Soulbeast perma boon dps roaming

bigo.9037

@"bigo.9037" said:This is my 2nd video after transferring to NA. Hope you'll enjoy it :).I personally think this is one of the best roaming videos I've made.

I've got another tutorial / build video in the works btw if any of you are curious.

disgusting ammout of boons.20s+ of quickness,fury, 25migh, swiftness,vigor,prot 25stacks of stab,regeneration.do you run any boon duration gear/food?

I've watched your videos before and I think you are a good player, but "perma boon" makes me immediately lose interest. The spec is a complete bore to fight because it is far too forgiving and has too few windows of punishment for most builds out there. Not honestly the best example of displaying skillful play. This isn't an offense to you or your skill level, just to the build you are playing. It's like watching a Trailblazer condi Mirage roaming video; the build simply carries too hard for it to be enjoyable.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"bigo.9037" said:This is my 2nd video after transferring to NA. Hope you'll enjoy it :).I personally think this is one of the best roaming videos I've made.

I've got another tutorial / build video in the works btw if any of you are curious.

disgusting ammout of boons.20s+ of quickness,fury, 25migh, swiftness,vigor,prot 25stacks of stab,regeneration.do you run any boon duration gear/food?

He's running a full boon build without Wilderness Survival. a.k.a. very little condi clear outside of cleansing sigils

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Gear, not food.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

He's running a full boon build without Wilderness Survival. a.k.a. very little condi clear outside of cleansing sigils

thought so, stupid shit can be done with extra stats from wvw and unnerfed sigils

@"Mogwai.4015" said:I've watched your videos before and I think you are a good player, but "perma boon" makes me immediately lose interest. The spec is a complete bore to fight because it is far too forgiving and has too few windows of punishment for most builds out there. Not honestly the best example of displaying skillful play. This isn't an offense to you or your skill level, just to the build you are playing. It's like watching a Trailblazer condi Mirage roaming video; the build simply carries too hard for it to be enjoyable.

There are ways to punish it. At least all most of the sustain in the build relies on rotation. No sos, sos trait, etc.Yea, ik build is op to an extent. But i could be way more boring and play NM - WS.I've chosen quickness, dmg over pure sustain. It's a significant tradeoff as fighting any competent condi builds is not really doable at all unless you get blessed by rng gods and get plasma every single time.

Unless I'm dueling I don't really wanna play purposely weaker builds to display skills, tbh. There a lot of really "broken" builds out there when you roam. And I also don't want to let down my guild party when we roam by running a weaker build.

I'd also like to add that I put a decent amount of effort into minmaxing this build with all the synergy and maximizing stats. In wvw, build matters. I make all my own builds. No one is stopping you from running strong builds in wvw. And my build does have counter play / counter builds. I have very very limited mobility compared to other specs. I have 0 trait/utility condi cleanse.

DE for example has very little counter play as they have permanent stealth and that means you can't target them> can't hit them = no counter play.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Nicely spotted ?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

thought so, stupid kitten can be done with extra stats from wvw and unnerfed sigils

Yeah like trailblazer mirages in WvW that are basically immune to both power and condi damage.

At least he's not playing with 20k hp and 3k armor like I've already seen; but yes Boonbeasts in WvW can be completely out of hand.Perma stab (and not just one stack) or close to, too much sustain, stealth, block, evades, endurance, protection (healing), cc .... too much dps, too much of everything.It needs more practice and fingers than Trailblazer Mirages or Kiting Spb but definitely stronger.I'm always depressed when I see a good one; I don't know if I should greet the player or complain about this broken build.

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:At least he's not playing with 20k hp and 3k armor like I've already seen; but yes Boonbeasts in WvW can be completely out of hand.Perma stab (and not just one stack) or close to, too much sustain, stealth, block, evades, endurance, protection (healing), cc .... too much dps, too much of everything.It needs more practice and fingers than Trailblazer Mirages or Kiting Spb but definitely stronger.I'm always depressed when I see a good one; I don't know if I should greet the player or complain about this broken build.

Probably both ?.

@Yasai.3549 said:The only counter to dueling boonbeasts is getting run over by a truck irl.

Condi mesmers should win the 1v1 long game. Either, you play NM - WS and your condi cleanses can keep up with mesmer, but you don't have the dmg to kill the mesmer. Ws - BM doesn't have enough boon and condi cleanse uptime if condi mes plays patiently. And NM + BM has 0 condi cleanse :)

Yes that includes cleansing sigil.

• 3 weeks later...

@bigo.9037 said:

@Yasai.3549 said:The only counter to dueling boonbeasts is getting run over by a truck irl.

Condi mesmers should win the 1v1 long game. Either, you play NM - WS and your condi cleanses can keep up with mesmer, but you don't have the dmg to kill the mesmer. Ws - BM doesn't have enough boon and condi cleanse uptime if condi mes plays patiently. And NM + BM has 0 condi cleanse :)

Yes that includes cleansing sigil.NM\WS have the potential to do a good burst, enough to make the mesmer to rethink the estrategy.

Boonbeast i very vulnerable to corrupts also.

@anduriell.6280 said:

Yes that includes cleansing sigil.NM\WS have the potential to do a good burst, enough to make the mesmer to rethink the estrategy.

Yea I realize I'm wrong about the ws nm variant not having dmg enough to kill mesmer.

@anduriell.6280 said:

Depends:In spvp, kinda true as boons aren't as overabundant as in wvw.In wvw, it only works if ranger is merged in beastmode. If you corrupt ranger while NOT merged, you can just press F5 and get all your boons back. Making it very hard to consistently corrupt, especially if only 1 person is doing it, considering beastmode cooldown is only 10s..