Getting my Skyscale...help?

I'm late to the party and finding it nearly impossible to accomplish. I'm at the part where I'm going everywhere and doing stuff and most of it is mundane but there are some that appear to require a bloody raid of people and I'm not able to solo them. I assume that, when it was released, there were waves of people doing it so it was easy to just jump in, but now there's no one, I'm alone in the zone/region. Are there folks/guilds that still do these or have I just missed this train? Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

If it's the Djinn or the Champion Branded Ley Anomaly in Vabbi you need help with then I agree with @Ayrilana.1396. You can use the Wiki to see when the two meta events are going to start, then look for a map where lots of playes are gathering for the meta and ask for people to help you with what you need after the meta is over. (Make sure you wait until it is over, I've seen a few people try to get a group together during Serpent's Ire, get increasingly angry that no one will come and quit by the time the meta finishes and we come to help, even though we said repeatedly that's what we'd do.)

Also don't forget you can use the LFG tool to find people to help you, with anything in the game. I recommend putting it in the category for the map you're on rather than something like achievement hunters as I think those are less commonly checked. It might also help to specify that it's for the skyscale collection as there's likely to be other people working on it who will come and join in.

Finally if it is the djinn event you need bear in mind there's some requirements to starting it, which is part of the reason it's not done very often. First players need to kill 8 veteran djinn around the hanging gardens to get the 4 elder djinn to spawn. Then you need at least one person who has completed all 8 djinn mastery points in Vabbi - they need to speak to the elder djinn to start the event.

So it's a good idea to either start by completing those mastery points yourself so you'll be able to start it, or making sure when you get a group together that at least one person can start it. Also make sure you tell people when they come to help that you all need to kill the 8 veteran djinn first - more than once I've seen a group fall apart because everyone is just waiting for the event to start and after a while they give up and leave, not knowing they have to activate it.

I've hit all the points, I started the vent by myself, not realizing how terrible it was, tried to solo it and it was a hot mess. I tried the LFG tool, that's what I was doing for the hours I was there, sitting in LFG. I didn't know there was a web site that showed when this was starting, I'll look for that. Thanks for the advice, I'll try it again.

@macallen.6453 said:I've hit all the points, I started the vent by myself, not realizing how terrible it was, tried to solo it and it was a hot mess. I tried the LFG tool, that's what I was doing for the hours I was there, sitting in LFG. I didn't know there was a web site that showed when this was starting, I'll look for that. Thanks for the advice, I'll try it again.

Said website is the Wiki (link above). Timers for lots of events.

Good luck.

@macallen.6453 said:I'm at the part where I'm going everywhere and doing stuff

That sentence describes nearly every collection (for the skyscale) in the game. :-)

@Danikat.8537 said:If it's the Djinn or the Champion Branded Ley Anomaly in Vabbi you need help with then I agree with @"Ayrilana.1396".

If it is the "Skyscale Lost" collection for which you need the "Champion Branded Ley-Line Anomaly" in Vabbi, you can use a "Extra-Pungent Skyscale Treat" to finish it without a fight. see: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Extra-Pungent_Skyscale_TreatThe Skyscale treat you can also use for other items of the collection that you are not able to complete yourself.

If it is "The Nature of Fire" for the "Skyscale of Fire" collection, for which the Grand Elders Djinns have to be defeated, than your best chance is waiting for other players. And look in the LFG tool and (in Vabbi) in mapchat, to kill the Djinns. And also park a character in the hanging Gardens. Because if the Djinns were defeated recently, you can talk to Grandmaster Elder Djinn Emine for the item without a fight. These Djinns are still killed regularly, but maybe it takes more effort and a little bit longer now (I finished it with a secondary account a few days ago, so getting the skyscale is still possible, without the massive player rush of the first days).

@macallen.6453 said:I'm late to the party and finding it nearly impossible to accomplish. I'm at the part where I'm going everywhere and doing stuff and most of it is mundane but there are some that appear to require a bloody raid of people and I'm not able to solo them. I assume that, when it was released, there were waves of people doing it so it was easy to just jump in, but now there's no one, I'm alone in the zone/region. Are there folks/guilds that still do these or have I just missed this train? Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

type /wiki event timers and show up in the zones when what you need is live. browse the lfg channels. i just went thru this you have to know your lfg resources and event times