800-900 changes in ~March 2020.

Svarty.8019

800 to 900 changes.Considering most of the latest changes were bs...i have no expectations at this point.They fix things breaking PvE (perma stealth trapper thief),they "balance" things for PvE (conditions,skill changes...)

Meanwhile you ask for server balance and sieges rework: dead silence. Sooo...yeah

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:a pretty incomprehensible number of changes. all my bad / off meta builds are both scared and hopeful.

Won't be able to watch till later, did they post them or just state a number?

@"ilMasa.2546" said:800 to 900 changes.Considering most of the latest changes were bs...i have no expectations at this point.They fix things breaking PvE (perma stealth trapper thief),they "balance" things for PvE (conditions,skill changes...)

Meanwhile you ask for server balance and sieges rework: dead silence. Sooo...yeah

The term I heard used was ‘just the splits numbered 8-900 changes’

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:a pretty incomprehensible number of changes. all my bad / off meta builds are both scared and hopeful.

@"ilMasa.2546" said:800 to 900 changes.Considering most of the latest changes were bs...i have no expectations at this point.They fix things breaking PvE (perma stealth trapper thief),they "balance" things for PvE (conditions,skill changes...)

Yikes, if all this work was mostly to just split the modes...then are the losers all the people that use their WvW build in PvE.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

Yikes, if all this work was mostly to just split the modes...then are the losers all the people that use their WvW build in PvE.

So... to me it’s the beginning of balancing WvW differently than PvE. It may allow PvE raiders to be happy with their huge numbers, but limit the meme builds in WvW and reduce the 1 shot capabilities.

And I believe beginnings as that will likely take a lot more time to pull off.

It also tells me there are other things being accomplished when I hear ‘just the splits are...’

But, reality is, until we see changes, it’s just speculation.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:So... to me it’s the beginning of balancing WvW differently than PvE. It may allow PvE raiders to be happy with their huge numbers, but limit the meme builds in WvW and reduce the 1 shot capabilities.

And I believe beginnings as that will likely take a lot more time to pull off.

It also tells me there are other things being accomplished when I hear ‘just the splits are...’

But, reality is, until we see changes, it’s just speculation.

I agree it's never favorable that an ability took a hit because it was outperforming elsewhere and not in the game mode. It's also further supported via build templates to some degree so I can see that as well.

To me they are walking on the wrong path.I mean GW2 was a Great Game because of its accessibilitiy and simplicity.

• Levelling: so easy and enjoiable with no "oldschool" quest hub,world events with partecipation...
  • Gearing: remember when the max quality was Exotic(u could use Karma to buy items and that gear was good across all modes),meaning everyone was on equal terms (stats speaking) and u didnt have to farm specific currency in a specific map or having Ascended crafting with all that time gating and rs farm?
  • Spvp: just get to the required level and have pvp
  • WvW: same thing.

Gw2 was Great for these reasons: just log in,get what u need in a reasonable ammount of time (faster than any mmorpg out there) and PLAY.Nowdays its totally different.

The maximum example was how to unlock new professions (coming with any new expansion):

• PvE: if you like PvE,u are playing PvE and so u unlock those while doing what you like,PvE
  • SPvP: You only enjoy log in and have structured pvp matches: there you go instant unlock
  • WvW: You mostly do WvW yea yuck fou go play PvE .... until they sort of fixed this and people karma train for a week to unlock things to get more currency,but its wvw specific while i have billions of Karma i could use it to unlock things,but no,here: MOAR currency to make it tedious.

I actually find this funny.In one hand you have WoW trying to semplify the game as much as possible for accessibility from what it was,in the other you have Gw2 complicating things from what is was,for no reasons.

i dont know: 2019 was the first year i uninstalled this game.I still hope,a little,they fix WvW but yea im so ready to go.

@ilMasa.2546 said:...The maximum example was how to unlock new professions (coming with any new expansion):...

• WvW: You mostly do WvW yea yuck fou go play PvE .... until they sort of fixed this and people karma train for a week to unlock things to get more currency,but its wvw specific while i have billions of Karma i could use it to unlock things,but no,here: MOAR currency to make it tedious.

You can most definetly unlock an entire profession in WvW using proof of heroics. Since there weren't that many new professions lately people have got this currency stacked in the thousands (1 poh = 1 hero point). And this unlock counts for PvE too.

Yes i understand @"AdaLollA.8463" . But the point is they added that feature after player requested a way for WvWersto unlock things.While in the other portion of the game the unlocks were structured in a way that made sense for that "mode",in WvW people had to ask because there was none.