Crashes after Lunar New Year

@Lord Warfin.1209 said:Mac client is crashing again. Similar problem with the graphics database being broken but in a different way. Is it just the Mac client or is the Windows version broken this time as well?

I’m on a Mac, however I didn’t have problems (this time) with wintersday patch while other Mac users did. I’ve heard some of PC friends mention as well the crashes.

I tried 3 more times and still crashing. Very frustrating.

Same issue. Which is frustrating because the first time I can recall experiencing it was earlier today. On an alt. In diessa plateu. which presumably would have nothing to do with the divinity's reach or the lunar new year maps. My main was in divinities reach. and of course it's happening there now too. If this is a known thing.. It should have been taken care of long before this. Being on a mac client is no excuse for this kind of repeated crash if they are going to offer a mac client to begin with. (I prefer it because my mac is nicer than my old salvage windows box and it looks decent. not spectacular but I don't need spectacular when it looks fine.)

EDIT: Nope, can't even be in an instance; In this case my main in the celestial challenge map for 10 seconds before the client crashes.

Crashing after a couple minutes. Cities, home instance, guild halls. Will try open world if I can not crash long enough to finish gathering from my guild hall. Both my iMac 2017 on 10.14.6 as well as my macbook pro 2013 on 10.15.1. Interestingly I wasn't crashing for wintersday like so many I've read about. But I'm sure crashing every few minutes after lunar new year.

I also experienced multiple crashes while doing dailies tonight just after patch... Took me 5 tries just to kill 5 guards in WvW, crashed in friend's home instance, Guild Hall and in PvE.The game is not playable and it's the first time in years that I experience that many crashes after a patch on Mac OS X 10.15.2. I even had NO CRASH at all with Wintersday so I don't understand why now....

I sent all the crash reports so hopefully it will help the devs to find a cure for this.

Wow pvp is the worst. Managed to crash I think like 15 times in one very short match. Tried a different combination of settings each time. Low shaders was working pretty well for open world but nothing worked in pvp. Even a hint of another pvper on screen boom boom boom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm not crashing but the game keeps randomly minimizing since I moved our PC's to Windows 10. Happens 9 to 10 times over the course of 5 minutes then runs laggy and these are not slow machines. Resetting my router did nothing to help and it's 4 Windows 10 machines having the same issue. Seems to correlate with the festival release but that's over now and they are still doing it.

I have experienced an unusually high number of disconnects since the end of Lunar New Year. Tonight was extremely annoying, as I got disconnected in the middle of clearing Asgeir's Legacy, came back into a different instance and missed out on most of the loot. Something is not right, since I only rarely got disconnected before Lunar; now it's multiple times a day.