The first build

KrillDes.4597

Here are some of my comments:-I would remove staff and put in dagger main hand and warhorn so you have a melee option, and one that offers better dps.-You're using Plaguelands as an elite while running berserker stats...why? The condis it will inflict will deal very little damage and last too little. Personally I would recommend either Flesh Golem, or even Lich Form. For the same reasons, taking Dhuumfire is a bad idea; if you're running a power build, then Death Perception is the way to go, it's just too good a trait for power options.
-If you are taking Death Magic for the power boost from Deadly Strength, you will need to take Corrupter's Fervor instead of Unholy Sanctuary to maintain any decent amount of carapace stacks; note that even power builds apply enough condis between weapons and shroud to maintain decent stacks. Still, carapace stacks fade very quickly and by the time you have 30 stacks, chances are your enemies are dead. It might be more worth it to take Blood Magic in its stead

• You are taking Signets of Suffering over Closer to Death, which as far as damage goes is not a good move; the meager 90 extra power you get on Signet of Spite is nothing compared to dealing 20% more damage to foes <50% health. Yes, you would have 270 extra power while in shroud, but with Death Perception you would be critting more often and for higher numbers thanks to the +300 Ferocity, so that will carry you while your enemy is >50%.
  • Signets of Suffering does make Signet of Vampirism quite a good heal as it will heal you for roughly 5k and can recharge very fast. But again, if you want damage, take Closer to Death and instead of SoV take Well of Blood which is one of the best heals for necro.
  • I personally do not agree with taking Spectral Armor: necro is borderline unkillable in open world PvE and you are not likely to get hard CCed in many places. If you are taking it for Life Force generation, you really don't need to if you take dagger. Even with axe/focus alone you would be recovering a lot of lifeforce rather quickly and without the need to be hit. I would drop it for Well of Suffering, which is quite a good damage utility.
  • If you DO take blood magic over Death Magic and use the wells I recommended, take Vampiric Rituals as a grand master: tad more sustain/damage out of them and protection if you cast a well on yourself.

Having said all this, core power necro is....not good. I mean it will do alright in open world PvE, but even support builds do alright there. Your main power skills in shroud are Life Blast (which actually isn't half bad...if only it weren't so SLOW) and Life Transfer (which is ok-ish). Core necro is built better (though marginally) for condi damage. A viper set up would be good for damage, or if you want to be digustingly unkillable in PvE use Trailblazers, which does less damage but oh boy does it compliment necro tankiness while doing respectable damage oh so well.