Mac Crashes in Divinity's Reach since Wintersday?

Same thing happened on my side - game started to crash everytime after the LNY update. before this update - no problems at all for the whole time playing the game.Lowest graphics set, MBP 13' (early 2015), 2,7 GHz i5, 8 GB RAM, Intel 6100 graphics, Mojave 10.14.3

Hope GW2 devs fix this shortly, almost finished crafting first leg, eager to finish asap)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also having this issue since the LNY update and it's made the game completely unplayable. While I am able to log in, the game crashes within minutes no matter where in the game I am at. All the settings are turned down to low as well. Hopefully the devs can fix this quickly. Was hoping to play WvW with my guildies tonight.

I keep Crashing Too, every 1-3 minutes , game is unplayable. I filed a ticket and they want info on my computer but the versions they list are older than mine.I have version 10.14.6 . Everything worked fine until Winters day started ( crashed occasionally) Now with the patch or update today I can't play at all, please put it back the way it was

There are no words to say how frustrated I am right now. I'm also on a Mac and haven't been able to get in any decent play in about a month now. My iMac is pretty top of the line and runs every other game I play like a top with no problems. Even trying to do a clean reinstall, the launcher can't download the game past 35%, even with the new build. (It's completely frozen with 259k files to go and won't budge). I can't even use my main character because she is on a LW4 map that won't load at all, so I can't retrieve her even to do base game stuff on.

I have the same Mac crash issue(s) after LNY.In my "observational testing" crashes occurred when(a) other players used firework item(s) in Pavillion, though not certain(b) and when using character weapon skills on my Mesmer, as well as Guardian, approximately after 3-4 skills used. Essentially always crashing on F/X(?), (e.g. Mesmer illusion(s) exploding).

Code not deleting F/X etc from memory? "nearDist" set to infinity and beyond......?So many questions.

Still can craft though.

I've got a small lead:On the lowest possible settings (particularly with shader on low), being far away from all other mobs and characters I'm fine, but either being too close to another model, or by clicking a mob (thus rendering a portrait as well as the halo that indicates it as selected on the ground) will instantly crash the game.

On a 2012 mac mini, mojave.. usually keep my graphics settings on low. but have high detail on npcs and other characters because it doesn't make that much of a difference performance wise.. either way, doesn't make a difference. whether you are in a map that has anything to do with the event or not. or on an alt not even through the personal story. I crashed earlier when somebody else did a utility skill. and then took high resolution off for other characters and it still kept crashing. I usually get decent performance and graphics that are pleasant enough to me. and my mini is nicer than the windows laptop I salvaged. So.. that's what I usually play on..

Caveat: I can totally understand the kind of difficulties a compiler update would introduce to a game that is already a concrete thing to many people. I think this is a very traceable thing that they will eventually nail down.. reqs don't change drastically because a software developer updates their compiler.

The crashing is new with the New Years day Patch - not a pre-existing issue. Instant crash in DR before I even load in.

OK, Just did some testing in maps besides DR - If i engage in combat with mobs it's instant crash, if i approach a vendor or another character it's an instant crash, if i get near another plyaer - instant crash. So please fix this - it's affecting the whole world, not just DR.

@Teb.6980 said:I've got a small lead:On the lowest possible settings (particularly with shader on low), being far away from all other mobs and characters I'm fine, but either being too close to another model, or by clicking a mob (thus rendering a portrait as well as the halo that indicates it as selected on the ground) will instantly crash the game.

Yeah, that totally jives with my experience as well. I can make some headway in a map, but interaction with mobs or being in proximity to another person interacting either with mobs or just a utility skill will crash the game.. I can mount. I can do vistas and get WPs.

I agree with inaho, I was fine before taking on today's New Year Festival update, now I can't even play for a couple minutes. Even getting out of DR and say heading to DP for the jumping puzzle today, only made it half way up the stairs before it crashed again, so pretty much unplayable.

Unfortunately, I have experienced the same issue. I never really had any game crashes during logins etc., however, I cannot log in at all past log-in screen/character select. I know it's a first-world problem and not the end of the world but please get that fixed as soon as you can. I will try an emulator and see if I can run it on Mac with windows.

• ArenaNet Staff

I've got some good news for you! I just got an update from James: He found some solutions today and we are currently working on getting a hotfix to you ASAP. I'll have another update for you tomorrow. We know this is frustrating, so thank you all for being as patient as you can and for contributing so much information.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:I've got some good news for you! I just got an update from James: He found some solutions today and we are currently working on getting a hotfix to you ASAP. I'll have another update for you tomorrow. We know this is frustrating, so thank you all for being as patient as you can and for contributing so much information.

Thanks for keeping us updated. I appreciate the communication. I look forward too and hope it gets fixed soon.

like other have commented. yesterday the mac ran gw2 fine and played battlegrounds, dailies and other minor boss events. today after the LNY patch, game is crashing after seconds of loading a character. I believe I submitted 50 crash logs at least. I tried "repair", deleting various "library" files (looking at past emails from ArenaNet for reference). I did restarts and resets of all preferences. the crash logs seems to indicate "missing emotes" or "missing shaders" or other items "missing" and causing the game to "hang". sometimes I could play for 1 or 2 minutes, other times I would literally get 2 seconds of play before a crash. I feel strongly this is related to the recent patch and guessing some files were overlooked and therefore "missing" or the path in the coding was not updated properly to file locations (thus the errors). I hope this is addressed soon!

I don't think it's a minimum system reqs issue with the graphics card. I'm running Catalina with a Radeon Pro 560 w/ 4GB, 16 GB System RAM, and a 3.4 GHz Quad-Core i5I've got the graphics setting turned down pretty low, and it still crashes very quickly into game.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:I've got some good news for you! I just got an update from James: He found some solutions today and we are currently working on getting a hotfix to you ASAP. I'll have another update for you tomorrow. We know this is frustrating, so thank you all for being as patient as you can and for contributing so much information.

I was going to go nuts, but at least it's being addressed. I never really had much of an issue with crashing in GW2 until this very update and it's a little frustrating to see this happen now but I do hope we all get to play before the event ends.

Same issues here. Frustrating indeed! Never had an issue before so thought my computer was packing it in! Glad there's a solution in the works.