Wvw roaming build

keyokku.5412

Hello,

Let me upfront admit, I am somewhat lazy that's why I'm here loll! I did research, looked through metabattle and some YouTube videos and looked through some threads. Etc. Yeah it's another one of these... But still kind of want a direct recommendation to your own builds or others as a simple gw2skills etc link, don't need to explain anything, just a good link will give me a look into the inside workings

I have a super old ranger that I want to refresh and would like to play wvw roaming power soulbeast particularly with a greatsword? Or sword? if that's viable. I've seen it in builds but I've fought a lot of pew pew bow rangers and only some good ones who stay melee and while bows are effective, I would prefer the options to stay a good lot of melee after the whole ranged opening act

Nothing wrong with Metabattle Dual Axe Roamer Build (aka Boonbeast), although it hasn't been updated in awhile (dosen't have any anscended food choices) and I would argue Axes are less effective in WvW than in Spvp. Dual stealth capability (hunter's shot longbow and smokescale's smoke field) along with decent sustain is hard to beat.

As a power soulbeast it's a good idea to always carry the primary power weapons: longbow, greatsword, sword, warhorn, axes (2) and now even dagger. Use them all and find out what works for you in certain situations.

@"takatsu.9416" said:Hello,

Let me upfront admit, I am somewhat lazy that's why I'm here loll! I did research, looked through metabattle and some YouTube videos and looked through some threads. Etc. Yeah it's another one of these... But still kind of want a direct recommendation to your own builds or others as a simple gw2skills etc link, don't need to explain anything, just a good link will give me a look into the inside workings

I have a super old ranger that I want to refresh and would like to play wvw roaming power soulbeast particularly with a greatsword? Or sword? if that's viable. I've seen it in builds but I've fought a lot of pew pew bow rangers and only some good ones who stay melee and while bows are effective, I would prefer the options to stay a good lot of melee after the whole ranged opening act

Hi there.

(Edit, made build in build editor.)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAENlZw8YPsIGKmUXrv0RkG-zVZYBRFBF4WIVghK6rQCLEysA6ND84gIG7h6jENlQbnjqZA-w

Pick greatsword, longbow.Nature magic, 2-2-2, beast mastery 3-2-2,Soulbeast boon copy on merge trait, boon copy on quickness, and extend stance duration traits.

For utilities: we heal as one, lighting teller reflexes, dolyak stance, moa stance, shout elite.

Smokescale and siamoth pet for plasma on f2.

Run full zerk armor, full commanders trinkets. Rune of dolyak. Sigil that gives quickness on interrupt. On longbow..

Rotation is all about merging for boons with plasma. So when you get plasma, pop moastance use plasma, heal, merge, longbow #4 for quickness boon reset after 5 seconds.

Fighting against power builds you are nearly invincible. Dolyak stance stacks with protection for 66% dmg reduction.

Fighting against condi, you must play ONLY defensive until you get plasma. When you get plasma, do your best to keep resistance boon for as long aa possible by extending boon duration, and then just go ham full offense.

@bigo.9037 said:

Hi there.

(Edit, made build in build editor.)

Pick greatsword, longbow.Nature magic, 2-2-2, beast mastery 3-2-2,Soulbeast boon copy on merge trait, boon copy on quickness, and extend stance duration traits.

For utilities: we heal as one, lighting teller reflexes, dolyak stance, moa stance, shout elite.

Smokescale and siamoth pet for plasma on f2.

Run full zerk armor, full commanders trinkets. Rune of dolyak. Sigil that gives quickness on interrupt. On longbow..

Rotation is all about merging for boons with plasma. So when you get plasma, pop moastance use plasma, heal, merge, longbow #4 for quickness boon reset after 5 seconds.

Fighting against power builds you are nearly invincible. Dolyak stance stacks with protection for 66% dmg reduction.

Fighting against condi, you must play ONLY defensive until you get plasma. When you get plasma, do your best to keep resistance boon for as long aa possible by extending boon duration, and then just go ham full offense.

This build has higher dmg than any build running the NM + WS variant, and better boons higher dmg than BM + WS variant.

Only thing is, if you're fighting pure condi builds, you rely on plasma rng. If you want better chances of winning vs condi, swap NM for WS. Personally I stay on NM most of the time as condi builds are rare and RNG does suffice for the most part.

Reina? :open_mouth:

Here you can check out

and look at the ranger videos I've posted (these are more recently uploaded). I'll pm you the WvW version of my build too!

It's all raw footage + commentary from my streams.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Here you can check out
and look at the ranger videos I've posted (these are more recently uploaded). I'll pm you the WvW version of my build too!

What server are you on btw? NA right? I remember you from forums for quite a while.

@bigo.9037 said:

Here you can check out

What server are you on btw? NA right? I remember you from forums for quite a while.

Anvil Rock iirc. Yep, I'm on NA. :)