Would you want the option to change your account display name?

• 3 weeks later...

i just recovered an account which was inactive for over a year because when support helped me with my account years ago it gave me a long letters and #s display name. at the time they said it was more trouble than it was worth to change it. then i find out i won't be able to log in 3 years later. while getting support on an unrelated issue, i discovered that account was once again playable. having this stupid name is a pain, you can't send it mail for example. but it's nice to be able to use it again.

@BCA92F2C-8984-4852-8314-06572C0A5487 said:i just recovered an account which was inactive for over a year because when support helped me with my account years ago it gave me a long letters and #s display name. at the time they said it was more trouble than it was worth to change it. then i find out i won't be able to log in 3 years later. while getting support on an unrelated issue, i discovered that account was once again playable. having this stupid name is a pain, you can't send it mail for example. but it's nice to be able to use it again.

Your account has a valid reason to get a display name change as it's an error. Contact support and they would be willing to get your display name changed.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Do keep in mind that changing your Display Name cause irreversible bugs with your account.

I think the OP's point is for that to become possible without it causing any issues.

I don't need this feature, but for everyone who does I think it would be a practical thing to have. It shouldn't be doable on the fly, though, or else it would be abused by some.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:If you ended up with a weird account name with random letters and numbers, it is best to request an account name change before you start creating a character and start using your account.

The OP has complained about this before and refused an account name change becuase support could not gaurantuee what problems itd have and wouldn't give them gems for the trouble.

I think there is probably an underlying reason that it is what it is and is formatted the way it is for a reason so, I don't think it would be useful. I could contact any of the people who commented in game and vice versa.. If the display name were changed that might not be possible, or immediately apparent.