing, or in a zerg, I'll just stay as Reaper, and I appreciate other Scourges throwing up barriers and might, etc., if they choose to do so.

In regards to the slowness factor between the two, I'm sure there is data to show the Reaper is faster than Scourge, and to me, it certainly feels like it, but it also doesn't feel overwhelmingly so. Plus, if there are enough enemies, seeing a screen fill up with damage points like a cluster bomb while I'm out of the mix brings a smile to my face. Reaper is more into the fray itself, and then turning on a blender. Both are good, though, and I like playing either.