Suggestions for 2020

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:If you make a suggestion, Arenanet will make a big deal about making it GW2-unique. That's nice, but imho it's wasted effort. Remember Edge of the Mist and the new Wvw Desert Map? Both of those were over-elaborate, over-engineered messes. It's my opinion that Arenanet should focus on EMBRACING SIMPLICITY.I can't understand what the problem with a basic version of a flag-carrying gamemode is.

Right? You think it would make sense with how they wan to make the game as casual friendly as possible too. CTF is a much more simple and straight forward PvP mode than say Conquest.

Conquest really isn't that hard, it's just fighting over three capture points. Each map has a unique feature, true, but in half of them people just ignore it anyway.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:If you make a suggestion, Arenanet will make a big deal about making it GW2-unique. That's nice, but imho it's wasted effort. Remember Edge of the Mist and the new Wvw Desert Map? Both of those were over-elaborate, over-engineered messes. It's my opinion that Arenanet should focus on EMBRACING SIMPLICITY.I can't understand what the problem with a basic version of a flag-carrying gamemode is.

Right? You think it would make sense with how they wan to make the game as casual friendly as possible too. CTF is a much more simple and straight forward PvP mode than say Conquest.

Conquest really isn't that hard, it's just fighting over three capture points. Each map has a unique feature, true, but in half of them people just ignore it anyway.

Rotation is important in conquest and there are a lot more decisions and chances for failure than CTF. With that, you just try to take the flag and get it home , that's it.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

Rotation is important in conquest and there are a lot more decisions and chances for failure than CTF. With that, you just try to take the flag and get it home , that's it.

Ah, I see what you mean. And in any case I'd like to see both in game. And Stronghold brought back to life, I really enjoyed it

@Fenom.9457 said:

Ah, I see what you mean. And in any case I'd like to see both in game. And Stronghold brought back to life, I really enjoyed it

Honestly I would like for them to have something like Overwatch's arcade where they rotate random, non-competitive games modes every week.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

Honestly I would like for them to have something like Overwatch's arcade where they rotate random, non-competitive games modes every week.

That would be a great way to add new modes and keep them all fresh

@Fenom.9457 said:

Yes this is important. Having both types of game modes, point capture and CTF will make it a lot interesting

@Eagelseye.6312 said:

Yes this is important. Having both types of game modes, point capture and CTF will make it a lot interesting

All of these game-modes are well and good, but if it's possible to annihilate opponents without them having any say in the matter, they will play it once, then quit forever.

The unforgiving nature of GW2's PvP makes me avoid it - and I love WvW - work that one out!

We all have to wait and see what the Balance Team's whims are this time around, but insane burst has always been a feature that has plagued the game.

@Dramorion.5498 said:I'd like to see an 'open-world' PvP server where you're only allied with other players of your race.

Also, I'd love to torch the 'Grove' as a charr... but thats a long shot

This would make the game more interesting as navigation would be a challenge as well and people can opt to be in such servers out of choice and those who don't they can avoid it. Also if they can make PvP Elite Armor skins change appearance it would be fantastic

I love the two minute, to three minute bumps, just edit your original post, itd be way easier to read.

Add to that, a open world pvp server would be dead very shortly after its creation, and how are you going to do group events or world bosses in those servers, you cant.

@Dante.1763 said:

1- There is already an appropriate level of marketing for the game. Also, Anet needs to spend more money on development and updates, as opposed to overdoing paid advertising.

While i really dont agree with the OP, i have to say..what marketing? i see WOW and ESO adds everytime i go to the game store nearby, hell i see WOW and ESO adds around the internet far more than ive ever seen GW2 adds. They really only market to people already playing the game from what ive seen.

I see alot of everyone been summoned gw2 adverts on youtube.

I had a very poor experience with my first MMO many, many years ago. Poor enough that I swore off all MMO's for ever. The only reason I'm in GW2? My brother finally convinced me to give it a try just after HoT came out while I was over at his house Christmas Eve. So I signed up for a free to play account and played for a few days. And then bought the game. Do you have any idea how many times I've picked up the GW1 boxes out in stores and seriously considered buying them? Right up until the point I'd read MMO on the box. And yes, I know that GW1 and GW2 are quite a bit different from the rest of the market in MMO's. The point is, GW1 could ALMOST drag me in, despite despising MMO's, because I'd see it every time I'd be out and about, and I'd see it in magazines quite a bit too. Guildwars 2? If it wasn't for my brother, I'm not sure I would even be aware it existed. So, there probably is some room for more, and better, marketing for GW2. And part of that should be highlighting raids, fractals, PvP, and WvW separately, in addition to the PvE and story.

1. Instead of racials, I'd rather have class specific things. I've never liked racials in games at cap...upon creation maybe or for story elements, but at cap...I don't want to be excluded because I chose a different race. Why even have that as an option... purposefully hindered? Class specific things seems more reasonable to me. Certain classes can unlock doors, find hidden pathways, random alternate routes, discover hidden chest or bosses. Could make the effect totally random each time in a instance. Things of that nature. Example, a fractal...upon entering a random class is chosen not known to the party...someone in that group could have access to hidden or locked places..or none of them since you can't have every class. Just the tip of this sort of thing not a full fledged idea, could have all sorts of addition non-combat class related mechanics that interact with the world.
  2. Class quest is something I've wanted, but i digress.
  3. When it comes to armor, why have we not received more Cultural Armor?

I would be ok with would be class themes though if they could implement another sort of elite spec system in addition to what they have now. By themes I mean that the spec is called something different per race and is more or less just for story...a counterpart system like SWTOR. Example, Jedi Knight=Sith Warrior and further specced out to be a Jedi Guardian/Sith Juggernaut or Jedi Sentinel/Sith Marauder.