My PVE Holosmith build

Cheshire Rabbid.7430

I don't have much to say other than I just want some people's thoughts on what I'm going for, mostly in the Holosmith trits. I want to put it out there that I'm mostly doing PVE stuff and I like to do most stuff on my own so keep that in mind when looking at my build http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeABoqxrlVw0YcsOGKOaL5vbA-zRJYmRffZkTVUaqo8A-e

Full Viper (+ traits) sets your burn-duration to 85.2 %. The Superior Rune of Baelfire adds + 50 % (40 % to burning, 10 % to conditions) in general. PLUS another 10-11 % condition-duration via the 7% of power turned into expertise bonus.

Adding everything up: 85.2 + 50 + 10 = 145.2 %

That is an incredibly high value, congratulations on that. There is however one massive problem: Condition duration is capped at 100 %.

A rather easy and cheap option would be to change the runes. 5x Trapper + 1x Necromancer (or any other rune that gives condition damage). You almost exactly reach the cap for both bleeding & burning and get to a 67.2 % for the remaining conditions.

Another minor issue comes with using the same offhand weapon on both weapon-sets. Just equip the pistol (mainhand) + (pistol offhand) in one weapon-set. And then just the Sword in the mainhand-slot of the 2nd set. If the offhand slot is empty, it will automatically use the offhand weapon from the other set. = You save one weapon.

Rest of the build looks OK for a condition build in Open World.

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870"Thank you for the advice and I have altered it a bit. however, instead of going with 5x Trapper and 1xnecromancer I keep the 6 bealfire but got rid of some of my viper gear in extends it for Carrions for I think I need some health. I also switch the might thing with something that adds some more condition durations and allows me to ad more Carrions. Also how good would you say Sanguine Array and Modified Ammunition? http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeABoqxrlVw0YcsOGKOaLpvbA-zRRYLBxbG9dDlROVRIpiyDA-e

That is a good solution as well. Sanguine Array is not very powerful in comparison to other traits. I used it in a couple of builds. The major problem I see is the short duration of only 4s, what makes stacking up might with this trait rather difficult.

I just tested with my Holosmith build, which also runs on conditions. You can get up to 10-12 stacks easily and 19-20 if you hang on. Quick math, one stack of might grants 30 power and 30 condition damage. Chemical Rounds grants 120 condition damage. So as long as you maintain more than 4 might stacks, Sanguine Array will be the better choice - in theory. It is not that easy to be honest.

How often do you use your pistols?Especially on the Blowtorch it is +- 4 seconds burning. That is really much. To compensate that damage-loss, you need 25 stacks of might and a little more. You have three kits + Photon Forge and your pistols. If the pistols are part of your main skill-rotations, I would recommend you to keep chemical rounds.

Modified AmmunitionThe damage-multiplier increases outgoing power-damage. Most of the so-called condition builds are by definition hybrid-builds, because they use power as one of their main-stats (as Viper). Photon Forge deals a lot of power damage, same goes for bomb- and grenade-kit. The pistols and the Flame Thrower are basically condition-only - they deal direct-damage as well, but that can be neglected.

Let us have a look, how many conditions can you stack up on a single target and maintain: bleeding, burning, vulnerability, poison and probably confusion. 5 x 2 = 10 % damage increase. Depends on your skill rotations. Holosmith in general is rather power-damage oriented, so the 10 % damage increase would be definitely noticable.

The problem with Modified Ammunition and pretty much condition-damage builds in general is, you need time. Time to stack up conditions on the enemy. In your case, I guess it is worth to change. At least before boss-fights.