Raids-What are they?

@Taygus.4571 said:

@"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:Best suggestion to get into raiding is to find a raid guild which runs training and try and participate in as much as you can - this is the only way

I have been trying to find a guild that does trainings at 8pm gmt, for months. I've come to the conclusion that it probably doesnt exist. They all start at 6pm gmt. I can't start that early.

so it's really not that simple as "find a guild".

I do wish anet would also ban raid sellers, but i guess that brimg too much money in.

Our training guild has most of its trainings 7pm or 8pm gmt

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@voltaicbore.8012 said:but lately I've been considering paying for some clears just to get my mastery up to max

Join a training run that's doing either of the first two bosses for Wing 4. Those usually tend to succeed with new players and you only need to beat one raid encounter to unlock the raid mastery track.

Ah good to know. I'd heard that it takes very little to open the mastery track, and I just... want to have that done for the sake of having it done.

• 3 weeks later...

@ixora.3569 said:I can answer this. A raid is something I will never be able to do because i have no friends, Also Min/maxers kick me out because I dont have the gear they want me to have....Such is the solo life.

Well there is many guilds that has raid trainings and also LFG. When it comes to gear, proper zerk gear is cheap and easy to get.

You dont raid because you dont want to raid.

@Taygus.4571 said:

@"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:Best suggestion to get into raiding is to find a raid guild which runs training and try and participate in as much as you can - this is the only way

I have been trying to find a guild that does trainings at 8pm gmt, for months. I've come to the conclusion that it probably doesnt exist. They all start at 6pm gmt. I can't start that early.

so it's really not that simple as "find a guild".

Im the same vote but with a different time zone. The guild i ended up joining starts their training runs at 10pm in my TZ so i cant make it. And every other guild ive looked into does it at around the same time. i cant start later than 8PM eastern or earlier than 4pm eastern(if im lucky), so im -boned- when it comes to raids, add to that i rarely see guilds promoting doing raids these days(and the few i do seem to what players to know what to do already), or dont support the time range i listed.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@ixora.3569 said:I can answer this. A raid is something I will never be able to do because i have no friends, Also Min/maxers kick me out because I dont have the gear they want me to have....Such is the solo life.

Well there is many guilds that has raid trainings and also LFG. When it comes to gear, proper zerk gear is cheap and easy to get.

Woah I do raid (at least try) but I get kicked or we dont finish. Dont go attacking me cuz I get kicked honestly people these days.

@ixora.3569 said:

Woah I do raid (at least try) but I get kicked or we dont finish. Dont go attacking me cuz I get kicked honestly people these days.

You have to admit, one can misunderstand what you were saying, given you explicitly stated you:

@ixora.3569 said:will never be able to do [raids]

If you are getting kicked from raids, reflect on why you were kicked and try to improve so the next group does not kick you. Gear is very seldom the main reason.

@ixora.3569 said:

Ofc you might get kicked if you dont have proper gear like you said earlier.

Gear up and learn your rotation.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Vinceman.4572" said:No wonder. Player count shrinking in an alarming rate.Do you have numbers to support that hypothesis?

Well you can use data from gw2efficiency to see that the most active and loyal players are indeed leaving. We don't have data for the "I play 1 hour a year" casuals, but I don't think they can make a game look alive anyway. It's the players that play multiple hours every day that make a game feel alive and active, and those are leaving in large numbers, especially after the direction the Icebrood Saga went towards.

@"Fueki.4753" said:gw2eficiency is a small sample size.It's like asking random people on the street during surveys.It may represent the whole population, but it also might be completely off.

Small sample size of what exactly? The number of active players in a month means nothing for a game's activity, a player that plays 1 hour in a month won't make the game feel active but a player that plays 10 hours in a day will. And gw2efficiency accounts have half (or more) the total play time of the entire population, meaning this "small sample size" is actually the most active part of the playerbase, by a huge margin. Now if this hugely active part is shrinking, and there is no question about that because it does, it means overall activity is also shrinking.

edit: it's not asking random people, it's asking the most active and invested people during surveys.

If it doesn't list all the playtime, it's small in comparison.How do you even know it lists that much of playtime? Does it offer official numbers that Arenanet doesn't make public otherwise?

I used to count myself as part of the more active half of players, yet I never even touched that site.

We do have official data on both the total playerbase and gw2efficiency users.

First, Arenanet made it public here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/celebrating-six-years-of-guild-wars-2/The community has played 119,431.07 years combined. This is the playtime of the 11000000 accounts that the game had in August 28, 2018

Second, gw2efficiency gives us the combined total playtime of all its accounts: https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statisticsWhich is 551,387,445 hours, or 22,974,476.875‬‬ days, or 62,943.77226027397 years

Then it's a simple subtraction.11000000 total accounts played 119,431 years combined245,601‬ total gw2efficiency accounts played 62,944 years combined10,754,399‬ non-gw2efficiency accounts played 56,487 years combined, obviously the actual number of active players is much less, but that does prove gw2efficiency accounts play as much as the rest of the playerbase combined. No matter how "small" the sample is. There is no speculation here, just hard data.

Now for some estimates and speculation. I'm using data from January 2020, comparing with -almost- September 2018, 15 month difference, however gw2efficiency activity is down to 20% in 2019, so their overall playtime accumulation must also be lower. But in any case, the game has a total life of 89 months, so 15 months is 1/6th (5.93 to be exact) that. So we can use this to subtract from the total of gw2efficiency playtime to reach the number 52,336 which isn't half of the total, but very close to what the non-gw2efficiency population has accumulated (56,487), again this is the worst possible number because activity of gw2efficinecy is down to 20% in 2019, meaning their playtime accumulation is much slower, but as a worst case scenario, it still shows just how much of the total playtime is from gw2efficiency users.

Edit:

@Fueki.4753 said:I used to count myself as part of the more active half of players, yet I never even touched that site.

Obviously you are a tiny minority of the non-gw2efficiency users.