Fail to fix COR pathing

Tammuz.7361

@Shao.7236 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Sounds like a l2p issue.

It’s a legitimate bug and you’re gonna call it a l2p issue? Lmao classy

It was a design change to tone down hammer revs...

Before the patch I was getting hit for 15k + cors on a build with 3.5k armor. Sometimes I would be at full hp and just instant downed state, checked combat log and hurdur cor.

Since the patch I have gotten hit by only a couple cors, clearly the nerf shows just how hard revs were being carried by a single skill.

I'm okay with the nerf, it was needed.

Now the damage is uniform which I like, what I don't like is;

The skill is slower than it used to.It takes forever to come out of hammer.Quickness doesn't affect it's cast anymore. (Not the hit progression it never did.)Pathing is still broken.People can just jump over it.Direct hits sometime don't work.Point blank often misses.More than occasionally, it doesn't cast at all.

The way people played hammer was the way I like to call "Don't touch my super convenient effortless MMO build." because Hammer is and always been a strong weapon if you understood the legends and synergy in between right, so little people knew and right now CoR being so broken just doesn't make it the viable weapon it was in the high skill portion.

The damage nerf barely affected the builds that rely on proper revenant plays. In fact, this so called "damage" nerf is a buff to those who played hammer in the high skill cap because damage at close up is now higher with CoR.

...rev...hammer...high...skill...cap...does...not...compute...error...error...laserbeams...

Clearly you've never fight anything but WvW Hammer Revs, aka can't do anything but CoR from far away.

Revenants have many synergy that people ignore or plain don't know because they don't play the class at all, which is a shame.

All I've ever seen is Herald Incensed Response spam builds, which is boring as hell to play.

oh yes im sure there are many amazing spvp hammer rev players rofl.

• 4 weeks later...

Sad that CoR has been broken for so long - I'm losing hope that the dev team even sees this as a problem. If they thought it was OP before I wish they would have reduced the damage by a small amount, or added a second or two to the cooldown. Small tuning like that to see how it helps. I wish they hadn't changed the mechanics of the skill itself.

@Orion Templar.4589 said:Sad that CoR has been broken for so long - I'm losing hope that the dev team even sees this as a problem. If they thought it was OP before I wish they would have reduced the damage by a small amount, or added a second or two to the cooldown. Small tuning like that to see how it helps. I wish they hadn't changed the mechanics of the skill itself.

they did nerf the damage.and yeah the best way to nerf hammer rev would have been,increased recharge on CoRincreased energy cost on CoRnerf Riposting Shadows

but they didn't do any of those things and people still think cor does too much damage somehow rofl.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Orion Templar.4589 said:Sad that CoR has been broken for so long - I'm losing hope that the dev team even sees this as a problem. If they thought it was OP before I wish they would have reduced the damage by a small amount, or added a second or two to the cooldown. Small tuning like that to see how it helps. I wish they hadn't changed the mechanics of the skill itself.

they did nerf the damage.and yeah the best way to nerf hammer rev would have been,increased recharge on CoRincreased energy cost on CoRnerf Riposting Shadows

but they didn't do any of those things and people still think cor does too much damage somehow rofl.

CoR is bugged, its not a intentional change that it can still hit through closed walls and keeps, it also should be following target rather than where the player is facing, it also seems slower but i'm not sure about that one, yes I think the nerf was needed but allowing the skill to be bugged beyond use is not okay... bugs happen but they shoudn't be left for 2 months+ when it makes the skill almost unplayable

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

CoR is bugged, its not a intentional change that it can still hit through closed walls and keeps, it also should be following target rather than where the player is facing, it also seems slower but i'm not sure about that one, yes I think the nerf was needed but allowing the skill to be bugged beyond use is not okay... bugs happen but they shoudn't be left for 2 months+ when it makes the skill almost unplayable

Yes we know...

And you need los for Cor strikes to hit or it will just be called obstructed. That was patched a while ago.

I just don't get it.

I'm a newb Rev.

Just started one up a couple days ago, I'm 32 now and having the blast of my life.

Raised 2 other toon to 80: Warrior and Guardian.

Actually Berserker and FireBrand.

Not particularly overwhelmed with either of them.

But . . .. The Rev is da Smarts!

Whack the kitten out of everything in my path, day 1 to day 4 so far.

No complaints.

Bash them, Smash them, Trash them.

It's routine.

@Kabuki Theatre.9752 said:I just don't get it.

I'm a newb Rev.

Just started one up a couple days ago, I'm 32 now and having the blast of my life.

Raised 2 other toon to 80: Warrior and Guardian.

Actually Berserker and FireBrand.

Not particularly overwhelmed with either of them.

But . . .. The Rev is da Smarts!

Whack the kitten out of everything in my path, day 1 to day 4 so far.

No complaints.

Bash them, Smash them, Trash them.

It's routine.

you can do the same with an axe/gs warrior or a sword/gs guardian.

I'm a newb Rev.

It's routine.

You're playing against the A.I. of the game. The things change when you're playing against other players with functional brain and your tools are extremely unreliable in a class which lacks build diversity and in which half of the weapons are garbage. But don't worry, eventually you'll get it.

@Buran.3796 said:

I'm a newb Rev.

It's routine.

You're playing against the A.I. of the game. The things change when you're playing against other players with functional brain and your tools are extremely unreliable in a class which lacks build diversity and in which half of the weapons are garbage. But don't worry, eventually you'll get it.

But we got lots of diversity with each legend being a focal point for a certain play style. At least we are not mesmers.

@"Justine.6351" said:

But we got lots of diversity with each legend being a focal point for a certain play style. At least we are not mesmers.

Can't dispute that Mesmer's specs works a lot the same (albeit to me having along the Guardian the overall strongest presence in the game in terms of how well they perform), but about the "lots of diversity" the Revenant enjoy which each legend I would only say this: past Thrursday I crafted The Shinning Blade despite already having Bolt due "how much diversity" I discern in the Revenant gameplay. The class has been using essentially the same build in PvP/roaming for 50+ months in a row (only more plain and dumbed down after each patch), a build which is as subpar to PvE as the other builds are to competitive gameplay. A total schism in functions with no touching points which I'm sure had made sick a lot of players wanting changes.

@Buran.3796

There's no diversity on any profesions if you prioritize an unofficial curated point of view that seeks to minimize effort and application to the fullest in a few players perspective which still is an opinion.

That being said, Meta builds fill a niche people deem better but it still has it's weaknesses anyway which means nobody should care regardless because if you know how to play the game anything can work regardless to a large degree of the player skill rather than simplification.

• 3 weeks later...

@Justine.6351 said:

You're right they nerfed the damage, but they did a lot more than that. They changed the mechanics of how the skill works, the number of impacts, how it paths, etc. My point was they should have left the mechanics alone and just made small adjustments to damage and/or cool-down numbers. Changing the mechanics also broke the skill and it's been broken for quite a while now.

@Orion Templar.4589 said:

You're right they nerfed the damage, but they did a lot more than that. They changed the mechanics of how the skill works, the number of impacts, how it paths, etc. My point was they should have left the mechanics alone and just made small adjustments to damage and/or cool-down numbers. Changing the mechanics also broke the skill and it's been broken for quite a while now.

Nah the skill is wayyyy better now. This is obviously a l2p issue. If anything it needs to be nerfed more and it's cascade shortened to 900 range.

@"Shao.7236" said:

That being said, Meta builds fill a niche people deem better but it still has it's weaknesses anyway which means nobody should care regardless because if you know how to play the game anything can work regardless to a large degree of the player skill rather than simplification.

Aside from the Vermillion team, which oftenly used to run condition builds and team compositions distant from the "meta", all of the top dog teams in the times in which PvP has presence in the ESL and large tournaments happened did use mostly what worked, what performed the best, and webs like metabattle didn't make anything but reflect the most viable builds based on what happened in competitions in which money was on the table. And by the way, albeit being competitive, Vermillion was never able to win a title, so that "everything works" hmmm... I'm skeptical about it.

@Justine.6351 said:

Nah the skill is wayyyy better now. This is obviously a l2p issue. If anything it needs to be nerfed more and it's cascade shortened to 900 range.

I hit a Tower Lord for 18k with a CoR the other day. I sure hope he doesn't have a forum account.

4/6 done on my legendary armor tho, so I'm preparing for swapping to Alacrene for Fractals or Condi Rene for OW/funsies if ANET does (unintentionally ) kill backline hammer rev with the patch.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

I hit a Tower Lord for 18k with a CoR the other day. I sure hope he doesn't have a forum account.

4/6 done on my legendary armor tho, so I'm preparing for swapping to Alacrene for Fractals or Condi Rene for OW/funsies if ANET does (unintentionally ) kill backline hammer rev with the patch.

I was 2/6 on my mesmers armor and then they did the Chrono update last year and I was like, noooope. Made a torch for my burn dh instead. Flames of war or something.