having a hard time deciding a main.

Heya folks ! Hope you're having a wonderful day so far, because i'm struggle a bit right now. I have been playing guild wars 2 since a little bit after the release, i have left and came back many times and now i'm more dedicated than ever ! However, right now i'm struggling to find a main, my two choices are either mesmer or elementalist. Both are very fun to me but i have no idea wich perform better in all game modes (WvW, PvP, Raid, fractals etc). So far i love mesmer but i feel like elementalist might be a little bit more fun just for the fact that it's more challenging to play wich i love. I've heard many bad things about ele and just great things about mesmer, what are you guys throughts?

thanks folks <3

I'll always recommend Mesmer over Ele, as I'm maining condi Mirage and I'm having a blast in every way, never had so much fun with a profession before :)But anyway, it really comes down to personal preference.I don't like how squishy ele is and no amount of 'difficulty' or 'strong dps' will force me to play it, I hate how easily you get downed xD

@Blur.3465 said:I'll always recommend Mesmer over Ele, as I'm maining condi Mirage and I'm having a blast in every way, never had so much fun with a profession before :)But anyway, it really comes down to personal preference.I don't like how squishy ele is and no amount of 'difficulty' or 'strong dps' will force me to play it, I hate how easily you get downed xD

Thanks for the reply ! and yeah ele is abit squishy but i've seen ele that can 1v3 really good people and survive for a long time while doing great DPS, i guess it really depends on the player, ele is squishy in the wrong hands.

I guess it would depend on what style: ranged, melee, support, dps, hybrid?

I’ve liked ele and necro for a long time, but switched up to sword on ele for many things. It has survivability, and some level of damage (though I wouldn’t call it a true DPS) but you have to be willing to play it in someone’s face. Not everyone likes that style.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:I guess it would depend on what style: ranged, melee, support, dps, hybrid?

I’ve liked ele and necro for a long time, but switched up to sword on ele for many things. It has survivability, and some level of damage (though I wouldn’t call it a true DPS) but you have to be willing to play it in someone’s face. Not everyone likes that style.

I agree to that 100%, ele with sword/dagger is just so much fun, but mesmer playstyle and skills animation are really something that caught my attention aswell, right now i might go ele !

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Mesmer is rarely Bad in terms of balance. But what exactly is the factors you are using to make your decision?Well the factors are; playstyle, how good the class perform in general(raids, fractals, dungeons, WvW, pvp etc) and how hard to class is to master, i can't really play a class that has a really simple and easy playstyle, i get bored very easly.

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:Bunker ele is one of the tankiest builds in game. It's also the most fun in my opinion. I highly recommend playing one. I can tell you my build for it if you want.

i'm down for that ! However, as of now im playing fire weaver and menders sword, both are very fun and since i have the legendary incinerator, using a dagger is just a big plus for me cause i'm a skin whore

@Eviltigers.4796 said:

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:Bunker ele is one of the tankiest builds in game. It's also the most fun in my opinion. I highly recommend playing one. I can tell you my build for it if you want.

i'm down for that ! However, as of now im playing fire weaver and menders sword, both are very fun and since i have the legendary incinerator, using a dagger is just a big plus for me cause i'm a skin kitten

Good thing that sw/d is the main weapon set for one of the builds then, huh? Water: t/t/t; Arcane: b/m/t; Weaver: b/b/m. Signet of Restoration, Armor of Earth, Mist Form, Stone Resonance, and Weave Self. Use either Minstrel's or Celestial stats and defensive runes and sigils. Have fun! If you want my core ele and/or tempest bunker builds, let me know.

@"Eviltigers.4796" said:Heya folks ! Hope you're having a wonderful day so far, because i'm struggle a bit right now. I have been playing guild wars 2 since a little bit after the release, i have left and came back many times and now i'm more dedicated than ever ! However, right now i'm struggling to find a main, my two choices are either mesmer or elementalist. Both are very fun to me but i have no idea wich perform better in all game modes (WvW, PvP, Raid, fractals etc). So far i love mesmer but i feel like elementalist might be a little bit more fun just for the fact that it's more challenging to play wich i love. I've heard many bad things about ele and just great things about mesmer, what are you guys throughts?

thanks folks <3

Research both classes on metabattle. They both have uses in every mode in the end game. Reading that an ele is "squishy" tells me there is self education to be done :)

If you have the time and patience to learn multiple classes why not play both, for the most part, they both are almost always in the meta somewhere and fit in just about any group whether you play condition or power. Both can easily be build to solo just about any of the open-world content has to offer.