Might might be the problem, or it might not, so you might want to consider it.

There is too much might, the same offenders can keep up a regular 18-25 stacks permanently, and when you have traits in the same problematic classes that boost the effects of might I assume you have the intention of it being this way. Why are you allowing players to build tanky, with high sustain, and giving them an extra half or more of a power amulet? Might gain traits need ICDs or longer ICDS, and no class should have two. Please limit personal might gain to max of 10 stacks. Tanks, bunkers, and support definitely should not have 25 might. I swear I thought you guys had a trade-off philosophy.

They could begin by testing how lowering the might cap to 10 affect sPvP...I mean, let it be a week long event in order to test out the water and see how it goes. It shouldn't be an impossible task to lower the might cap in the very restricted area that sPvP is, right?

But yeah, self might stacking is way to easy in the game right now. That said, some profession's damage, like the necromancer's, are still entirely dependant on their ability to self might (which is why he got a low damage potential in PvE while he hit like a truck in sPvP).

@Dadnir.5038 said:They could begin by testing how lowering the might cap to 10 affect sPvP...I mean, let it be a week long event in order to test out the water and see how it goes. It shouldn't be an impossible task to lower the might cap in the very restricted area that sPvP is, right?

But yeah, self might stacking is way to easy in the game right now. That said, some profession's damage, like the necromancer's, are still entirely dependant on their ability to self might (which is why he got a low damage potential in PvE while he hit like a truck in sPvP).

that is a bandaid solution, it screws over classes that gets ALOT of might.rev,warrior,engi,ranger.and does absolutely nothing against mesmer, thief for example.

• it means that supports that give might are weaker.If class gets too much might with too much ease, nerf it.Doesnt have to be huge nerfs, nerf some traits by 10%-20%, and It can do wonders.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:They could begin by testing how lowering the might cap to 10 affect sPvP...I mean, let it be a week long event in order to test out the water and see how it goes. It shouldn't be an impossible task to lower the might cap in the very restricted area that sPvP is, right?

that is a bandaid solution, it screws over classes that gets ALOT of might.rev,warrior,engi,ranger.and does absolutely nothing against mesmer, thief for example.
  • it means that supports that give might are weaker.If class gets too much might with too much ease, nerf it.Doesnt have to be huge nerfs, nerf some traits by 10%-20%, and It can do wonders.

I know, that's why I suggest for them to do a test over a week for players to give live feedback in sPvP.

All in all, rev, warrior, engi, ranger, elementalist and necromancer depend to much on self generating might and it is to easy for them to build this might.Thief's main issue is a design issue. Devs should have never made stealth attack the main burst source of the thief. These attack should give an advantage to the thief, but not a raw damage advantage. ANet tried so hard to include stealth into the thief's rotation that the thief's internal balance is totally off, just like the necromancer and it's shroud.As for mesmer, the issue is more complexe. The mesmer always had high burst making him quite good in PvP, however until it's "rework" he didn't have enough damage output in PvE. The rework certainly improved the mesmer dps in PvE but also made it out of control in PvP. In short, instead of simply giving more sustain damage in PvE only, they gave him more burst everywhere and even made the burst somehow sustainable...

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:They could begin by testing how lowering the might cap to 10 affect sPvP...I mean, let it be a week long event in order to test out the water and see how it goes. It shouldn't be an impossible task to lower the might cap in the very restricted area that sPvP is, right?

I know, that's why I suggest for them to do a test over a week for players to give live feedback in sPvP.

All in all, rev, warrior, engi, ranger, elementalist and necromancer depend to much on self generating might and it is to easy for them to build this might.Thief's main issue is a design issue. Devs should have never made stealth attack the main burst source of the thief. These attack should give an advantage to the thief, but not a raw damage advantage. ANet tried so hard to include stealth into the thief's rotation that the thief's internal balance is totally off, just like the necromancer and it's shroud.As for mesmer, the issue is more complexe. The mesmer always had high burst making him quite good in PvP, however until it's "rework" he didn't have enough damage output in PvE. The rework certainly improved the mesmer dps in PvE but also made it out of control in PvP. In short, instead of simply giving more sustain damage in PvE only, they gave him more burst everywhere and even made the burst somehow sustainable...

The point is that the might cap be at 10, regardless of who it comes from or provides it. The complaint is that these guys build tanky af and keep themselves with 25 might and can even give it to others in some cases. That's also half a condi amulet. Support suddenly becomes off-tank. That's not healthy at all.

Theres a perception of a boon spam in general:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/95027/many-boons-spam-spam-spamhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/95310/tired-of-spammy-wars

Theres too many source of boons(and specially might), theres auto-generated boons, the amulet generated, the shared boons(like the ones from shouter classes) , but its too late, with all elite specs, is possible for example even a boonshare necromancer.

My suggestion is that boons can be near completely removed and make them very class restrict. With all class mechanics spam, theres no meaning in universal boons, reaper for example, had like 5 or more of sources for things like "10% more damage".

Not also boons, but all mechanics are spammed, just need a combo of some ranger variant, dragon hunter and a reaper to u or u team become near perma CCed + one shoted in seconds. and whats the counter to the combo of 3 one-shoters/CCers? 3 boonshare/tanky spammers like firebrand+warrior+holo in the middle.

I guess the only class real balanced is warrior, this is because the class mechanics surpass the self boons generating and shared ones, but im not forgetin the might spam warrior have, i mean in terms of boons in general.

the might share is huge, 1 warrior and 1 guardian is enough to keep the rest of team at might cap entire time.

The worst part is how might is the only boon that actually has a potentially team-based or role-centric stacking effect because it's the only boon with an effect which scales directly based on its intensity of application (EVERY OTHER BOON is just a flat bonus that stacks duration; regen is a halfway special case, but it still remains, at its fundamental core, only a fixed, duration-based bonus). It's pretty pathetic that passive procs, baked-in effects, and gear items more or less remove that build-up aspect of might by allowing people to just magically end up with over 20, self-generated might stacks while doing, more or less, exactly what anyone would want to do with any given DPS rotation (GW2 PvP is shallow enough that it features PvE-tier damage rotations). If anything, this sort of development needs to be drastically reverted, and then the rest of the boons ought to fall in line with might's "stacking effectiveness" design paradigm. At least that way, we would have a full bar of boons translating into a more or less, no-maintenance, baby-bubble that holds the hands of anyone who just goes about pressing the basic meta buttons.

No. This is a terrible idea, leave the might cap alone.Just tone down might application across the board. Same with boonrips. Let people re-discover that blasting a firefield gives you 20+ seconds of might(3 stacks even). Things like autoattacks and or sigils stacking boons shouldn't exist. Getting 25 might should require you to be a necro (it used to be unique to necro to be slow but heavy hitting) or teamwork (blasting fields or using all of the AoE might buffs closely stacked), this would do wonders to reduce the spamming the game currently has.

Currently whenever I have a boonrip available and I know it has a chance to land, I use it. The enemy will have boons up anyways.... less boons would make me check before I blow it on possibly nothing. Would also hurt losing your mightstack way more if you had to work it, if you can't just get it back in 3 seconds like most warrior/revenant/whatever builds do. But the 25 mightstack, it HAS TO stay.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

No. This is a terrible idea, leave the might cap alone.Just tone down might application across the board. Same with boonrips. Let people re-discover that blasting a firefield gives you 20+ seconds of might(3 stacks even). Things like autoattacks and or glyps stacking boons shouldn't exist. Getting 25 might should require you to be a necro (it used to be unique to necro to be slow but heavy hitting) or teamwork (blasting fields or using all of the AoE might buffs closely stacked), this would do wonders to reduce the spamming the game currently has.

Currently whenever I have a boonrip available and I know it has a chance to land, I use it. The enemy will have boons up anyways.... less boons would make me check before I blow it on possibly nothing. Would also hurt losing your mightstack way more if you had to work it, if you can't just get it back in 3 seconds like most warrior/revenant/whatever builds do. But the 25 mightstack, it HAS TO stay.

completely agree.

Gonna sound like a broken record here.....BUT as an alternative to reducing the might-cap or tediously balancing EVERY SINGLE TRAIT / SKILL in the game regarding their might-generation.... Anet could generally reduce BOON-EFFECTIVENESS for PvP and WvW.

As people have already mentioned, 25 stacks of might (which quite a few classes can self-apply and maintain now) basically gives you 1500 extra offensive stats, which massively inflates damage accross the board. If you reduce the power and condi-dmg gain from might from 30/30 to 20/20 you basically get the same effect as lowering the cap (less total stat-gain). On top of that you don't have to tediously balance every Might-trait/skill in the game and might still keeps its ramp-component....which i think was the main concern of @ugrakarma.9416 and @Bazsi.2734 if you would just lower the cap.

You can also apply this to literally every other boon, offensive and defensive ones.

Protection: Reduced from 33% to 25% (25% nerf)Vigor: Reduced from 50% to 33% (33% nerf)Regen: Reduced Healing Power - coefficient from 12.5% to 10% (20% nerf)Fury: Reduced from 20% to 15% (25% nerf)Quickness: Reduced from 50% to 33% (33% nerf)...etc. etc.

If Anet wants to stick to their design choice by every class stacking boons independently, they should at least lower Boon effectiveness to somewhat keep the powercreep in check.

PS: Looking at retaliation ....we also know that splitting boon-effectiveness per gamemode is entirely possible.

@Zenix.6198 said:Gonna sound like a broken record here.....BUT as an alternative to reducing the might-cap or tediously balancing EVERY SINGLE TRAIT / SKILL in the game regarding their might-generation.... Anet could generally reduce BOON-EFFECTIVENESS for PvP and WvW.

As people have already mentioned, 25 stacks of might (which quite a few classes can self-apply and maintain now) basically gives you 1500 extra offensive stats, which massively inflates damage accross the board. If you reduce the power and condi-dmg gain from might from 30/30 to 20/20 you basically get the same effect as lowering the cap (less total stat-gain). On top of that you don't have to tediously balance every Might-trait/skill in the game and might still keeps its ramp-component....which i think was the main concern of @ugrakarma.9416 and @Bazsi.2734 if you would just lower the cap.

You can also apply this to literally every other boon, offensive and defensive ones.

Protection: Reduced from 33% to 25% (25% nerf)Vigor: Reduced from 50% to 33% (33% nerf)Regen: Reduced Healing Power - coefficient from 12.5% to 10% (20% nerf)Fury: Reduced from 20% to 15% (25% nerf)Quickness: Reduced from 50% to 33% (33% nerf)...etc. etc.

If Anet wants to stick to their design choice by every class stacking boons independently, they should at least lower Boon effectiveness to somewhat keep the powercreep in check.

PS: Looking at retaliation ....we also know that splitting boon-effectiveness per gamemode is entirely possible.

Honestly, that feels like the exact wrong-way around. Who would even care about Fury if it was only 15%?

Boons should be high-impact and low duration. Not low-impact and splattered everywhere. This rewards proper timing and awareness, and punishes just rolling your face across the keyboard to trigger everything on cooldown.

Resistance is the best implemented boon currently. It is rare, short duration, and high impact. Alacrity is also done well. I would rather see the same treatment for boons like Protection, Fury, etc. Buff Protection to make it 66% damage reduction, but reduce the availability so nobody can manage more than 20% uptime (even on full boon-duration builds). So rather than maintaining Protection 100% of the time like some builds do now, and effectively forgetting about it, you have to actually time your Protection to counter incoming burst, and if you do it right you get rewarded. Buff Fury so that it gives 50% crit chance, but again reduce the availability so nobody can manage more than 20% uptime. And so on with Stability, Quickness, Might, Retal, etc etc.

The only boons that should be maintainable more than 50% of the time are Swiftness and Regen.

@"Ragnar.4257" said:Honestly, that feels like the exact wrong-way around. Who would even care about Fury if it was only 15%?

Boons should be high-impact and low duration. Not low-impact and splattered everywhere. This rewards proper timing and awareness, and punishes just rolling your face across the keyboard to trigger everything on cooldown.

Resistance is the best implemented boon currently. It is rare, short duration, and high impact. Alacrity is also done well. I would rather see the same treatment for boons like Protection, Fury, etc. Buff Protection to make it 66% damage reduction, but reduce the availability so nobody can manage more than 20% uptime (even on full boon-duration builds). So rather than maintaining Protection 100% of the time like some builds do now, and effectively forgetting about it, you have to actually time your Protection to counter incoming burst, and if you do it right you get rewarded. Buff Fury so that it gives 50% crit chance, but again reduce the availability so nobody can manage more than 20% uptime. And so on with Stability, Quickness, Might, Retal, etc etc.

The only boons that should be maintainable more than 50% of the time are Swiftness and Regen.

This, less spamming, more meaning and deepthness, more relevance.

The "spam meta" not only hurt the losing side, but also the wining, sometimes i even didnt know how i win, i just see foes one-shooted. also i dont even care about boons i generate more, because i know that i gain some from "heaven", because boon-sharing is also high. I even stopped use anything related to swiftness because in some way mesmers, elementalists, revenants and ofc guardians give it to you for free.