Ice & Firebrand Build - [PvP] [P3] [Video]

Ragnar.4257

Hi All,

My interest in this game is crafting builds that break away from the meta. Now, this is more of a concept or even meme build, but its a fun idea so I thought I'd share.

Alot of what's in the video is from unranked during off-season, but some if it is also ranked. I've only done my placements so far, but I mostly played this build. For those that care, I placed top end of P2, somewhere in the top 50. Not great, not terrible.

Build Link: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAId7lRwiYPsMmJmWXevaA-z5YXGJUBZmCCNA

Simple idea, is to maximise Chill uptime. It's a twist on my Firesage build, with more CC, but alot less mobility. 3 sources of Chill: On heal (4.5s, 10s ICD), Glacial Heart on Disable (4.5s no ICD), Glacial Blow (3.75s, 6s CD). Once you get on top of someone, its very difficult for them to escape. Only problem is a decent kiter will never let you anywhere near them.

With this you are so, so, so slow. Painfully slow. The payoff is that Hammer can make some amazing plays in the right circumstances. But you really have to make good use of Hammer's potential for it to be worth it. In particular, self-blasting light fields for cleanses, banishing downed, and clever use of Ring. Ring can be particularly devastating against evade-spam builds; a herald trapped inside is dead if he doesn't have Glint-Heal. Be aware that the protection symbol you drop on-heal can be cast during Glacial Blow for an instant AoE cleanse, and that the frost-burst from Grenth runes adds additional procs of VoJ for Permeating Wrath.

I've been alternating between the Cleanse mantra and the Quickness mantra. Quickness goes a long way to making hammer playable, but, you really need the cleanse against teams with more than 1 condi-heavy player. If the enemy is all power, then definitely try taking Quickness mantra.

Its too slow to be meta, but, if you fancy something different for a laugh, then enjoy.