Skyscale is a pleasure to fly!

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@KWman.3012 said:Quest chains to unlock Skyscale are taking too long. Overtime, I am losing interest to even login to play at all.

Dont give up. its well worth it. But yes, its not something you should all at once. See it as a long term goal.

Yes, don't give up. Don't try to get it all at once. Break it down into smaller goals/stages to complete and take it more slowly.

I absolutely love my skyscale, it makes the game even more of a pleasure. When I'm in other games I really miss it. (That and gliding :) )

@FOX.3582 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:If the Skyscale can regen stamina while grabbing on a ledge, sure it's better than the Griffin.If the Skyscale can crawl up the ledge to gain more height, then sure it's better than the Grifffin.Unfortunately, it can do neither.

Skyscale is a helicopter compared to a jet plane, the Griffin.

You just don’t have it lol.

I have it and I use it, and I still stand by with what I've posted half a year ago.

@drmambo.7620 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:If the Skyscale can regen stamina while grabbing on a ledge, sure it's better than the Griffin.If the Skyscale can crawl up the ledge to gain more height, then sure it's better than the Grifffin.Unfortunately, it can do neither.

In honestly doesn't need those abilities..Skyscale is already capable of breaking out of just about every map the way it is now which really makes me beg the question why they just don't give it free flying.It can already do all the things it's lack of free flying was meant to avoid so yeah.. kinda pointless restrictions that don't work lol

While it may seem that way, I'd argue that you still need to interact with each map in order to gain such heights, similar to the griffon. Players fear the free flight would negate any need to interact with the maps which can lead to many players just flying by alot of content.

That being said, I personally don't think free flight would be that big of a map killer, but I do think the extra amount of thought you have to put into flying ATM makes it more fun than just pressing space bar and forward like in many other games.

This. I like the fact that they found a trade off to allow flying without killing the game. Also event structures help: people tend to gravitate towards events so it's not the social interaction killer it is for most games either.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

I have it and I use it, and I still stand by with what I've posted half a year ago.

Yehyehyeh sure bud.

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

Yehyehyeh sure bud.

I dont know why you guys are so heated over this half year romance. Its all a preference. Skyscale is like a luxury Mercedes Benz while griffon is the Ferrari. There are areas in the map that griffon cant reach but skyscale can, although you could probably bunny up in those cases. So I dont think one is supreme over the other.

@Roxanne.6140 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

Yehyehyeh sure bud.

I dont know why you guys are so heated over this half year romance. Its all a preference. Skyscale is like a luxury Mercedes Benz while griffon is the Ferrari. There are areas in the map that griffon cant reach but skyscale can, although you could probably bunny up in those cases. So I dont think one is supreme over the other.

And thats the truth, they have different niches. But for general use, the skyscale trumps the griffon. Much more useful to go upwards than to go down. I personally find that the griffon has become quite niche, due to the greater precision of the skyscale that doesnt need to hammer space to keep flapping.. And the rollerbeetle offers omgspeed with far fewer hassles than the griffon.

What is this about skyscale vs griffon? You aren't maximizing either if you don't use both together. Bond of faith allows aerial dismounts and air rescue allows aerial mount switching. Allowing one to use the strengths of both mounts in a single trip. Generally starting trips with skyscale, because canopy calculation is a bit odd when switching to skyscale.

More concisely you can gain height with the skyscale, and then switch the griffon to remove canopy restrictions of the skyscale and convert the extra height to speed.You can also do this with bunny to griffon aerial swap, but I prefer the skyscale, because the skyscale can dash 4 times in a row, with bond of vigor, and allowing you to gain even more height and cover a significant amount of distance before swapping.

You can't get griffon's max speed just from skyscale height, but, given a modest hill or structure, where you normally can't launch the griffon from, the skyscale can give you enough height to greatly expand possible launching points for fast gliding.

@PseudoNewb.5468 said:What is this about skyscale vs griffon? You aren't maximizing either if you don't use both together. Bond of faith allows aerial dismounts and air rescue allows aerial mount switching. Allowing one to use the strengths of both mounts in a single trip. Generally starting trips with skyscale, because canopy calculation is a bit odd when switching to skyscale.

More concisely you can gain height with the skyscale, and then switch the griffon to remove canopy restrictions of the skyscale and convert the extra height to speed.You can also do this with bunny to griffon aerial swap, but I prefer the skyscale, because the skyscale can dash 4 times in a row, with bond of vigor, and allowing you to gain even more height and cover a significant amount of distance before swapping.

You can't get griffon's max speed just from skyscale height, but, given a modest hill or structure, where you normally can't launch the griffon from, the skyscale can give you enough height to greatly expand possible launching points for fast gliding.

to be honest, i seldom use any mount nowadays but the skyscale. Its far more convenient if a -little- slower(still way faster than base speed) to just stay on the skyscale all the time.

@Dante.1763 said:

@PseudoNewb.5468 said:What is this about skyscale vs griffon? You aren't maximizing either if you don't use both together. Bond of faith allows aerial dismounts and air rescue allows aerial mount switching. Allowing one to use the strengths of both mounts in a single trip. Generally starting trips with skyscale, because canopy calculation is a bit odd when switching to skyscale.

to be honest, i seldom use any mount nowadays but the skyscale. Its far more convenient if a -little- slower(still way faster than base speed) to just stay on the skyscale all the time.

Until you see jackal beetle raptor whizz past you on land.

@Roxanne.6140 said:

Until you see jackal beetle raptor whizz past you on land.

My two most used mounts is skyscale and beetle. Never seen reason anymore to use raptor, it runs out of juice too fast and strugles with uphill terrain. No such isues from the jackal, that is more durable due to having 3 stamina bars. As well mobs that you warp between and leave again a moment later will not activate. Whereas a raptor would be plugged full of hurt. And my jackal use? Honestly not really seen a need to switch to it with the beetle also there. The beetle got a HUGE quality of life buff with being able to start at full stamina.

@Kaliwenda.3428 said:

@KWman.3012 said:Quest chains to unlock Skyscale are taking too long. Overtime, I am losing interest to even login to play at all.

Dont give up. its well worth it. But yes, its not something you should all at once. See it as a long term goal.

Yes, don't give up. Don't try to get it all at once. Break it down into smaller goals/stages to complete and take it more slowly.

I absolutely love my skyscale, it makes the game even more of a pleasure. When I'm in other games I really miss it. (That and gliding :) )

I just finished mine over the holiday break. I support this advice. Take your time; break it down into smaller goals.

Its all a preference. Skyscale is like a luxury Mercedes Benz while griffon is the Ferrari. There are areas in the map that griffon cant reach but skyscale can, although you could probably bunny up in those cases. So I dont think one is supreme over the other.

It is true, it is all personal preference and it is a good thing that there is not one single "best" mount.

However, I never used my griffon again, since I have the skyscale. The other mounts I still use, depending on situation and terrain.

@PseudoNewb.5468 said:You can't get griffon's max speed just from skyscale height, but, given a modest hill or structure, where you normally can't launch the griffon from, the skyscale can give you enough height to greatly expand possible launching points for fast gliding.

Or you can stay on the ground and use the beetle for fast travel without waypoints. Since one of the last patches, the beetle starts with full stamina, which improved the usefulness of the beetle a lot.

@Roxanne.6140 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

Yehyehyeh sure bud.

There is preference and there is objective fact.

The facts you can observe for yourself. The skyscale is significantly faster and can fly much higher and further than the griffon can. There is an exception and that is when the griffon can utilize its dive maneuver (and maybe tight spaces where the skyscale's annoying clipping to vertical surfaces gets in the way!).

Then there is preference. So what if you prefer the griffon anyway? That's your preference. It doesn't change the objective reality of what these mounts can and can't do.

@sorudo.9054 said:i like the griffon more for a really simple reason, it isn't a huge grind to get while also having no ridicules time gating.and no, i still don't have it and never will as long as Anet stays stubborn with their love for huge grind and farming.

Well, I believe that the skyscale was considered a legendary mount, so a higher degree of grind/farming would not be inconsistent.

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

Yehyehyeh sure bud.

gw652.jpg

@kharmin.7683 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:i like the griffon more for a really simple reason, it isn't a huge grind to get while also having no ridicules time gating.and no, i still don't have it and never will as long as Anet stays stubborn with their love for huge grind and farming.

Well, I believe that the skyscale was considered a legendary mount, so a higher degree of grind/farming would not be inconsistent.

if it is then i expect something better, this is barely griffon quality.