What do you guys think?

kraai.7265

When first talked about it was stated that everything to put Alliances in the game was already in place and very little work was needed. They stated that they wanted to collect data on distribution and population etc, which to me right away sounded like BS, as they already had server data and population data since the start of the game, what more data did they need on this?

Now, even more than ever, no one is actually able to say ANYTHING in ANY sort of detail on Alliances or how they will work, it is always just "Soon". I have stated in every post about Alliances and I will state it again here: If ANYONE from anet can prove me wrong on this, I will be GLAD to hear it.

i fear they dropped it under the table, especially since there's no concrete commentary about it. instead they doctor on battles and balance. the original announcement is pretty old by now... i hope they'll keep that word, bc we won't forget it. that's pretty thinking pink here though, much speaks against it.they may stumbled over issues with pulling Alliance System off, but it's problematic that they did never communicate that, so people understand why we don't have the promised system yet.

I'm going with the unlisted option:

They pulled the people working on Alliances off it to work on Swiss sometime in the spring of 2019. Then they lied about that. They only have one sub-team delegated to this kind of stuff so work on Alliances will commence after Swiss is released and has seen it's first few rounds of polish. They will ride the balance pass hype for a while and hope that keeps WvW players in game and then begin to talk about Alliances again once the balance changes have settled a bit. They are also probably following the chatter around the competition during the first few quarters now.

That's my guess for now. At first, I admittedly believed they would have revealed something in august and had a release late last year, given the prior communication that they had programmers dedicated to working to connect the modules over the spring (as per Ray's comments earlier and Mike's update in april, along with the initial pullback of the private tag stuff that suggested they were saving up for something). Then came august, lol, and crickets.

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:When first talked about it was stated that everything to put Alliances in the game was already in place and very little work was needed.

You need to read the world restructuring thread again, they said they had the pieces in place to quickly develop links not alliances, alliances would require a lot more time to develop because it didn't.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26547/world-restructuring/p1https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45856/world-restructuring-update-1/p1https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/61986/world-restructuring-update-2/p1https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26877/world-restructuring-faq/p1

Transitioning to this SystemThis system is going to take time to make. As mentioned in the WvW FAQ, part of the reason we did World Linking was because it utilized a lot of existing tech and did not require a considerable amount of time. This allowed us to address the growing population issue quickly, while also being able to address other WvW issues. This new system is going to take considerably more time to make. We do not have a release date, but this is going to require several months of work and it will share resources with any other WvW changes that we work on.

Transitioning to this system is going to be slow and we want to make this transition as smooth as possible. Once this system is ready, we plan to give everyone several weeks to form their WvW guilds and alliances. We also want to give titles related to the worlds on which players currently are playing when World Restructuring goes live. If there are other transition ideas, we would love to hear them!

We will continue with World Linking until World Restructuring is ready to ship.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:When first talked about it was stated that everything to put Alliances in the game was already in place and very little work was needed.

You need to read the world restructuring thread again, they said they had the pieces in place to quickly develop links not alliances, alliances would require a lot more time to develop because it didn't.

Transitioning to this System
This system is going to take time to make
. As mentioned in the WvW FAQ,
part of the reason we did World Linking was because it utilized a lot of existing tech and did not require a considerable amount of time
. This allowed us to address the growing population issue quickly, while also being able to address other WvW issues.
This new system is going to take considerably more time to make
. We do not have a release date, but this is going to require several months of work and it will share resources with any other WvW changes that we work on.

Transitioning to this system is going to be slow and we want to make this transition as smooth as possible. Once this system is ready, we plan to give everyone several weeks to form their WvW guilds and alliances. We also want to give titles related to the worlds on which players currently are playing when World Restructuring goes live. If there are other transition ideas, we would love to hear them!

I don't need to, I remember quite well. The extra work was talked about after them stating all of the required backend was in place and that world linking was more or less the same thing, all that is happening is you are shrinking your pool size from server to guilds allowing a finer sorting. You know why I remember this? Because the posts talking about it (that contradicted the "lots of work" mantra) were deleted after I linked them, I was then banned on the forums for pointing this out, I asked why I was banned and was told that more or less I was SOL. Just to make sure that was why I was banned, I posted about it again after the ban lifted, making no other posts and....DELETED and banned again, however this time, not just my forum account, but my game account as well, after emailing they did remove the ban from my game account (Oh, we have NO idea how that happened rolls eyes), however the forum account remained banned for a while. Reason stated was that talking about bans is not allowed on the forums (I will probably be banned for this, but I don't care anymore), however my second post did not talk about or ask why I was banned, I asked why the posts I linked to were deleted and gave a general layout of what was in those posts.

Not the last time they pulled something like this either, remember back when we had a holiday and 4 servers were linked with YB? They straight lied about all of it, I posted links to other posts that contradicted what they were saying when people started to get mad about it because they told everyone SOL.....My posts and the posts I linked were deleted and I was banned. Reason listed for ban? Blank. Emailed and opened a ticket as to why I was banned.....Nothing.

Back then I was already doubtful about everything and people told me I was crazy and that by the end of the year the system would be out etc etc I even remember people telling me I was stupid for paying to move servers because once Alliances came out (Soon) servers would not matter....Well, that worked out huh? Your own quote states a few months, and this was long after it was first talked about, and even that quote is 2 years old! If you want to drink the kool-aid, go ahead lol.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:When first talked about it was stated that everything to put Alliances in the game was already in place and very little work was needed.

part of the reason we did World Linking was because it utilized a lot of existing tech and did not require a considerable amount of time
. This allowed us to address the growing population issue quickly, while also being able to address other WvW issues.
. We do not have a release date, but this is going to require several months of work and it will share resources with any other WvW changes that we work on.

I don't need to, I remember quite well. The extra work was talked about after them stating all of the required backend was in place and that world linking was more or less the same thing, all that is happening is you are shrinking your pool size from server to guilds allowing a finer sorting. You know why I remember this? Because the posts talking about it (that contradicted the "lots of work" mantra) were deleted after I linked them, I was then banned on the forums for pointing this out, I asked why I was banned and was told that more or less I was SOL. Just to make sure that was why I was banned, I posted about it again after the ban lifted, making no other posts and....DELETED and banned again, however this time, not just my forum account, but my game account as well, after emailing they did remove the ban from my game account (Oh, we have NO idea how that happened
rolls eyes
), however the forum account remained banned for a while. Reason stated was that talking about bans is not allowed on the forums (I will probably be banned for this, but I don't care anymore), however my second post did not talk about or ask why I was banned, I asked why the posts I linked to were deleted and gave a general layout of what was in those posts.

Not the last time they pulled something like this either, remember back when we had a holiday and 4 servers were linked with YB? They straight lied about all of it, I posted links to other posts that contradicted what they were saying when people started to get mad about it because they told everyone SOL.....My posts and the posts I linked were deleted and I was banned. Reason listed for ban? Blank. Emailed and opened a ticket as to why I was banned.....Nothing.

Back then I was already doubtful about everything and people told me I was crazy and that by the end of the year the system would be out etc etc I even remember people telling me I was stupid for paying to move servers because once Alliances came out (Soon) servers would not matter....Well, that worked out huh? Your own quote states a few months, and this was long after it was first talked about, and even that quote is 2 years old! If you want to drink the kool-aid, go ahead lol.

even tho i agree 100% with your comments i'll politely ask you not to compromise this post, because it arleady lasted longer than i expected and it seems it can even survive the crazy mods we got

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:When first talked about it was stated that everything to put Alliances in the game was already in place and very little work was needed.

I don't need to, I remember quite well. The extra work was talked about after them stating all of the required backend was in place and that world linking was more or less the same thing, all that is happening is you are shrinking your pool size from server to guilds allowing a finer sorting. You know why I remember this? Because the posts talking about it (that contradicted the "lots of work" mantra) were deleted after I linked them, I was then banned on the forums for pointing this out, I asked why I was banned and was told that more or less I was SOL. Just to make sure that was why I was banned, I posted about it again after the ban lifted, making no other posts and....DELETED and banned again, however this time, not just my forum account, but my game account as well, after emailing they did remove the ban from my game account (Oh, we have NO idea how that happened
rolls eyes
), however the forum account remained banned for a while. Reason stated was that talking about bans is not allowed on the forums (I will probably be banned for this, but I don't care anymore), however my second post did not talk about or ask why I was banned, I asked why the posts I linked to were deleted and gave a general layout of what was in those posts.

I have no quarrel with the rest of your original post, hence why I didn't have it in my quote.I'm just saying, when first talked about, the original alliance thread stated they had the existing tech to put links together quickly, but they didn't for the alliance system, we were told in that original thread it was going to be a long process, not a short one as you're making it out to be.