Here is how to fix skill lag

Lonecap.4105

My 2C on a solution for skill lag which occurs most severely during threeway blob fights but is also generally present on maps that are queued by all three servers. I suggest the player limit reduced further than what it currently is. Threeway fights will be no larger than 50 a side as that will be the full map capacity for every map. Larger scale fights can still still happen on EotM in terms of BvB and this map will be exempt from any player limit reduction.

As a result, more incentives should be given to evenly populate maps and siege placement and usage should be streamlined with the use of an unlockable (not gemstore) siege folder which you can use the Special Action key to hold one particular siege type at a time (a pseudo slot) for fast siege placement. Better rewards should be given for PPT overall.

@"Zikory.6871" said:Delete EotM and transfer server resources to WvW.That's not how "server resources" work. That would be like saying well put in 10x RTX2080Ti into your computer to make it 10x faster. Oh they dont fit? Just tape them to the side of your case, it'll definetly go faster anyway.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Zikory.6871" said:Delete EotM and transfer server resources to WvW.That's not how "server resources" work. That would be like saying well put in 10x RTX2080Ti into your computer to make it 10x faster. Oh they dont fit? Just tape them to the side of your case, it'll definetly go faster anyway.

Clearly, I'm being facetious. It's been an feature since release and it would obviously take more than what Anet is able or willing to "fix".

Seriously though. Reducing map population limit is continuing to punish players for playing the game mode anet made. 50v50v50 is a lag issue but everything in WvW is geared to more people stronger your group is. For NA at least, OP's suggestion would be unhealthy for most of the remaining population unless your server is lucky enough to have multiple tags at the same time willing to lead different maps.

As to EotM, I've noticed a influx of requests for Anet to look at EtoM and make it worth playing. Personally, I'd rather they delete it than put any more resources into a unneeded side mode to WvW. But frankly, I just want them to do something with WvW. Delete the borderlands and make the WvW maps EotM and EBG or cycle EotM and EBG weekly.