4th Utility Skill?

Drgnfly.5812

@Alik.9651 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:I don't think it is necessary. Revs have 2 legends for TEN utility skills with some pretty low cooldowns.

All profession except Revenants can have 5 useful skills in 5 slotsRevenants can have 2 ... 3? skills bundled with 8/7 somewhat usable (I am still doubt should I classify them as "usable" like some chains of the Dwarf ... some corruptible resistance gain by the Demon) skills in 10 slots ...I don't think is will be a problem to have a 4th choice of utility skill in each Legend.It will not make Revenants having 12 slots ......

So instead of improving the current lineup, just dump more skills into legends and hope for the best? Do you work for anet or something?

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:I don't think it is necessary. Revs have 2 legends for TEN utility skills with some pretty low cooldowns.

All profession except Revenants can have 5 useful skills in 5 slotsRevenants can have 2 ... 3? skills bundled with 8/7 somewhat usable (I am still doubt should I classify them as "usable" like some chains of the Dwarf ... some corruptible resistance gain by the Demon) skills in 10 slots ...I don't think is will be a problem to have a 4th choice of utility skill in each Legend.It will not make Revenants having 12 slots ......

So instead of improving the current lineup, just dump more skills into legends and hope for the best? Do you work for anet or something?

If Anet have a better plan, I'm good for that ...But I still remember the chaos at the day Anet changed Unyielding Anguish and Embrace the DarknessAdding the 4th, it won't hurt. You can just omit it if you don't like it.With "improving" the current, I am pretty sure the argue will comes again.So ... to me, having more choices sounds better than nothing to choose.

@Alik.9651 said:

@Justine.6351 said:I don't think it is necessary. Revs have 2 legends for TEN utility skills with some pretty low cooldowns.

If Anet have a better plan, I'm good for that ...But I still remember the chaos at the day Anet changed Unyielding Anguish and Embrace the DarknessAdding the 4th, it won't hurt. You can just omit it if you don't like it.With "improving" the current, I am pretty sure the argue will comes again.So ... to me, having more choices sounds better than nothing to choose.

I can appreciate that.

Yechnically speaking with the expection of engineer all classes have 5 types of utilities with 4 skills in them which result in 20 utilities to choose from (not counting elites).Revenant on the other hand has 4 legends with 3 skills resulting in 12 utility skills. The gap gets larger with more elite specs added in

Idk why would some people even argue about adding more utility skills to choose from. We should get either up to 5 skills per legends like engineer or another extra skill+new core legend. Stop defending laziness

• 2 weeks later...

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:Yechnically speaking with the expection of engineer all classes have 5 types of utilities with 4 skills in them which result in 20 utilities to choose from (not counting elites).Revenant on the other hand has 4 legends with 3 skills resulting in 12 utility skills. The gap gets larger with more elite specs added in

Idk why would some people even argue about adding more utility skills to choose from. We should get either up to 5 skills per legends like engineer or another extra skill+new core legend. Stop defending laziness

It's not laziness, it was by design.

Multiple utilities are an illusion of choice anyways... Everyone uses the same 3 utilities anyways or they get straight boo'd out of their groups/matches.

Some options would be nice.

At the very least, something that is meant to offset some of the stuff forced upon the various legends. Like Renegade's summon that gives allies' attacks a chance to do bleed...for one, it's pretty awful even if you're a condi setup. For two, it's even worse if you're not condi.

Some love to the large amount of worthless GM traits would also be nice >.> Versed in Stone is basically a 90 sec proc that should've been one tier downward. Steadfast Rejuv is just...bad. Maniacal Persistance should've been one tier downward.

@Curennos.9307 said:Some options would be nice.

At the very least, something that is meant to offset some of the stuff forced upon the various legends. Like Renegade's summon that gives allies' attacks a chance to do bleed...for one, it's pretty awful even if you're a condi setup. For two, it's even worse if you're not condi.

Some love to the large amount of worthless GM traits would also be nice >.> Versed in Stone is basically a 90 sec proc that should've been one tier downward. Steadfast Rejuv is just...bad. Maniacal Persistance should've been one tier downward.

Steadfast Rejuvenation...bad? WIth all due respect, have you tried the trait since it has been reworked? It is an amazing addition to the traitline and to Rev's kit. Ret is a solid traitline to take in a lot of builds thanks largely to this bad boi.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

Steadfast Rejuvenation...bad? WIth all due respect, have you tried the trait since it has been reworked? It is an amazing addition to the traitline and to Rev's kit. Ret is a solid traitline to take in a lot of builds thanks largely to this bad boi.

I'd even say that Revenant's Traitlines have one of the best synergies in the game (don't mistake with overall best). I agree that Retribution evolved to something really cool.

4th Utility skill however. Do people really think that adding 1 skill per legend could ruin or cause imbalance throughout the whole profession? I find it funny.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

Edit: Okay, I tested it and I missed a bit of functionality. The heal is stronger than I thought - 340ish vs 540 ish.

I can see how this would be very, very useful on some builds that can maintain big uptime on upkeep skills. I'm currently running Mallyx/Kalla, which only has upkeep skills as the elite. The stacks wear off immediately as well.

Hope you can see where I'm coming from tho in how the trait's value can fluctuate quite a bit, and could do with a change or two to smooth that out. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction on that though. That'll teach me to take anet's tooltips at face value xD I thought it would only stack up to 5.

I don't wanna be negative, but these are all super busted-op-strong... I get that it's fun to think up super-strong skills that would let you crush the competition, but some of these are definitely not designed with balance in mind.

@Drgnfly.5812 said:Shiro - Dark Apostasy
Your critical hits remove boons. If there are no boons, then the target is tormented.Crazy OP... The boon rip in PvP/WvW would be insane and the torment on hit would be bonkers for condirens in raids--especially in conjunction with rampant vex and impossible odds.Mallyx - Words of MadnessTarget for is dazed, tormented, and slowed. Stun instead of daze if target foe is using a skill.Depending on energy cost (it would be high's since hard cc's tend to be) this is kinda worse than the existing three skills.Jalis - Great Dwarf’s WeaponYour weapon attacks have a chance to knock down.Only a little OP cuz the rest of Jalis is nothing to write home about... But it would just be annoying and cheap in competitive modes.Ventari - Ronan’s HarrowDrag the tablet across the ground creating a line that slows and cripples foes and gives quickness and swiftness to allies.Super-duper OP... And would make Rev's a one stop shop for quickness/alacrity/heals, freeing up a compositional slot for another dps in fractals and raids. (Similar to how chrono's were a bunch of nerfs ago)Glint - Move Facet of Nature to utility slot. Grant Ancient Echo to Heralds.
This is a nerf/useless since Heralds don't need energy restore and you'd be losing Facet of Nature's functionality in non-Glint legends, which is where it's active is the strongest.Kalla - No change due to her Citadel Orders.No comment, but don't get why this would negate a 4th utility since it's a base skill not a Kalla legend skill... And if citadel was moved to a kalla utility, t'd be a straight nerf for shiro/mallyx.

@narcx.3570 said:I don't wanna be negative, but these are all super busted-op-strong... I get that it's fun to think up super-strong skills that would let you crush the competition, but some of these are definitely not designed with balance in mind.

Which is why I stated “imagine for perfect numbers”. ? My intent was to conceptualize avenues in which these legends could be further developed. I was not proposing new skills with an intent to provide the perfect balance in the current meta.

But I would like to state that a lot of these skills I listed are not of my own creation. Many of these skills existed in GW1 and were balanced (to one degree or another). Therefore I think to state the these proposed skills are “busted-op-strong” is hyperbolic.

Ultimately though, my desire with this post was to shine a light on the dark warrior of Guild Wars and stimulate conversation. I love this profession, I love the mechanics, the concepts, the lore that has been baked into this class. But I can’t shake the experience of playing a class that feels half complete. Adding one more utility skill to each legend possibly could be a small fix that could go a long way.