why the core hate?

trunks.5249

i have noticed in chat before a match or after one only if that team lost people complain about people using core builds. i am not sure why. i have been playing this game since it came out. over the years i have seen every core build beat a newer one and vice versa. in my opinion and observation it all depends who is running the build being used. maybe its just kids running to the new shiny thing and think everything before it is useless . or is it people thinking its just free to play players new to the game?

Assuming you're in ranked I imagine people are going to want you to play what's most optimal and I don't think any core class is in the meta except for mesmer and maybe war. There's some weight to the argument though because no matter how good of a druid player you might be it's still not very good at the moment and your team will suffer for it.

@mortrialus.3062 said:There are tons of great core builds that are straight up excellent or at least viable. The only ones that are kind of bad are core engineer and core ele.

People snear at core because they assume Free To Play and therefore noob, and also they tunnel vision only what's on Metabattke under the meta section.

I thought the ones people complained about is core thief? thief has core and daredevil it runs in SPVP not sure about mesmers if they run core usually.

Thief is probably most complained about class and probably strongest core besides warr.

I haven't seen that much complains, and I play core ele. Had a game yesterday we even were 2 core ele in the team and two weavers in the other team. No one complained, even before match starts. We won like 500-50, but maybe it would have been different if things had turned the other way around.

@trunks.5249 said:i have noticed in chat before a match or after one only if that team lost people complain about people using core builds. i am not sure why. i have been playing this game since it came out. over the years i have seen every core build beat a newer one and vice versa. in my opinion and observation it all depends who is running the build being used. maybe its just kids running to the new shiny thing and think everything before it is useless . or is it people thinking its just free to play players new to the game?

As people said, plenty of core specs are viable, and I haven't seen anyone getting flamed for what they were playing really, aside from renegade and chronomancer maybe.