Undershirt Cloth Slot.

Aeon.4583

With the release of first cape, i want to remind Arena net about another cosmetic thats been asked before.Undershirt slot. Primary function of which will be to cover up gear skins's open areas of character's body. This is old Reddit with example.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7foxur/arenanet_please_give_us_undershirtspants_so_we/

Seems to be simple and easy addition.

On personal note, i've been waiting for this a long time. This cosmetic addition will be primary way to deal with The Infamous Assassin's Coat on Female Humans. Too much open body areas there.

@Weindrasi.3805 said:PLEASE yes! This would open up SO MANY options for my female characters. I hate skimpy/sexy gear, and unfortunately--especially for my Mesmer--that means a ton of options that show skin or flash the cleavage are unavailable to me. An undershirt would let me use tons more armor skins.

Oh my gosh, same here. I keep getting annoyed because my mesmer would look SO great in certain armor pieces...except they show off way more skin (or bark/leaves, since she's a sylvari :tongue:) than I'm comfortable with. Snapdragon cultural armor, Carapace armor, Inquest, Nightmare Court, Feathered, Winged...just to name a few. The option for this would be wonderful.

Wait, people don't want sexualized Barbie doll, toons? Well, that is a first on the internet.... I am not sure how their armor system is set up and I don't even know if it IS POSSIBLE given their architecture. I think they might need to make the changes to the character base itself, in a way that is similar to the Charr and Slyvari patterns and glow overlay. Though, I doubt it will happen anytime soon with all the devs that have left. As is they have stated that a mere hairstyle update is many months away.

I see your request for undershirt slots and raise you customizable underwear!

They could sell the swimsuits and loincloths everyone's been asking for on this slot but also things like bodysuits which would serve the function you're suggesting here. Bonus points if there are dye slots on these. The basic models do have butts and bare chests under the decency layers, so technically the underclothes are an invisible equipment slot already.

To avoid clipping, this layer would also have the lowest 'priority' over other parts of your outfit, ensuring you could only see it in places not covered by other armor pieces (Some chest pieces currently do this to gloves and some trousers currently do this to boots).

@Zeivu.3615 said:Wait, people don't want sexualized Barbie doll, toons?Well. i love how Assassin's Coat sits on my female thief. But do you really want to go in Winter maps with naked stomach? I don't think that shadow magic defends Tyrians against cold that much =) My ele maybe walks around with open body parts and with helm unchecked, but it is Ele, ice magic is one controlled by ele.

Also who won't like a little bit Elegancy added to character's looks.

@Batel.9206 said:

@"Zeivu.3615" said:As is they have stated that a mere hairstyle update is many months away.

Wait, they have? When was this? :( (Sorry for trailing a bit off-topic here.)

Original news came from Buffed.de, a german Website.(Link to the article: https://buffed.de/Guild-Wars-2-Spiel-17072/Specials/Gefluester-im-Dunkeln-Preview-1337393/)

MassivelyOP has a translation of the relevant passage:https://massivelyop.com/2019/11/20/guild-wars-2-admits-new-fractals-raids-and-even-hairstyles-are-many-months-away/

"The reason for the lack of new hair? This feature has never been prioritized in the development of new content, and probably not in the near future."

WoW has the undershirt feature, and I absolutely love it. I have a female mage in that game--the undershirt makes many skimpy dresses look elegant and regal instead. I can wear anything I want--even armors intended to be incredibly sexual--and totally change their vibe by toggling the undershirt on. GW2 would just need one dyeable undershirt--no designs, nothing fancy--they could sell a basic white undershirt with a single dye panel on the gem store for 400g. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

• 1 month later...

Let me share two examples with you where Undershirt slot will do good.With my thief, i am trying to cosplay Mandalorians. There are few variation of 'Mando' gear.First: Infamous Underboob Coat.esHQmSN.jpgMandalorians do not show boobs, this is the way. Undershirt slot can help with this gear. Closing underboob, belly and arms.

Second: More battle hardened gear, but... Strider's Tuniccu2MAXJ.jpgThose parts, arms and back, are not gear texture, it is actually character's skin under mesh net(?) part of cloth. But i just prefer to think of it as a chain mail.

Putting a sweater or shirt under those skins, will be something i won't be able to resist. Give undershirt slot gem price, whatever. I will be willing to pay.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, if creating whole new cloth slot is not an option...Arena.net, atleast consdier to add easy obtainable Infusions that will work as Undershirt cloth.Ember Infusion, for example, changes skin textures.Atleast infusions that will serve as undershirt will be enough, changing character's skin color from neck and down.

P.s. i will kill for Infusion ( if not proper undershit with dye ) that will turn my character's skin to pure black ( like shadow abyss dye), from neck and down, to cover up that nasty Assassin's Coat open areas.P.s.2 price of such infusion can be in Laurels with only cosmetic effect. Fractal and WvW Vendors will sell same kind of infusions with price of fractal currencies\badges of honor, respective versions with addition of +5 stat +9 agony resist or +1% damage\defense against guards to cosmetic effect.

Undershirt Infusion: BlackMighty WvW Undershirt Infusion: BlackMighty +9 Agony Undershirt Infusion: Black

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Inspiration post #2This time from your Rival - World of Warcraft. There is a link to all shirts that goes under primary armor and can cover open body areas.https://www.wowhead.com/shirtsAnd look how many of them are present. There are many simply because of many different colors and textures. But we here in GW2 can live with simple single dye shirt slot.

@"The Greyhawk.9107" said:I would be incredibly surprised if the game's coding and architecture would allow this, so try not to get your hopes up.

It is already there. Example:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ember_Infusion

Infusion changes character's skin textures. Very same mechanic that is needed for any shirt or bodysuit cloth.With Ember infusion any open skin areas are changing textures from under the armor.

@Aeon.4583 said:

@"The Greyhawk.9107" said:I would be incredibly surprised if the game's coding and architecture would allow this, so try not to get your hopes up.

It is already there. Example:

Infusion changes character's skin textures. Very same mechanic that is needed for any shirt or bodysuit cloth.With Ember infusion any open skin areas are changing textures from under the armor.

Here's the thing, infusions change the appearance of the skin of the entire body. It cannot currently cover the only the skin below the neck while leaving the face unaltered. Mechanically it just isn't able to differentiate one section of skin from another, and again I would be very surprised if Anet were able to change this.