Why is FGS still at 180s of cooldown?

Razor.6392

@Antycypator.9874 said:Because you can use the FGS two times for whole minute (each FGS can be wielded for 30 seconds).I think It would be much better to shorten the CD, but without an option to pick it up again (or by another player), so you can conjure weapon only for yourself.

They could keep the 2nd dropped weapon, but just have it expire before the original weapon's 30s. This way you can't chain them together for the full duration. The best you could do is chain them for (30s + expiration time of dropped weapon) -- as in you use your conjured one right up to the point where the dropped one will expire, then grab the dropped one.

That being said, I think they should get rid of the dropped 2nd weapon.

• 3 months later...

@"Razor.6392" said:No one has ever said in the history of games "oh kitten he popped fgs, careful".

The cooldown is a little too long,140s or maybe even 120s would be a lot more reasonable...but I think your FGS is broken if no one is scared of it. Insane 14k+ crits on skill 4, 10 target cap on skill 5, and an evade+reasonable aoe dps skill for 3, plus if you've dropped meteor first you're buffing all your meteor shower damage just by holding the FGS due to it's power increase.

FGS is insanely valuable to me and yes the trait is very good - burning precision on staff weaver will help proc Pyromancer's Training 10% dmg buff more often but I don't know if it's proc'd during the first strike where burn is applied or after (in any case it's on a 5s cooldown and only lasts 3s... not great). Conjurer trait allows me to drop FGS skill 5 twice during a fight which is a big DPS increase - also let's not ignore that FGS autoattack is very good at close range when your group is in melee range.

Really if you want to see why FGS is great just wait for a zerg to full commit in a choke, drop meteor, lavafont+lightningsurge > FGS skill 5, FGS skill 3 into their group then lightningflash backwards to your group and notice that you're 30% of your group's entire DPS output right now and you just won the fight.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently switched to FGS for my WvW Zerg build as well, and the cooldown is definitely too long for what the skill offers.You lose access to your normal skills from the different attunements, instead getting decently powerful skills which, as others pointed out, provide a decent mobility boost and some AE at reduced range. Range is usually one of those very important survival aspects when playing Ele and the reduced range definitely requires you to be closer to danger than you would normally be.Of course there's also the attribute bonus.

I agree with the suggestion of removing the second FGS and instead greatly reducing the skills cooldown, 120 seconds sound more fitting. I would also suggest that the conjurer trait should reduce not just the weapon skills's cooldowns, but the FGS cooldown itself as well to some degree. Overall the Ele's elite skills are mostly quite disappointing, especially the core ones.

Yes, it can be great at times and give a decent boost to a bomb, but then it's not available anymore for 3 minutes, and three minutes is a long time, especially since its cooldown will be made even longer due to things like "chilled". Usually one should use everything as possible to win a fight, but with a three minute cooldown a slight wrong timing can mean it ended up being a huge, pointless waste, making the skill unavailable at least for this fight and probably also for the next ... and the one after that, depending on how fast the zerg engagements go. In other words, the skill is usually on CD when you need it or you never use it.

• 3 months later...

Why, oh why, oh why is this still 180? Tornado was just changed from 60 sec to 90 sec in pvp. Can FGS be decreased as well in pvp solely? Honestly, what is the deal with conjures that devs avoid them so?

Without affecting pve benchmarks, Ele's can actually have some decent range options in Pvp.

@"AliamRationem.5172" said:I feel like conjures are a missed opportunity. They should be used to supplement ele skills because they lack a weapon swap. They should not be standalone weapon sets on ridiculously long cooldowns. They really need a skill rework and change to function like kits, imo.

60 sec utility CD's I've learned to suffer with, haha. It takes good positioning. Both pick ups help(2 uses/60sec instead of 1 use/60sec)

But yes, 180 is "ridiculously long". You have 30 sec to use one and pick up the other. When really, FGS is good enough to hold onto rather than quick use and drop like the others

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

im fine with the cool down sometimes in roaming the, fgs sucks, cuz no heal. Like guy said use for positioning or escape, or a burst then throw away. what they really need to do is admit they effed up in making the ele the only class that can’t weapon swap in combat. Like wut, so some classes can dissappear at any moment and walk away or perma stealth anytime, unblockable ccs, turn a person into a defensless moa in the middle of a fight, yet ele cant have a combat weapon swap because swapping between range and melee like pretty much every class definitely breaks the balance??????

Edited by BlueRaVeN.9135
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, BlueRaVeN.9135 said:

im fine with the cool down sometimes in roaming the, fgs sucks, cuz no heal. Like guy said use for positioning or escape, or a burst then throw away. what they really need to do is admit they effed up in making the ele the only class that can’t weapon swap in combat. Like wut, so some classes can dissappear at any moment and walk away or perma stealth anytime, unblockable ccs, turn a person into a defensless moa in the middle of a fight, yet ele cant have a combat weapon swap because swapping between range and melee like pretty much every class definitely breaks the balance??????

What?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 8:21 PM, BlueRaVeN.9135 said:

Huh,? Engineer also doesn't have weapon swap lol. 

No this isn't a weapon swap issue lmao. 

Imo all conjure weapons need a big rework. Although i like the concept of dropping a weapon for your teammates, it simply doesn't work. Conjure weapons were the most busted skills in gw2 history. FGS skill 4 used to deal like 200k dmge, frost bow was the ultimate aoe nuke easily beating any aoe across all classes. Lightning hammer was the top sustain dps for most of the classes. Every dungeon speedrun guild had atleast 2 ele's in their party. 

Conjure weapons can't be good, because if they would be good they can be easily meta defining. Honestly, in the current state of ele and conjure weapons, i'd like them to make the conjure weapons for ele only and fully removed their conjure cooldown (like engineer kits)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...

Bump! -- Given Anet's new perspective upon weapons and how they effect the game overall, why is this Elite skill 180sec? What meta is FGS abusing so heavily that it needs a long cooldown?

It's a dead skill used only sometimes in WvW or PvP to cleave downs. Even then, it's not worth a slot, since revival skills from support classes are literally half the cooldown.

FGS has to be reduced from 180 to 90 otherwise it'll remain a wasted skill that no one uses. Reduce the attribute coefficients if need be in order to balance the damage output.