Getting Karma

Movie.2943

I am almost done completing Rodgort. All I need is Gift of Battle and enough Karma (approx 300K) to get Obsidian Shards. I know running Silverwastes gives a good deal of Obsidian Shards, but what other game type or other events gives a good percentage of Karma? Thanks in advance.

Any ls3 map, especially something like Draconis Mons has lots of events going on. Tequatl gives a big chunk (over 10k). ALso, don't forget you buy shards from certain vendors like in LS maps (incl Silverwastes), HoT vendors, laurels, fractals etc. You'll prob get karma in wvw whilst you work for your gift of battle.

Don't forget your karma boosters as well, esp the guild hall tavern one if you have access

Run the Dragon Stand meta. It should drop a ley-energy matter converter gizmo. Then buy the VB, AB, and TD unlocks for it. Everyday you then get to buy your choice of one of 3 items (plus 2 options for one of the other 2 currencies) for each of the three map currencies. Bag of obsidian shards (3), Medium bag of obsidian shards (5), and large bag of obsidian shards (10) regularly come up in the rotation, and only cost 25 of your map currency. I now have an overabundance of obsidian shards.

If you just need it for obsidian then Karmic Retribution is probably not a great choice. If you buy them from VB/AB/TD you can split the cost 50/50 between the map currency and karma. ~13 Palawadan+GH will get you enough Volatile Magic to buy it with just VM+gold. Alternatively around 1066 winterberries should give you enough unbound magic to buy them for UM+gold. You should be able to get around 50 berries per character with just the bushes. You can get another 20 from the hearts and if you also grab the icebound chests that should come out to around 90. The icebound chests can be opened with each cycle of BFF. It should be much faster if you simply buy a bit from everywhere. You mentioned SW but in case you are not aware you can also buy them for bandit crests+gold.

@mtpelion.4562 said:Unbound Magic can be converted into Obsidian Shards at the LS3 map currency vendors, which is a pretty fast way to get your Obby.

This is my usual source. You can grab a couple of thousand unbound magic (100 per shard) in about half an hour, and you can repeat with each toon. In a couple of hours, you can easily buy 50 shards or so. That's got to be faster than karma.

• 1 year later...

@Kira Wei.2361 said:I am almost done completing Rodgort. All I need is Gift of Battle and enough Karma (approx 300K) to get Obsidian Shards. I know running Silverwastes gives a good deal of Obsidian Shards, but what other game type or other events gives a good percentage of Karma? Thanks in advance.

Wintersday Bell Choir gives massive, repeatable karma - especially if you have boosters.