Most underperforming specs in each mode?

Zexanima.7851

For WvW there's quite a few: core engineer (scrapper is better for squads, holo is better for roaming), chrono post-nerf (better off with core for power mesmer , the post-nerf chrono shatter mechanic is unreliable and other wells other than gravity well don't see much use), core ranger (no "sic em" merge bonuses or merged beastmastery damage boosts) / druid (need to build astral force, speccing druid means you can't go soulbeast)

PvE: scourge probably, core necro, core ranger

PvP: post-nerf scourge probably since the shade effect doesn't happen around you, post-nerf chrono because wells are basically unusable in PvP and the shatter mechanic is extremely unreliable , core engineer (because rifle isn't strong on its own, pistol has slow condi, and bomb/grenade are slow),

• Maybe: druid (haven't seen this used to great effect other than for condi druid which has slow condis) , any damage oriented tempest because you will be CCed or sniped to death

Core necromancer is really having a problem. And a lot of that stems from its core design. Which seems to be basically be Blissy in a physical fighting type meta. (Pokemon reference.) The core design of necromancer needs to be updated. And I have some ideas that could improve its position, although it would undo a few of the death magic changes in the process as this would be a complete overhaul of the necromancer's design. This wouldn't negatively impact the reaper but would impact the scourge.

Issue with core engie is that buffing it will also buff holo and scrapper XD

Reason i always felt Engie should be a elite as well, i ment every core having its elite as well, that would make easier to balance engie or any other core w/o buffing the other elite specs.

That would make balance and class design much easier.

In pve it's core necro because it is impossible to build a dps or support build based on that spec. The weapons deal laughable damage and shroud has no identity (is it ranged or melee?, is it power or condi?, it is definitely not support and it is too weak for hybrid damage [...] it's bad at everything).

In pvp and wvw everything can work more or less, because it's not all about maximizing damage or support like in pve.

Raid: herald , condi scourge(thats the ones i have seen or tried directly) .Id also say renegade because its a espec that suposedly gives you condi y ferocity(power) dmg but in the end its power dmg is far from close to the acceptable in raid(while the condi y alac is meta so i guess it could be caled balanced but i think theyre not using all the rene potencial)Also scourge epi is needed in some raids but even so seeing a necro being one of the less powerful condi classes is a bit sadI talk about raid not pvp nor wvw as i dont know how the balance is there.

Necro is the only class that can turn fear into a damaging condition so I would think it should be used in any raid or pve setting as to have a another angle for damage that no one else has.Also Scourge has great defence with that new shield thing they use and can spread to team mates which I would think makes them quite useful in pve.

Also in PvP, Necros are the most deadly things to deal with. A single well played Core Necro can wipe whole team. Scourge too. I could go and have gone all the way to Legend on Core Necro solo q as well when Terrormancer Necro wasn't buffed. Now that it is buffed it's just ridiculous that no one plays it and then complain that Necro is weak. Makes me cry.

• 3 weeks later...