eternal battlegrounds

gashen.3874

@Justine.6351 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:The real problem is always unavoidable physical damage at huge range. At least there's reflects..

So, not unavoidable...

Reflects are not available to every class, some don't even have an effective method of projectile avoidance at all.

I cannot think of a single class without projectile blockers. Yes even Necro has at least 2. And if it's really bad, runes of the earth.

Im curious now...

Also, im aware not all are "meta" as its not meta were talking about, just that some classes do not have reflects. Gonna do Core as core stuff is avail to all elites. Is reflect available to all classes?

Guardian: Wall of reflectionRanger: Whirling Defense (Axe OH). Only other reflect is underwaterMesmer: Mirror/Feedback/Evasive Mirror (Trait)/Warden's Feedback (trait)/Master of Fragmentation (Trait)Ele: Magnetic Aura, Magnetic Wave, Arcane Resurrection (If on Earth...also a trait)Engi: Magnetic Shield, Air Blast (from Flamethrower), Experimental Turrets (Trait for Turrets)Rev: 0Warrior: Shield Master (Trait)Thief: Dagger StormNecro: 0

So that means...

Reflects are not available to every class

This is actually true :)

You're both arguing two different things. Justine is saying projectile blocks and you're referring specifically to reflects.

Im not arguing anything. Someone claimed that not all classes have access, so...I did my homework. ezpz as thats all it was :)

The original comment was about "unavoidable" ranged damage. His and now your error is believing the only projectile mitigation is reflect, which is obviously not true.

sigh Lets try this again

Not once did I say that reflects is the "only" projectile mitigation. As a player of 6+ years that would be super absurd to think this. My list was created as someone claimed that not every class has reflects SPECIFICALLY. This is it, this is the only purpose of my list. There's no hidden meaning, no hidden agenda, or Illuminati association. Someone made a claim, I looked it up as I was genuinely curious. thats all, nothing more. Dunno how to make it more clear without getting banned lol.

You guys amuse me tho, ill give ya points for that :)

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:The real problem is always unavoidable physical damage at huge range. At least there's reflects..

So, not unavoidable...

Reflects are not available to every class, some don't even have an effective method of projectile avoidance at all.

I cannot think of a single class without projectile blockers. Yes even Necro has at least 2. And if it's really bad, runes of the earth.

Im curious now...

Also, im aware not all are "meta" as its not meta were talking about, just that some classes do not have reflects. Gonna do Core as core stuff is avail to all elites. Is reflect available to all classes?

Guardian: Wall of reflectionRanger: Whirling Defense (Axe OH). Only other reflect is underwaterMesmer: Mirror/Feedback/Evasive Mirror (Trait)/Warden's Feedback (trait)/Master of Fragmentation (Trait)Ele: Magnetic Aura, Magnetic Wave, Arcane Resurrection (If on Earth...also a trait)Engi: Magnetic Shield, Air Blast (from Flamethrower), Experimental Turrets (Trait for Turrets)Rev: 0Warrior: Shield Master (Trait)Thief: Dagger StormNecro: 0

So that means...

You're both arguing two different things. Justine is saying projectile blocks and you're referring specifically to reflects.

Im not arguing anything. Someone claimed that not all classes have access, so...I did my homework. ezpz as thats all it was :)

The original comment was about "unavoidable" ranged damage. His and now your error is believing the only projectile mitigation is reflect, which is obviously not true.

sigh
Lets try this again

Not once did I say that reflects is the "only" projectile mitigation. As a player of 6+ years that would be super absurd to think this. My list was created as someone claimed that not every class has reflects SPECIFICALLY. This is it, this is the only purpose of my list. There's no hidden meaning, no hidden agenda, or Illuminati association. Someone made a claim, I looked it up as I was genuinely curious. thats all, nothing more. Dunno how to make it more clear without getting banned lol.

If you cannot follow a conversation and yet it's I who needs to learn to read?

@Justine.6351 said:

So, not unavoidable...

So, not unavoidable...

Im curious now...

So that means...

sigh
Lets try this again

Justine said there that every class has a projectile 'blocker' and you've made a list that consists of reflects only... If you're going by reflects alone then you're right, the original argument and following comments were about having some form of protection/reflect/block from ranged/projectiles so in this case, you're also wrong. Enjoy!

Made a list of reflects, and didn't include tome 3's Valiant Bulwark on firebrand , electrowhirl on scrapper hammer, and "Aftershock!" / Sand Squall on aura tempest? It's much more common than wall of reflection. It's common for thieves to run daggerstorm, which also reflects projectiles.If you're including projectile destruction, then shield 5 (shield of absorption) on guardian, Defense Field (toolbelt skill for Bulwark gyro) , Winds of disenchantment from spellbreakers, hammer 4 on revs (field of the mists), Sanctuary on guardian (rarely used), Shield of the Avenger (guardian), roaming weavers running sword focus using swirling winds, and offmeta Dragonhunters with longbow 3 (Deflecting Shot) or offmeta heal rev with Protective Solace. That's off the top of my head.edit: also druid staff 5 Sublime Conversion

Hammer rev auto is projectile but CoR, phase smash, and drop the hammer are not.

@"Infusion.7149" said:Made a list of reflects, and didn't include tome 3's Valiant Bulwark on firebrand , electrowhirl on scrapper hammer, and "Aftershock!" / Sand Squall on aura tempest? It's much more common than wall of reflection. It's common for thieves to run daggerstorm, which also reflects projectiles.If you're including projectile destruction, then shield 5 (shield of absorption) on guardian, Defense Field (toolbelt skill for Bulwark gyro) , Winds of disenchantment from spellbreakers, hammer 4 on revs (field of the mists), Sanctuary on guardian (rarely used), Shield of the Avenger (guardian), roaming weavers running sword focus using swirling winds, and offmeta Dragonhunters with longbow 3 (Deflecting Shot) or offmeta heal rev with Protective Solace. That's off the top of my head.edit: also druid staff 5 Sublime Conversion

Hammer rev auto is projectile but CoR, phase smash, and drop the hammer are not.

He did say core specs and reflects, most the things you've just mentioned are blocks/destroy projectiles... 2 different conversations going on in is confusing peoples. :D