How do you feel about the imminent balance patch, and why?

Poelala.2830

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know it was imminent, but I can respect how comparatively quick this patch hit compared to the rest; if this is even true, Idunno.

I'll go with a "there's a what?" option every time if you give us one, because I think people overstate how unbalanced this game is all the time. It's not that bad and there's winners and losers every time just like any other game. I'd rather see all the energy that goes into the heated balance debates that nobody can ever seem to agree with, go into something that benefits everyone on a larger and more permanent level.

qWwaKdW.jpg

I dread it because I am worried they will mess things up further.

A good example is nerfing the wrong thing about scourge(mechanics) and letting it affect PvE making it underperform and gutting its dmg and support for PvE because of PVP. What if for instance, they touch what mes dread what was it infinite horizon? and nerf it into the ground, what if they decide to gut all stealth moves by adding ridiculous CDs What if they hit core engi and gut it.

While I'm hopeful in some ways maybe mirage will get touched on and maybe they will find a way to give some QOL to druid and mes, I'm also worried what they might do and dread it, I don't trust ANET.

Apathetic.If they fix the game in one patch, I'd be pretty hyped and give all the props it deserves.

Otherwise-At worst they make it worse. Game has been better, sure; But it's better in many ways to what we had in the past.But oh well... Dipping into negative numbers doesn't matter when you take the attitude where you round all negatives to 0 (zero) anyways.

I’m extremely optimistic. They said they are looking at every skill and trait. This is exactly what we need. A full rebalance as guild wars 2 has been a work in progress for so long that so much stuff is out of wack now.

If it is as all encompassing as they are promising we are talking a full meta and paradigm shift to PvP and possibly pve too depending on what stuff gets altered.

They have been listening more and more recently to a lot of feedback and their changes have caused actual meta shifts with very small changes in some places which tells me they are somewhat in touch.

I main engineer so the idea of full overhauls is really exciting to me on a class that has a huge quantity of its tools being quite lacklustre.

I don’t see any point in playing the game anymore if you can’t view their current approach as positive. Content is coming at a decent pace in one form or another as are features.

I still believe that this big balance patch could be the start of a big new PvP push

At least it's pretty sure to thake the meta up majorly and that's a very good thing at this point. If the new meta will actually be amazing remains to be seen, but I am so sick of this one that I'd settle for pretty much anything over this, except a total bunker meta like after HoT release maybe.

I am optimistic, but considering it is going to consist of primarily numerical splits and not functionality changes, I have my expectations lowered because a lot of what is wrong with balance on the larger scale is a matter of functionality. But hey, I have faith in Cal and am hopeful that we don't all feel so much like superheroes and one-man armies. I just hope we get patch notes soon.

Other. If they do stuff like randomly take away a qol skill like fall damage or change the layout of weapon skills on the bar -- all because we players are too stupid or easily confused, then I am not excited at all. If they homaginize skills so every one in the same class has to use the same builds mo so then now, then I am not excited. But if they change skills so each class has a fair chance against other classes, then I would be excited. So far all they have done is talk about increasing damage and reducing healing, which leave some classes, like guards, at a distinct disadvantage advantage.

As much as I'm respectful of cmc's work, I'm also worried about how much of a burden it was for him to carry the balance patch accross every single trait. But also hope that there'll be viable duelists/roamers builds - my favourite type of gameplay; even if it means that weavers might get out of the current pvp scenery they fullfil.

Additionally, and as I'm a fairly new player (~4 years), I'm also very afraid about how traumatic it'll be to change builds into completely different ones; with very distinct roles. "resetting" all your muscular memory and niches about your current builds is a thing that I'm not secure if I can deliver; in spite of it (hopefully) being a necessary sacrifice.

• ArenaNet Staff

It's going to be somewhat chaotic for a while. And I'm sure there will be overlooked things or unintentional problems. The number of changes is so large that all possible interactions are impossible to predict. Our goal is to be able to respond relatively quickly to issues that come up. And there will probably need to be a decent size follow-up release to continue to refine. Balance is a long term commitment, not a one release solution.