DSD appearances of the dragon and minions

hugo.4705

I know I've started speculations about that long time ago but last night got a revelation. I launched myself ingame to rewatch the visions of the all and cinematic about the deep sea dragon. And here is what I've come with:

l37j6WD.jpg

Named the 3D test "axolotl dragon" strangely, it looks like toothless. The one from the left is what I've seen with the vision within the story. Just think the body is bulkier than the drawn one. (speak of the right one)I just Imagine it with an axolotl face, oriental flying gurnard lateral fins, spiky ray type tail and several bio-luminescence due to the deeps like that light spike on its head.

I also thought a lot about the infinity coil blue zone, the trials within Tarir. What if deep sea dragon minions are, simply, water elemental/ creatures made fully of water? This way impossible to see them. My guess is that the Aquarium within the crucible of eternity isn't empty, it's just all those big elemental are invisible to us, until we go in it and got killed. Imagine that the minion is just a body of water like a waterfall, a lake or anything similar or "bubbles" of water within waters.

CeuWvOW.jpg

We haven't seen them when Kasmeer trained the cubs in grothmar, during Tarir Trials, we just saw geysers. What if, they can't survive out of water? Moving only through their own fluid, water? I think it may explain the design of zone blue, the ground is water to allow that elemental/creature to move through it to reach the aquarium. But it would explain the issue with the size told by the water lead scientist if that creature can't modify its conformation. The second idea would be that those creatures looks like ocean inspired stuffs like corals, tentacles, shells or whirlwinds etc but camouflage themselves by erasing themselves from our sight, so manipulating our vision to make us only see water.

But I'm more for my first thought, the dragon manipulate water elemental which are just water within water so we don't see them, they can kill without being seen. I can understand why peoples would flee it if they are becoming paranoid about that. (you are in water and you are lacerated and hit without seeing anything) just see above or imagine chaos in sonic. (http://info.sonicretro.org/images/7/75/SA1PerfChaos2.PNG) . Imho it would explain the fact we don't have anything from them. Apart if they are going to the surface of the water, you can't see them and their 3D shape. Karkas aren't the minions, Largos obviously not, I could have thought about quaggans (looking at their angry appearances), but I think it's even more vicious than inoffensive looking quaggans, as said waters within waters.

• Like 1

@"hugo.4705" said:I know I've started speculations about that long time ago but last night got a revelation. I launched myself ingame to rewatch the visions of the all and cinematic about the deep sea dragon. And here is what I've come with:

l37j6WD.jpg

Named the 3D test "axolotl dragon" strangely, it looks like toothless. The one from the left is what I've seen with the vision within the story. Just think the body is bulkier than the drawn one. (speak of the right one)I just Imagine it with an axolotl face, oriental flying gurnard lateral fins, spiky ray type tail and several bio-luminescence due to the deeps like that light spike on its head.

I also thought a lot about the infinity coil blue zone, the trials within Tarir. What if deep sea dragon minions are, simply, water elemental/ creatures made fully of water? This way impossible to see them. My guess is that the Aquarium within the crucible of eternity isn't empty, it's just all those big elemental are invisible to us, until we go in it and got killed. Imagine that the minion is just a body of water like a waterfall, a lake or anything similar or "bubbles" of water within waters.

CeuWvOW.jpg

We haven't seen them when Kasmeer trained the cubs in grothmar, during Tarir Trials, we just saw geysers. What if, they can't survive out of water? Moving only through their own fluid, water? I think it may explain the design of zone blue, the ground is water to allow that elemental/creature to move through it to reach the aquarium. But it would explain the issue with the size told by the water lead scientist if that creature can't modify its conformation. The second idea would be that those creatures looks like ocean inspired stuffs like corals, tentacles, shells or whirlwinds etc but camouflage themselves by erasing themselves from our sight, so manipulating our vision to make us only see water.

But I'm more for my first thought, the dragon manipulate water elemental which are just water within water so we don't see them, they can kill without being seen. I can understand why peoples would flee it if they are becoming paranoid about that. (you are in water and you are lacerated and hit without seeing anything) just see above or imagine chaos in sonic. (http://info.sonicretro.org/images/7/75/SA1PerfChaos2.PNG) . Imho it would explain the fact we don't have anything from them. Apart if they are going to the surface of the water, you can't see them and their 3D shape. Karkas aren't the minions, Largos obviously not, I could have thought about quaggans (looking at their angry appearances), but I think it's even more vicious than inoffensive looking quaggans, as said waters within waters.

I agree that perceiving them will probably be difficult. In the EoTN manual, we learn that terrestrial beings often have trouble recalling personal interactions with the krait, an aquatic species. Moreover, most terrestrial species become terrified when hunted by submerged largos. So there is precedent for the idea that aquatic and terrestrial creatures aren't good at getting along and that, when aquatic creatures are concealed within water, terrestrial creatures have trouble perceiving them.

However, it's worth noting that creatures such as water djinn can be reasoned with, and the Inquest, comprised of terrestrial creatures, believes it has identified the minions of the DSD. So if we will have trouble perceiving them, it may be linked to more than just concealment within water; it may have something to do with a basic spell that only aquatic creatures can cast, which adversely affects terrestrials.

It's merely called the Deep-Sea dragon, because it's located deep under the sea.We have no spheres of influence, nor a name.For all we know, its abilities might not even relate to water.It might even be the origin of the Great Dwarf legend and the Rite of the Great Dwarf actually is self-inflicted Elder Dragon corruption (similar to how Caithe chose to become Aurene's branded).

@"Fueki.4753" said:It's merely called the Deep-Sea dragon, because it's located deep under the sea.We have no spheres of influence, nor a name.For all we know, its abilities might not even relate to water.It might even be the origin of the Great Dwarf legend and the Rite of the Great Dwarf actually is self-inflicted Elder Dragon corruption (similar to how Caithe chose to become Aurene's branded).

We do have a hint at its first sphere and its minions' appearance.

In the relatively recent Icebrood Saga magazine, Taimi calls this the "Water Dragon". Now it could just be another way of saying "deep sea dragon" in the same light Kralkatorrik is the "desert dragon" and Zhaitan the "Orrian dragon", or it could be in the same light Kralkatorrik is the "Crystal Dragon", Zhaitan the "Undeath Dragon", and Jormag the "Ice Dragon". The magazine also hints at its abilities: control over water.

The water dragonScholars have long debated the possible existence of another Elder Dragon—one that may possess a degree of control over water and the oceans. Canthan and Elonian sailors have recounted tales of strange creatures heretofore unknown emerging from the oceans, possibly tied to this dragon's resurgence, but as of this writing, that folklore has yet to be empirically verified.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elder_Dragons:_Notes_from_the_Field

As to minions' appearances, we can just go to the very first lore on the DSD we have:

In the deepest waters of the sea, another dragon breathed, twisting the waters themselves into tentacled horrors that rose from every lake and river of the land.And this hints to the dragon's abilities too, reinforcing the line from Taimi (or rather, Taimi's line reinforces this). Twisting water, in the same way Primordus twists rock and lava, into minions.

Overall, this fairly strongly now implies the first domain is indeed water, if it is called "the water dragon" and controls water in descriptions matching Primordus, the fire dragon's, control over fire and lava.