WvW Reward buff?

Virdo.1540

Are the rewards from wvw going to be pumped up in the future? Or maybe at least lined up with the ones from pvp?

Because the rewards from wvw are completely underwhelming and (in some cases) not worth it, while in pvp people get tons of tons of gold together with the things that wvw players get.

(would maybe be good for increasing the wvw playercount too)

I make quite a bit of gold refining and selling materials. I don't know if it's true but if it is, apart from being able to loot gear, some dated reasoning could be that since WvW was considered end game for when you're at the top of pve content, or so I remember being told way back when, that we'd be able to supplement one with the other.

One of my main gripes as far as rewards go is that our Triumphant gear in no way comes close being the same quality as Glorious. Triumphant gear has poorly planned dye channels where textured dye can make a piece not flow with other pieces at all, clunky plastic toy parts on pieces that might look nice otherwise (medium shoulders would be the best looking, sleekest in the game if the piece of trash on top were lopped off), the chest piece hip flaps need to go on medium at least, and the chest piece effect dye channel needs it's own slot.

I'd also like to be able to fund and supply my ascended food crafting in WvW.

And as stupid as it sounds, I want to be able to use my Nuhoch Warbler in WvW.

• 1 month later...

@Sznurek.8791 said:bump.Everytime I come back to the game mode I feel it's so underwhelming in the rewards department.They should just throw some gold into the skirmish chests and call it a day.I think right now you are earning about 6 times less than for example in PvP.

They probably won't do that because those level up chests give you like 50 silver each time. I agree with you 100% though, it would be a welcome change, especially considering all the food you use etc.

Why not bringing up an average of 1 gold per Pip-Chest?

It would still be not worth mentioning with the insane pvp rewards, but it would be an beginning.

1gold per pip chest = 35g per week (at max)

• maybe put every WvW-Level up to about 50silver, every 10lvl-streak 1gold.

i'm also pro reward-upping.

we seriously need more nerds that really play good stuff... it is not that hard grabbing one playable meta set and requires not great time to learn them. but apparently the rewards aren't making most people feel it'll be worth doing that.

outside of that, healing sets feel a bit more unattractive since they are in general harder to make. for a monks' you need at least six ascalonian reward track and six triumphant armor completings, other dps stuff is way more easy to get into. still, one mediocre rev does more damage than 10 newbie necros in a group battle.

most efficient would be somehow even groups, not a 15 people group with 9 necros and only 1 healer for example

also, faster killing just gets nerfed while we speak. farming somehow still works over wvw, but not very speedy for the work you gotta put into your play.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:they're called heavy loot bags. stop complaining and kill faster. rewards are for pve, seriously. if you want stuff go farm for a few hours and stop being so lazy.

I’m on a small server and my bags are always full with just a few minutes of gameplay >_> e feel we have to much rewards on wvw..

Maybe because we have sonmuch divergent opinions it’s because we have alot of loot and rewards but bad ones :/

I only play for the wvw chest initial rewards so I can get ascended gear and that fine for me, all other rewards are clutter to be converted to gold.