Should function gyro just be "Toss Elixir R" instead?

Ruufio.1496

And change Toss Elxir R from a light field to a poison field instead. Adjust Toss Elixir R to not revive if no downed allies are present at the target location. (To prevent self-revive abuse)

Would this not be infinitely better than our current function gyro meme in every way? Poison will always affect downed enemies and the revive will always affect downed allies. They are changing the toss to be unblockable if you didn't know as well. As a result of function gyro becoming an elixir you'll lose the superspeed. You would also lose the lightning field from it since it would now be a poison field.

Thoughts?

@"Ruufio.1496" said:To prevent self-revive abuse

Just no, first i can't see this as abuse because you have to time very well when you throw or it will be useless, second i believe people only take elixir R for this "possible" self revive cus the elixir R itself is good but far weaker compared to other elixirs.As said by hannelore there is no point on changing the Scrapper exclusive mechanic to function the same way an elixir does for all specs, in my sincere opinion they should get rid of this "revive or finish" mechanic that was forced into function gyro and put something else (there are so many possibilities, why not a buff that "overcharges" gyros increasing their effects or applying extra effects?) cus i rarely use function gyro to finish/ress someone, it is mostly for the lightning field or stability.

@Ruufio.1496 said:As a result of function gyro becoming an elixir you'll lose the superspeed and the quickness from it if you use chronomancer runes (We have plenty of both of those so it is not the end of the world - honest).

The Function Gyro is by design NOT a Gyro/Well, which sadly means it does not work with Chronomancer Runes at all. Instead the first 3 selectable traits of the Scrapper Traitline allow you to configure the Function Gyro to your needs. It will always revive downed allies or finish downed enemies, but you can pick one of three side-effects:

• apply superspeed to allies
  • daze nearby enemies
  • apply stability to allies

This is why a lot of us do not use the Function Gyro for revival or stomping at all. It is a reliable additional source for Lightning Fields and applies one of the three above mentioned side effects, which can be used to our benefit and that of our allies as well.

I do not think turning the Gyro into an Elixir is a good idea, simple because of the aftermath. Core Engineer is in a very weak state at the moment, touching any core-mechanic to balance one of the elites always harmed core in the past. The Function Gyro performs OK atm, it is not too buggy and revives/stomps as it should. Could be a little harder to interrupt it, but we get buffs and side-effects for using it. Still hilarious compared to other Elite mechanics, but better than ever before (imho).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tbh at least in PVE, function gyro is very potent for AoE ressing (Kitty's basically carried squads with it in raids as power scrapper) and if some necro-tier ressing power is needed, Toss Elixir R basically doubles it. And on heal build, Toss Elixir R is a ridiculously strong ress atm as it's affected by outgoing healing-mod (though peoples in general don't realize how broken strong heal-engi is as PVE support).

I think Function Gyro has never had any proper thought put into it ever since it existed.

It's literally a skill which lets yu press F from range.

If Anet wants to seriously sell Function Gyro as an Elite Toolbelt, they need to make it not just a AoEPressFWhichMayOrMayNotHappenDependingOnTheSituationBecauseGyrosAreReallyFragileTeeHee

Make it do something more engaging at least.

Make it do an AoE AED on allies or something, and inversely drops a stun and heavy damage on enemies.

Make it like Photon Forge's Master Traits, where the player is allowed to select how their Gyro functions.

Anything than just an AoE press F with a poopy Lightning Field.