Why so few engineers?

Echoherb.6528

But Engineers doesn't need be like mages. By concept, Engineers could get access to for example:

• Engineering - Metal Tech Suit Armor (like Marvel's Iron Man, DC's Steel, Juspion and others Metal Heros).
  • Alchemy - Elixir (like Dr Hide (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) and very others fictional Alchemists).
  • Improvements - Improvements (like Max Steel, Deadpool (Wade Winston), and others improved).
  • Inventions - Turrets, Portals, Explosives, Weapons, Etc... (like Washu Habuki (Tenchi Muyo) and others fictional genious).

Currently, the Engineer has:

• Elixir. Check!
  • Turrets, Explosives (Bomb, Grenade, Mine, Mortar), Weapons (Flamethrower), Gadget, Satellite, ... Check!
  • Metal Tech Suit comes partially with Rocket Boot (Boot), Utility Goggles(Helmet) and A.E.D. (Breastplate); lacks Shoulder, Gloves and Pants. could be good each part acts like Signets while equipped, grantting some passive status until be overcharged (used) and become inactive while on CD.
  • Improvements comes partially with some traits (Iron Blooded, Adrenal Implant, Mecha Legs...), but could be something more specific. Alternatively to proposed Suit/Armor, Improvements could grants passive effects until be overcharged (used) and become inactive while on CD.

Something like this.Sorry some mistake or bad english.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JETWING.2759 said:But Engineers doesn't need be like mages. By concept, Engineers could get access to for example:

• Engineering - Metal Tech Suit Armor (like Marvel's Iron Man, DC's Steel, Juspion and others Metal Heros).
  • Alchemy - Elixir (like Dr Hide (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) and very others fictional Alchemists).
  • Improvements - Improvements (like Max Steel, Deadpool (Wade Winston), and others improved).
  • Inventions - Turrets, Portals, Explosives, Weapons, Etc... (like Washu Habuki (Tenchi Muyo) and others fictional genious).

Currently, the Engineer has:

• Elixir. Check!
  • Turrets, Explosives (Bomb, Grenade, Mine, Mortar), Weapons (Flamethrower), Gadget, Satellite, ... Check!
  • Metal Tech Suit comes partially with Rocket Boot (Boot), Utility Goggles(Helmet) and A.E.D. (Breastplate); lacks Shoulder, Gloves and Pants. could be good each part acts like Signets while equipped, grantting some passive status until be overcharged (used) and become inactive while on CD.
  • Improvements comes partially with some traits (Iron Blooded, Adrenal Implant, Mecha Legs...), but could be something more specific. Alternatively to proposed Suit/Armor, Improvements could grants passive effects until be overcharged (used) and become inactive while on CD.

Something like this.Sorry some mistake or bad english.

The Engineer class is mostly themed after Charr (kind of Steampunky) engineering, not that science fiction fluff you mentioned.They might bring a Steel-o-mancer Ironman-esque elite spec in the future, both otherwise it wouldn't fit thematically.Seeing as Yolosmith took a Star Wars-esque (old science fiction) design, I wouldn't rule out modern Science fiction as a future design.

@"Fueki.4753" said:Seeing as Yolosmith took a Star Wars-esque (old science fiction) design, I wouldn't rule out modern Science fiction as a future design.Well thats just word sallad, there is no such thing as "old" science fiction vs "modern" science fiction. There is only science fiction.

@Ghos.1326 said:i think not many engineers around because they aren't as strong as other professions. They were supposed to kind of be the jack of all trades profession, but they don't really fulfill that title since only few builds actually work on an engineer. maybe even less than few. Scrapper just got a nice little buff, and some traits reworked/changed, but after the recent changes, it can no longer play every role at once to an acceptable level, like other professions can. Which is a design flaw for other professions' builds and traits, that needs to be fixed. no profession should be able to do more than one thing GREAT/meta level (i.e. burst damage, tanking, sustained damage, etc). But as it stands, the meta builds can currently perform more than one, or all roles, to a meta level, blurring the lines of what a role should be. Engi is most balanced currently, and that's why it does not shine much, because you can't overperform in more than one role at a time anymore.

Sounds like the odd position necro is in.

Reaper doing less DPS than other classes and not really having similar levels of support on scourge, in fact, condi is sub-par.

Weaver is still king i guess what about holo doesn't holo have a role in pve?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:Seeing as Yolosmith took a Star Wars-esque (old science fiction) design, I wouldn't rule out modern Science fiction as a future design.Well thats just word sallad, there is no such thing as "old" science fiction vs "modern" science fiction. There is only science fiction.

There are the old interpretation of that Genre and more modern takes.For example, touch screens used to be part of science fiction, but in this again they are common and everywhere.Things like the Amusphere in Sword Art Online are part modern science fiction. They didn't have such ideas in the last century (as far as I know).