Weaver and Firebrand are problems

lightstalker.1498

Chop sustain or damage for weaver. Chop self support, control, or damage for firebrand. Weaver has endless evades and does tons of quickly applied damage, sounds like a condi thief. Firebrand can carry themselves through outnumbered situations, and even if specs for sides, dueling they can still provide better support than the other options. I see 3-4 weavers in most of my games. No one is not playing guardian, but firebrands are the most prevalent. A game without and ele or a guard x 2 across teams does not exist in today's pvp. Pistol whip thief is super prevalent in thief, but these are just as frequently in games and come with the same damage output and sustain. Weavers are quite mobile too.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or better yet:Chop down Condition damage in general.It should not be able to burst.

That aside, your comment is untrue.I see plenty of games without an Elementalist (of any kind) on either side.Even not counting myself (as I play Core guardian) I see more Core and Dragon Hunters than I see Firebrands.And when I see Firebrands that aren't fully built for sustain, they quickly lose in 1vs2.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Theres always a problem. Wasn't it just holo and scourge. Next batch of nerfs the players will find the current op class. The problem is more a lot of players see that op class and swap to it everytime then it's all you see we cry for nerf it gets nerfed new problem rises everyone rolls that endless loop.

They need to stop handing out buffs when the hammer. No compensation is necessary.

@"Fueki.4753" said:Or better yet:Chop down Condition damage in general.It should not be able to burst.

That hasn't been true since HoT really.Considering the games overall lifetime, condition damage has shifted to a more burst oriented playstyle a long time ago.So the argument that Condi dmg should be this slowly ramping, incremental damage over time style is long outdated.And tbh ....who really cares what the kind of "type" the damage is.If you get hit for 10k powerdamage within 3 seconds or 10k condition damage over the same timespan....does it really matter?Sure, there is a dedicated stat that lowers powerdamage....but condition damage can be removed retrospectively after being hit by it. Its all the same really.

But don't get me wrong, I'm all for reducing damage IN GENERAL.

@Zenix.6198 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:Or better yet:Chop down Condition damage in general.It should not be able to burst.

That hasn't been true since HoT really.Considering the games overall lifetime, condition damage has shifted to a more burst oriented playstyle a long time ago.So the argument that Condi dmg should be this slowly ramping, incremental damage over time style is long outdated.And tbh ....who really cares what the kind of "type" the damage is.If you get hit for 10k powerdamage within 3 seconds or 10k condition damage over the same timespan....does it really matter?Sure, there is a dedicated stat that lowers powerdamage....but condition damage can be removed retrospectively after being hit by it. Its all the same really.

If all types of damage burst, why not make all damage be power?If the game has two types of damage, they should effectively be different.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:Or better yet:Chop down Condition damage in general.It should not be able to burst.

If all types of damage burst, why not make all damage be power?If the game has two types of damage, they should effectively be different.

becouse clown build like prot holo exist that get hit for 400 with crits.and knowing how to cleanse is also aditional skill that people lack.also build diversity, shit warrior gets steamrolled by condi mes, good warrior switches build and perma stalls 1v1.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:Or better yet:Chop down Condition damage in general.It should not be able to burst.

Taking more hits means taking more damage. Taking more hits in a very short window results in more damage faster. This is true whether we're talking power damage or condition damage. You get rid of that simple principal and then you're left with a system where for condition damage landing additional hits no longer matters and has no value, in a way that makes it either complete garbage or extremely op. Simple as that.

Do you really think a system where condition damage gets punished for playing better and landing more attack is going to be better than what we have?

I'm game for condi damage changes if anet reels in its weird views about how spvp amulets should be stat'd. Make condis even more damage-over-time (no, condi does not burst like power does, by 'burst' you mean getting loaded down with condis and having no cleanses so you die in a couple seconds) but in exchange give 'em the tools they need to survive longer so the condis can actually tick.

It's kind of odd that condi is supposed to be the attrition damage type but pretty much every single condi amulet is some combination of power damage stats, vitality (or toughness, but never both), and condi damage.

Imagine if half the stat allocation on every single power amulet was condition damage that barely did anything at all for your build.

@lightstalker.1498 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Theres always a problem. Wasn't it just holo and scourge. Next batch of nerfs the players will find the current op class. The problem is more a lot of players see that op class and swap to it everytime then it's all you see we cry for nerf it gets nerfed new problem rises everyone rolls that endless loop.

They need to stop handing out buffs when the hammer. No compensation is necessary.

That really depends, and i don't think its necessarily true always.

When you nerf chronomancer for instance there could be unintended side effects and need to buff them elsewhere to be effective.

The nerfs to chronomancer are massive hitting multiple stuff across from core to chronomancer itself. Things like how you deal damage is affected, which is why Anet rushed to fix stuff. When chronomancer got hit, I don't remember if anything got changed after that, because the effects of creating phantoms was decreased, which is definitely noticeable in PvE, changes in pvp is a whole different story as it functions differently, so that is why i disagree. You could end up with a spec where its survivability is gutted and it gets overdone sometimes compensation makes sense.

It makes sense for no compensation when a class severely over-performs and the nerfs are needed

@Curennos.9307 said:I'm game for condi damage changes if anet reels in its weird views about how spvp amulets should be stat'd. Make condis even more damage-over-time (no, condi does not burst like power does, by 'burst' you mean getting loaded down with condis and having no cleanses so you die in a couple seconds) but in exchange give 'em the tools they need to survive longer so the condis can actually tick.

It's kind of odd that condi is supposed to be the attrition damage type but pretty much every single condi amulet is some combination of power damage stats, vitality (or toughness, but never both), and condi damage.

Imagine if half the stat allocation on every single power amulet was condition damage that barely did anything at all for your build.

1k condi, 1k expertise, 500 toughtness 500 vitality/healing would be really nice.I can see condi mirage still going for crit due to sharper immages, but it could make a big deal for other offmeta condi builds out there that never get picked.

@lightstalker.1498 said:Chop sustain or damage for weaver. Chop self support, control, or damage for firebrand. Weaver has endless evades and does tons of quickly applied damage, sounds like a condi thief. Firebrand can carry themselves through outnumbered situations, and even if specs for sides, dueling they can still provide better support than the other options. I see 3-4 weavers in most of my games. No one is not playing guardian, but firebrands are the most prevalent. A game without and ele or a guard x 2 across teams does not exist in today's pvp. Pistol whip thief is super prevalent in thief, but these are just as frequently in games and come with the same damage output and sustain. Weavers are quite mobile too.

@lightstalker.1498 said:Deep down. It is not really even deep down. Everyone is on here trying to get nerfs for their counters and buffs for their beloved. Classes are generally balance, but there are root issues that everyone lets fade out into obscurity because that is part of their strength. Unfortunately it is also part of their enemy's strength. So, hit the enemy in general and their skills and traits versus what really needs to happen. Notice how boon spam, boon application, and boon sharing dont hang around on the first page for long. Neither do class roles and identity justifications. This forum has always been, but got even worse now, a place for rock paper scissor nerf wars. You must realise that it is a circle, and if your cries succeed, you will get the same treatment shortly. Your excuses as to why a class shouldn't be able to do this, and the logic and reasoning you use to fortify that argument, can be flipped and used on you just as easily. For example if you are very mobile, you should not be a duelist. On the flip, if you are support, you should not be a duelist. If you tank, you should not be a duelist. Doesn't make sense unless it doesn't apply to you, but applies to your enemy. The REAL problems are simply extreme boons powercreeping, and a lack of a real hard line defining class identity. People are stuck in this limbo of trying to be who they want and the original vision. Classes should not be able to excel at everything if every class can not excel at everything. Define who is meant for what in conquest, make it so, and ignore the cries elsewise. People will join their hard counters and playing against that and failing can only be blamed on one at that point. But since we are here can you nerf them and buff me?

Ha the irony....

I've said it before and I'll say it again; It isn't any one or two particular classes that are problems. Every class is a problem in some way, shape or form.

If you're worried that Weaver or Firebrand or whatever else is going to be "left out" of the big incoming balance patch I am pretty doubtful that will be the case. These threads specifically targeting specific classes are far too abundant right now and I've said it before but it legitimately just looks like people trying to get a word in for the devs to see and trying and "convince" them to take sharper aim at and a much heavier handed hammer to these classes for not much more reason other than previous bad experiences with them.

I'm not saying Firebrand or Weaver, or anything else for that matter, don't have problems, or even that they don't have bigger problems than some other builds but for real people gotta dial it back. If you're going to target one or two classes and their issues then at the very least give everything else the same treatment and target their issues as well.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@lightstalker.1498 said:Chop sustain or damage for weaver. Chop self support, control, or damage for firebrand. Weaver has endless evades and does tons of quickly applied damage, sounds like a condi thief. Firebrand can carry themselves through outnumbered situations, and even if specs for sides, dueling they can still provide better support than the other options. I see 3-4 weavers in most of my games. No one is not playing guardian, but firebrands are the most prevalent. A game without and ele or a guard x 2 across teams does not exist in today's pvp. Pistol whip thief is super prevalent in thief, but these are just as frequently in games and come with the same damage output and sustain. Weavers are quite mobile too.

@lightstalker.1498 said:Deep down. It is not really even deep down. Everyone is on here trying to get nerfs for their counters and buffs for their beloved. Classes are generally balance, but there are root issues that everyone lets fade out into obscurity because that is part of their strength. Unfortunately it is also part of their enemy's strength. So, hit the enemy in general and their skills and traits versus what really needs to happen. Notice how boon spam, boon application, and boon sharing dont hang around on the first page for long. Neither do class roles and identity justifications. This forum has always been, but got even worse now, a place for rock paper scissor nerf wars. You must realise that it is a circle, and if your cries succeed, you will get the same treatment shortly. Your excuses as to why a class shouldn't be able to do this, and the logic and reasoning you use to fortify that argument, can be flipped and used on you just as easily. For example if you are very mobile, you should not be a duelist. On the flip, if you are support, you should not be a duelist. If you tank, you should not be a duelist. Doesn't make sense unless it doesn't apply to you, but applies to your enemy. The REAL problems are simply extreme boons powercreeping, and a lack of a real hard line defining class identity. People are stuck in this limbo of trying to be who they want and the original vision. Classes should not be able to excel at everything if every class can not excel at everything. Define who is meant for what in conquest, make it so, and ignore the cries elsewise. People will join their hard counters and playing against that and failing can only be blamed on one at that point. But since we are here can you nerf them and buff me?

Ha the irony....

Everyone includes me, otherwise I would say everyone else. Irony would be if I was saying I don't do that, and here I am. Jeez.... I feel like the only thing people read nowadays is video game scrolling text.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Curennos.9307 said:I'm game for condi damage changes if anet reels in its weird views about how spvp amulets should be stat'd. Make condis even more damage-over-time (no, condi does not burst like power does, by 'burst' you mean getting loaded down with condis and having no cleanses so you die in a couple seconds) but in exchange give 'em the tools they need to survive longer so the condis can actually tick.

1k condi, 1k expertise, 500 toughtness 500 vitality/healing would be really nice.I can see condi mirage still going for crit due to sharper immages, but it could make a big deal for other offmeta condi builds out there that never get picked.

I am hoping for something that attaches a 'weight' to stats, and then lets the player just make an amulet w/whatever they want up to a certain weight.

Also yeah, that was def my thinking. It might shake up the meta a bit, but it would really go a long way towards helping non-meta builds - specifically, those condi builds that don't have quite the durability of the meta ones but are forced to take offensive stats anyway.

@lightstalker.1498 said:

Ha the irony....

Everyone includes me, otherwise I would say everyone else. Irony would be if I was saying I don't do that, and here I am. Jeez.... I feel like the only thing people read nowadays is video game scrolling text.

Deep Down you know that the rest of the ele kit cannot compete with the rest of the game in terms of dmg and sustain, core ele get outshined by basically everything..even core engi and if not a core ele would struggle to defeat a core engi at equal level. All the nerf cries are towards weaver, which anet has powercrept to keep ele relevant in the game...and ele being relevant is not something this community wants as you really well put it.

But do not fret, anet will surely nerf weaver and with it ..the rest of your powercrepts specs, for years all of you have enjoyed powercrept builds confusing the change with an increase in your own skill level.

I guess that anet has decided to nerf all of you down to core ele level rather than buff ele to your powercrept level, ofc once everything get nerfed considerably there would be no reason to keep weaver as it is now.

So...what the damn point of your thread? Once your powercrept class get nerfed in a month...there won't be need to keep weaver as it now and it will be nerfed accordingly...are you maybe asking to keep your powercrept spec and nerf weaver?....lol sorry buddy

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Ha the irony....

Deep Down
you know that the rest of the ele kit cannot compete with the rest of the game in terms of dmg and sustain, core ele get outshined by basically everything..even core engi and if not a core ele would struggle to defeat a core engi at equal level. All the nerf cries are towards weaver, which anet has powercrept to keep ele relevant in the game...and ele being relevant is not something this community wants as you really well put it.

But do not fret, anet will surely nerf weaver and with it ..
the rest of your powercrepts specs
, for years all of you have enjoyed powercrept builds confusing the change with an increase in your own skill level.

I guess that anet has decided to nerf all of you down to core ele level rather than buff ele to your powercrept level, ofc once everything get nerfed considerably there would be no reason to keep weaver as it is now.

So...
what the kitten point of your thread?
Once your powercrept class get nerfed in a month...there won't be need to keep weaver as it now and it will be nerfed accordingly...are you maybe asking to keep your powercrept spec and nerf weaver?....lol sorry buddy

What is my spec? The point of the thread is these two classes are not to be overlooked or fly under the radar. NERF EVERYONE.

@Zenix.6198 said:

That hasn't been true since HoT really.Considering the games overall lifetime, condition damage has shifted to a more burst oriented playstyle a long time ago.So the argument that Condi dmg should be this slowly ramping, incremental damage over time style is long outdated.You must have missed the huge balance patch a year ago or so, where pretty much every condi skill in the game was changed to apply less stacks but for a longer duration to achieve exactly that "slowly ramping" effect.

So if a condi build can burst, then this is not intended (anet made clear how they want the condi playstyle to look like) and deserves a change or even nerf.

What exactly is 'condi burst' anyway. How long do people expect it to take for condis to stack up? How long do they expect to live afterward? At what point do they exect to lose to a condi build?

I keep seeing people throw 'condi burst' around and for whatever reason it seems to always pan out to be just 'this condition build has a skill that hits for more damage than their auto attack and they hit me with it'.

@Curennos.9307 said:What exactly is 'condi burst' anyway. How long do people expect it to take for condis to stack up? How long do they expect to live afterward? At what point do they exect to lose to a condi build?

I keep seeing people throw 'condi burst' around and for whatever reason it seems to always pan out to be just 'this condition build has a skill that hits for more damage than their auto attack and they hit me with it'.Take the autoattack of the necro dagger and you have dealt more damage than the whole weapon is capable of.

Such comparisons lead to nothing. The condi damage mechanic is different than the power damage mechanic and so needs different damage tweakings. All in all direct damage has to be applied a lot faster than condi damage to be competitive. They only exception would be a condi player playing a glass build with only two dodges. But that would be pretty stupid outside of pve.

@"Curennos.9307" said:What exactly is 'condi burst' anyway. How long do people expect it to take for condis to stack up? How long do they expect to live afterward? At what point do they exect to lose to a condi build?

I keep seeing people throw 'condi burst' around and for whatever reason it seems to always pan out to be just 'this condition build has a skill that hits for more damage than their auto attack and they hit me with it'.

Much like how a Power based burst build is designed to dish out the most amount of damage in the shortest amount of hits, ensuring the maximum amount of damage, a Condition based burst build is designed to apply the maximum amount of stacks of one or more conditions (short or long duration) in the shortest amount of time. Allowing them to deal a large amount of damage in a very short time frame. This lets them essentially passively burst a target down after the initial application. These builds also usually take advantage of how the condition cleansing system works, and tend to apply some sort of "cover" conditions to prevent the actual damage conditions from being cleansed. While it's not as immediate as a Power burst build, if you can't cleanse the large stack of damaging conditions (They usually focus on one or two, such as Burning, or Bleeding/Poison) you, depending on your health pool, basically get to sit there and watch yourself die within roughly 3-5 seconds? Give or take.

@lightstalker.1498 said:

Ha the irony....

Deep Down
you know that the rest of the ele kit cannot compete with the rest of the game in terms of dmg and sustain, core ele get outshined by basically everything..even core engi and if not a core ele would struggle to defeat a core engi at equal level. All the nerf cries are towards weaver, which anet has powercrept to keep ele relevant in the game...and ele being relevant is not something this community wants as you really well put it.

But do not fret, anet will surely nerf weaver and with it ..
the rest of your powercrepts specs
, for years all of you have enjoyed powercrept builds confusing the change with an increase in your own skill level.

So...
what the kitten point of your thread?
Once your powercrept class get nerfed in a month...there won't be need to keep weaver as it now and it will be nerfed accordingly...are you maybe asking to keep your powercrept spec and nerf weaver?....lol sorry buddy

What is my spec? The point of the thread is these two classes are not to be overlooked or fly under the radar. NERF EVERYONE.

Don't worry...ele is never overlooked, they allow it to shine for few months between a dead period and another, after 4 years of tempest misery they decided to give ele players some decent spec...that will be nerfed soon anyway and ele will go back being a pointless class to have in game...all in line with your original thread about nobody really wanting balance.

There is a reason anyway I play on 3 different mains, I can play on ele only for few months every few years it seems, the class is badly designed that it can only compete with the rest if given simiar tools in terms of sustain and dmg...but the idea never really work.

@"Kaburro.4712" said:I hate those Firebrand! Using their skills and condis... How dare!!!Necro is OK by the way...xmECDHQ.png

Reaper is probably one of the easiest classes to know when you are about to take a lot of damage.

Don't tank shroud. 4s of not avoiding anything, like the chain of attacks you took in your screenshots, will get you killed.

Anyways it's not a Reaper specific issue. 4s of not mitigating damage from most classes will result in similar or higher damage, especially when it's their strongest skills. It's where the game is right now and why everything is about to be toned down. All damage is too high.

@KrHome.1920 said:

That hasn't been true since HoT really.Considering the games overall lifetime, condition damage has shifted to a more burst oriented playstyle a long time ago.So the argument that Condi dmg should be this slowly ramping, incremental damage over time style is long outdated.You must have missed the huge balance patch a year ago or so, where pretty much every condi skill in the game was changed to apply less stacks but for a longer duration to achieve exactly that "slowly ramping" effect.So if a condi build can burst, then this is not intended (anet made clear how they want the condi playstyle to look like) and deserves a change or even nerf.

Condi's "burst" in the same way power does: not avoiding a lot of attacks in a small time frame or big damage skills in a chain. Just because its a different damage type doesn't somehow negate the fact you are failing to avoid damage. For some reason people feel they should be punished less because its condition damage and "DaMaGe OvEr TiMe ShOuLd bE sLoW". You still need to avoid attacks and strong damage combos else you will die at an ever increasing rate...this should and will always be a thing.

There seems to be some double standard between taking e.g. 15k power damage in 0~2s vs taking 15k condi damage in 3~6s.

Just like mortrialus said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:Taking more hits means taking more damage. Taking more hits in a very short window results in more damage faster. This is true whether we're talking power damage or condition damage. You get rid of that simple principal and then you're left with a system where for condition damage landing additional hits no longer matters and has no value, in a way that makes it either complete garbage or extremely op. Simple as that.

Besides conditions in general are not a problem its specific builds that are.