[POLL] Your Thoughts on Downstate

TheGrimm.5624

@Ben K.6238 said:Personally, my main concern is downstate being used as a way to easily get HP back. For WvW specifically I'd like to see rallies gone, and the speed of reviving downed slowed (particularly for multiple revivers). Ideally, downstate should be something you only come back from if you stop taking damage.

Indeed rally from enemie in pvp needs to go.

On pve it can stay...

@Sobx.1758 said:Downstate is stupid and favors wrong side of the fight, so no downstate.

What this guy said. Too many times I've been in WvW with my group of friends. We make huge play again a blob that 2 or 3 times our numbers. Only for than to be save by the rally mechanic. The rally mechanic highly favors and support omni-blobs. You can down 10 of them off a great play. But they just mass kill one of you and all your work is erased.

It provides me with the same feeling when I'm in PvP and a shitter decides to afk at the start of the match. It makes me not want to play either game modes because shitters like that completely overturn all my hard work and plays. The game mode becomes pointless to play unless you have even numbers. But due to transfers is never that case.

So my vote is no downstate or rally. You should pay for your mistakes. Not be saved from them just because you have more numbers!

How about downstate as a trait?Every professions has atleast one trash trait noone gets,ever.Maybe its a dumb idea but i can see people have to choose it over something else,so its a trade.Plus imo it adds a sort of surprise element in encounters?! I dont know was just an idea i got.

But ofc must be a significant trade:if you pick the downstate u miss something of HUGE value?!I mean with downstate u have a good chance to avoid getting punished for a mistake or a missplay so could be a fair trade for a glasscannon guy while on a zerg build its a waste if u miss something that gives you/your party more benefits?!

Dunno maybe its just a dumb idea ahah , i voted no btw but i can still see it being "intresting" if implemented in a different way

EDIT:INB4 ANET puts out a TWISTED Version of this and people wants my head: NOT WvW TRAITS but PROFESSION TRAITS.

@Fearless.3569 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:

What this guy said. Too many times I've been in WvW with my group of friends. We make huge play again a blob that 2 or 3 times our numbers. Only for than to be save by the rally mechanic. The rally mechanic highly favors and support omni-blobs. You can down 10 of them off a great play.
But they just mass kill one of you and all your work is erased.

Maybe my understanding of the rally mechanic in WvW is wrong, but one death produces one rally. So, the 10 couldn’t rally off one of you.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rally

Maybe this isn’t working but the multi player rally from one death hasn’t been a thing for years.

With quick stomps, stealth stomps, stomp gizmos, stomping from far away and all that other stomp magic, downstates are often useless in small scale fights anyway nowadays.At the same time rallying is also a major problem at times, you just downed someone and just because some ally or even just a guard died the enemy gets up again while you were trying to finish them off. And doesn't it always go the way that the enemy revives everyone and anyone downed and always ten times faster than anyone on your side revives downed?

Even playing Ele, I feel like something needs to be changed, and no downed state or at least no rally would be interesting.Or maybe downed state that is equal for all classes health and defense wise?We do need a reduction in overall damage and in the ability to insta-/one-hit-kill someone before that happens.

No rally, but if you are successfully revived all conditions on you are cleansed. Second drop into downstate is a death.Oftentimes players that are revived from downstate are still in a position where they're immediately placed back into downstate, being loaded up with conditions whilst in downstate is a big contributing factor.

~ Kovu

The prior changes to rally, IMO, were good ones. Leveling in WvW was rough since uplevels were easy targets and rally-bots were a thing translating to people asking uplevels to leave the maps since one good rally many which made little sense. Asking people to leave also wan't healthy for the population. That said wasn't expecting so many for the no-rally options. To all that have participated so far, thank you. Will be interesting to see where this stand comes Monday.

Downstate is fine. It adds another layer of complexity to the game which is good. You should know how to approach a downed opponent. With the crazy dmg right now it is almost necessary. Fights are done in seconds and at least it provides some prolongation and option to come back after the initial burst.Balancing some of the downed and rez abilities would be in order though.

Roaming far more than I used to, I have to say I enjoy downstate a lot more than I would have imagined. Gettings downs in a fight is neat, then it becomes a game of whether they ress rush or not and if you have used your skills to stop them already. I love bringing my Battle Standard to finish them off in time, feels super satisfying.

And there is the problem. If you don't have a quick execute it can feel pretty bad. Getting stomps off is difficult, obviously there are means like casting stabs to not get interrupted, but it feels pretty bland. Using a skill instead of an interact feels much better and adds more gameplay imo, which is why I would love if more classes got access to (single) targeted finishers that have a cooldown so they can't be abused.

And yes, people do that on their Warclaws, running away to mount and come back for a stomp, but that's really boring too.

sorry, but "no downstate at all" even as option, are u freaking insane? that just promotes snipes and boosts classes that can dish out the most dmg in the shortest time - and make things easier for them as it is yet; we had full roamerfights only if that would come to work, absolute garbage idea. you cannot do that in a format with stealth and tons of oneshot options.we talk about wvw, not pvp, keep that in mind.

if anything, downstate is rarely really useful. you barely down when things run good, and if ur downed, the extremly common condispam kills u rather fast anyways. it makes no sense to cry about it, sounds a bit like scrubs wanting more cheap kills.

i'm okay with full dead beeing unreviveable, it would often be more efficient anyways if they were not lying around but respawning.

I'll be okay if downstate only occurs in controlled territory.

If yu die in enemy territory, skip downstate and instantly finish.

This will stop those large servers from harassing defenders and camping their spawn or gives a home-field advantage to defenders, especially when they are low on players.

@Yasai.3549 said:I'll be okay if downstate only occurs in controlled territory.

If yu die in enemy territory, skip downstate and instantly finish.

This will stop those large servers from harassing defenders and camping their spawn or gives a home-field advantage to defenders, especially when they are low on players.

I have to admit, this is one that I do not remember seeing posted before. That's an interesting spin.

With the crazy amount of damage that can happen in wvw, downstate and rally are needed, but they could be tweaked.

I want downstate to stay just so finishers are still a thing, even though mount stomps have basically killed that off, but I tend to get a little bit more joy finishing someone with a finisher than the stomp, even though most of my finishers tend to be stolen by drive by stomps these days... In any case I also think downstate should be generalized for all classes, same health and skills, but at the end of the day makes no difference since mount stomps instant kills dominates the way to finish anyways. They really should just auto pop your finisher on a stomp at this point.

Rally one to one I think is fine, the crazy ten can rally off one was not, and fortunately that hasn't been a thing for years now. I do think maybe res speed of downstate should be less multiplicative per person, and perhaps even put a condition of either weakness or cripple on the rallied person for a couple seconds, maybe even less health on them after they get back up.

@XenesisII.1540 said:With the crazy amount of damage that can happen in wvw, downstate and rally are needed, but they could be tweaked.

I want downstate to stay just so finishers are still a thing, even though mount stomps have basically killed that off, but I tend to get a little bit more joy finishing someone with a finisher than the stomp, even though most of my finishers tend to be stolen by drive by stomps these days... In any case I also think downstate should be generalized for all classes, same health and skills, but at the end of the day makes no difference since mount stomps instant kills dominates the way to finish anyways. They really should just auto pop your finisher on a stomp at this point.

Rally one to one I think is fine, the crazy ten can rally off one was not, and fortunately that hasn't been a thing for years now. I do think maybe res speed of downstate should be less multiplicative per person, and perhaps even put a condition of either weakness or cripple on the rallied person for a couple seconds, maybe even less health on them after they get back up.

Due to finishers alone I don't think they would completely drop downstate personally. And agree spiking adds in an extra element to the fight that does stand out in GW2 combat. That said I could see them changing downstate, downed, and defeated up some. Balance patch itself might address some of that.