Lunar New Year 2020 is live in Guild Wars 2!

I don't know if this is the thread for this, but I rather use an existing thread than making a new one, and it isn't locked, so...

I've just played the celestial challenge, two runs before leaving. It's fun, and it seems to have a lot of different events. There's one thing that's bothering me though: the minimap. I really can't make out most icons relating to the events without staring and squinting. The colors all blend into the yellowish map background.

PSA: Anet you guys forgot to announce that you changed the Black Lion skin set available for 1 Black Lion Ticket to be the new Draconic skin set. Its not a big deal, but I would think you want to announce that at some point. ;)

P.S. I like the set allot I may have to get them all! Thanks for all the terrific artwork and stuff you guys do.

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:Maybe fix the walls in SMC and mendons that you ‘fixed’ with this update despite nothing in the patch notes?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/95745/best-content-since-2016-flying-walls#latest

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/95748/north-smc-redesign-issue#latest

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/95765/really-great-job#latest

Unless these are just part of the festival...

according to cmc from illuminati discord .. these changes weren't supposed to ship.. expect a patch to correct it probably "soon"

@Vegeta.2563 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:Maybe fix the walls in SMC and mendons that you ‘fixed’ with this update despite nothing in the patch notes?

Unless these are just part of the festival...

according to cmc from illuminati discord .. these changes weren't supposed to ship.. expect a patch to correct it probably "soon"

Already thanked him in the WvW section. ?

• ArenaNet Staff

@"brymuh.4108" said:Is Anyone else crashing? I'm using 2015 Mac pro and since the update I can't play past 1 minute until I get the "serious error has occurred" message. I've uninstalled, repaired and all that and its still crashing??

I'm so sorry you're dealing with that. We're aware of it and have been working on it. I just posted an update in this thread.

@"Underdark.3726" said:Pls, give automatic win to players who volunteer to change team in the arena. Loosing a game cos somebody else left the game is not fair.Also, why you don't make new wallpapers anymore?Yes, IMO this single thing has always made dragon ball suck allot of the time. I mean it can be REALLY fun. I had a close match lastnight 500-480. However, its REALLY common to have BOTH the most players and the best players on ONE team due to the "autobalance" allowing people NOT to balance the teams. What I mean is, many times people DONT volunteer to change teams and just keep it unbalanced for the easy win, and I see zero reason that should ever be allowed and it boggles me when I think about it that it has been this way so long. Dragon ball imo could be a big draw that people looked forward do doing a few rounds of each day if the balance was automatic or if people who volunteer to change to losing team got rewarded somehow for changing to the losing team. Otherwise, its just stupid cause balance ends up being dependent upon people volunteering to basically lose for no good reason.

Is it possible to get the meta achievement without mounts (no expansions) and only with the rented Raptor? If I checked correctly it requires either the race or the firecracker achievement finished at a fast time?

Event/festival seems a bit like a copy paste event to fill some time until the next real releases or better events. Again in Divinity's Reach (why not other cities when Wintersday just has been there). Similar setup but less to do. I'm still going to do it for completion (achievements) and for the AP ... + the dailies. Not grinding the repeatable achievements that can be repeated 5 times (for 5x5 = 25 AP). Similar than I did in previous events/festivals when I returned June 2019 after my long break. That leaves me still a bit to do when it returns a year later (besides the annual achievements). And I won't get bored by playing too much of the same stuff repeatedly in a short time - to max an achievement.

On a side note: I checked the Wiki for SAB (Super Adventure Box) and it seems there are a few skins that require a lot of dailies to be done ... which would take ages if the SAB appears only once a years for 3 weeks. Why not bring that more often to fill some games in the calander that otherwise would be without events? (Instead of bringing other mediocre stuff ... like Boss Rush or other stuff ... which surely will come back this year again.)

Edit: Totally possible with only the rented mounts. Didn't try the firecracker adventures (for the 2nd one there is a vid to to this under 4:30 with rented mount though) but did the racing. That one is balaned similar than to the Wintersday one. (Even a bit easier I found this one here:) Silver possible with rented mount if you are careful not making mistakes. Which is enough for the meta. All other ones besides firecracker are easy and since you don't need all and can decide not to do one I probably won't do the firecrackers adventure.

I had a ton of fun with the Celestial event, but making the exit more obvious (or giving us the exit button above the mini map) might be a good idea. It took me a while to figure out that there was an NPC on the opposite side of the map from the reward chest that would port you out.

@Luthan.5236 said:Is it possible to get the meta achievement without mounts (no expansions) and only with the rented Raptor? If I checked correctly it requires either the race or the firecracker achievement finished at a fast time?

Its 100% doable without a mount. The timed race for the annual is to complete the race ON FOOT in under 5.5 minutes. I used Choya tonic and made it under 5 min. I think you probably just group with a person who has Pact Commander III to get the speed boost to be fast enough. You only have to complete 5 or 6 things on the list. So you can skip the adventure and just do the race on foot. I hope that helps. Good luck!