Can we just lower the damage of warrior?

The Ace.9105

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

@Ovark.2514 said:All I want is to give Bull's Charge the Rampage treatment.

As I understand it that is an example Cal used directly. That Bull's Charge having its damage trimmed off doesn't actually hurt what the skill itself is used for; which is to say that Warrior's use it for the Evade, gap close, and the CC. Removing its damage won't hinder its effectiveness so long as other similar CC skills get the same treatment which is the broader intention.

That's fine. At least I won't be getting over a third of my health removed just from getting hit with it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Curennos.9307 said:

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Removing ability to crit would definitely be a better option than out right removal of damage.Either that or the minor stacks more might for longer so the trait doesnt depend on hitting people in a 180 range and has more utility, assuming the rest of the might gen comes down significantly.

I think it should not stack more might because when combined with might makes right you are making a loop ofDodgeGain might on hitGain endurance and healthRepeatand while a single dodge will not likely give you another free dodge that seems a bit unhealthy

I dont think the any other dodge traits in the game become that beneficial in terms of endurance restoration and healing when combined together aside from maybe a few daredevil traits but then do we really want warrior dodges to be on par with daredevil dodges? That would seem really unfair to the thief class as a whole. even if might gen did drop in other areas... this actually makes my head hurt to think about this hard.

Its difficult because its not an easy solution when considering the balance environment we've had for nearly 3 years now, ever since PoF released. Until we see what the wide ranging changes are, like if damage and healing gets nerfed significantly enough in the first pass with this coming balance patch, then we can't really know how things will be affected by changing the functionality of traits like Reckless Dodge and its utility effects along with some other rumored changes to CC skills that were hinted at by Cal.

Its basically just a little premature to have people dropping in and blasting the forums with anything relating to "REMOVE THIS EFFECT FROM THIS TRAIT/SKILL CUZ ITS TOO STRONG" when we haven't seen what the overall effect of the damage and healing reductions, should they hit, will be. Though I feel like these threads are popping up because some people are hoping to get a word in to try and "convince" the devs to hammer certain things, potentially unnecessarily, with huge utility nerfs without considering the bigger picture while almost purely basing their arguments on a class as it exists in a vacuum as opposed to its overall relation to other things in the game.

Has anet said when that big 'ol nerf patch will be coming out? I keep hearing about it 'n trying to find a date, but nada.

I think we can expect it Q1 after wintersday, before next season.

@Ovark.2514 said:

As I understand it that is an example Cal used directly. That Bull's Charge having its damage trimmed off doesn't actually hurt what the skill itself is used for; which is to say that Warrior's use it for the Evade, gap close, and the CC. Removing its damage won't hinder its effectiveness so long as other similar CC skills get the same treatment which is the broader intention.

That's fine. At least I won't be getting over a third of my health removed just from getting hit with it.

Totally fine with giving that damage up if that metric is applied across the board.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Totally fine with giving that damage up if that metric is applied across the board.I think every CC should be like mesmer GS5 - garbage knockback, 200 base damage,30s cd. Perfect CC skill that does close to nothing on super high cd - everyone are happy

@Odik.4587 said:

Totally fine with giving that damage up if that metric is applied across the board.I think every CC should be like mesmer GS5 - garbage knockback, 200 base damage,30s cd. Perfect CC skill that does close to nothing on super high cd - everyone are happy

This