Mirage Mesmer Axe Clones question

Ice Blue Eyes.6420

@Ice Blue Eyes.6420 said:I am pretty new to mesmer, and i checked on gw2 wiki and it says clones do little to 0 damages, but i try it on enemies on my mirage axe skill 2, the axe clones are dealing damages as well as condition damages, so can anyone explain this?

there is power damage and condition damage.clones will deal low damage with basic attacks 1-20dmg, and they WILL apply conditions. those conditions will tick for damage lets say 100/s per attack.if you have multiple clones attacking it can stack to something lets say 500/s and it looks as if they were dealing damage with attacks but they dont.

Look at the damage of your axe basic attack, they will do the torment/bleed portion of it.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Ice Blue Eyes.6420 said:I am pretty new to mesmer, and i checked on gw2 wiki and it says clones do little to 0 damages, but i try it on enemies on my mirage axe skill 2, the axe clones are dealing damages as well as condition damages, so can anyone explain this?

there is power damage and condition damage.clones will deal low damage with basic attacks 1-20dmg, and they WILL apply conditions. those conditions will tick for damage lets say 100/s per attack.if you have multiple clones attacking it can stack to something lets say 500/s and it looks as if they were dealing damage with attacks but they dont.

Look at the damage of your axe basic attack, they will do the torment/bleed portion of it.

I only attacked an enemy once using my axe skill 2 and it generates one clone, and i didnt attack i just stood there and watch the axe clone attack, it does deal reasonable amount of damages as well as condition damages. I only test it on one axe clone.

Information can be old/recycled and the section you read from could be written potentially ages before the existence of mirage.

Clones could always deal dmg. It’s just very negligible being < 100 dmg per hit, when other skills are able to hit over 4-24k.

Mirage axe clones can stack a reasonable amount of condition dmg, and is part of mirage’s apparent design where clones should be kept alive whenever possible for maximum benefit. Yes, you can have a build where you have 3 axe clones doing everything for you.

Keep in mind though that there are other professions and builds that are able to blow up enemies under 2s, so just having clones wail on the same enemy for over 10s is less than ideal.

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:Information can be old/recycled and the section you read from could be written potentially ages before the existence of mirage.

Clones could always deal dmg. It’s just very negligible being < 100 dmg per hit, when other skills are able to hit over 4-24k.

Mirage axe clones can stack a reasonable amount of condition dmg, and is part of mirage’s apparent design where clones should be kept alive whenever possible for maximum benefit. Yes, you can have a build where you have 3 axe clones doing everything for you.

Keep in mind though that there are other professions and builds that are able to blow up enemies under 2s, so just having clones wail on the same enemy for over 10s is less than ideal.

does this translate to: mirage is bad ?

@Teefy.5016 said:

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:Information can be old/recycled and the section you read from could be written potentially ages before the existence of mirage.

OP posed their argument in a way that made me assume they thought they could get away with using clones and afk (as it is proven they do 'reasonable' dmg). The answer is, you are able to use clones and afk, but it is suboptimal to do so.

In comparison to other specs, mirage 'blows up' enemies by making the enemy blow themselves up with 12k ticks of confusion. Which you obviously can't do afk with 3 clones.

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:

OP posed their argument in a way that made me assume they thought they could get away with using clones and afk (as it is proven they do 'reasonable' dmg). The answer is, you are able to use clones and afk, but it is suboptimal to do so.

In comparison to other specs, mirage 'blows up' enemies by making the enemy blow themselves up with 12k ticks of confusion. Which you obviously can't do afk with 3 clones.

i dunno. blowing up someone in 2 seconds sounds pretty good in comparison.

@Teefy.5016 said:

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Mirage has its own way of dishing out as much dmg as possible within a limited time frame. AFKing with 3 clones is not one of them.

Given the correct circumstances, Mirage is just as capable in blowing things up under 2s.

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Mirage has its own way of dishing out as much dmg as possible within a limited time frame. AFKing with 3 clones is not one of them.

Given the correct circumstances, Mirage is just as capable in blowing things up under 2s.

im sorry for being unclear. i never for a moment thought being afk while 3 clones are attacking was going to be viable for blowing things up in 2 seconds.

im bad at mesmer and mirage. that said, how would one go on about with blowing someone up in 2 seconds with mirage ?

@Teefy.5016 said:

im sorry for being unclear. i never for a moment thought being afk while 3 clones are attacking was going to be viable for blowing things up in 2 seconds.

im bad at mesmer and mirage. that said, how would one go on about with blowing someone up in 2 seconds with mirage ?

you dont, the guy above is exaggerating

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

you dont, the guy above is exaggerating

We're not on the same page here.

I drew context from the OP, they summoned a clone on an enemy and watched it 'do reasonable dmg'. If it were PvP, that clone would've been dead before it would have done anything meaningful. Hence, I constructed a scenario with 3 clones sitting on target for 10s which wouldn't realistically happen in PvP. So we're obviously talking about PvE. and if things are being destroyed in 2s, we're talking about trash mobs.

Hence why I'm using terms such as 'under 2s' (because you want that to happen). However, someone accidently(?) warped the conversation into PvP.

Hopefully we're all aware enough to remember that I could just cheat here and say 'power mirage'. It's still practically mirage. But I'm pretty sure everyone wants to know how to burst with condi, and I already said how - you stack so much confusion said mob ends up suiciding when it activates skills. Ofc it seems less practical than generic power dmg but it's condi - what did you expect?

Blowing things up in 2 seconds requires power damage. Conditions can be surprisingly bursty, but they still have a ramp up time, which means they don't compare favorably on a very short time scale. This levels out over time and for some classes condition damage can be better than power (e.g. condi weaver raid DPS benchmark is about 8% higher than the power variant) for sustained damage.

However, it's important to keep in mind that while damage output is important, it isn't everything. For instance, what if you're primarily a solo open world player and you prioritize being able to handle tough challenges on your own? Your build can deal all the burst damage in the world, but it won't help you if you're forced to play so defensively that you aren't focusing on damage (or worse, can't even survive the encounter!). There's nobody else there! Breakbars, healing, damage - it's all up to you!

So, is mirage "bad"? Probably not. But the question is lacking context. What are we doing with the class?