Mac Client Crashing After Lunar Year Update

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted about six hours ago, and I have a few observations and updates.

These things automatically cause the client to crash: using a weapon with footstep effects or heavy swing effects, using farming tools with animation effects, mounting or dismounting, engaging in combat of any type, and heavy user traffic areas.

These things usually cause the client to crash, but not always: Mesmer portals, dodge skills, crafting, regular farming skills, viewing another character on screen with any of the above (mounting, farming tools, weapon animations, others in combat, etc...), large npc presence, using waypoints.

As you could probably see, that doesn't leave a lot of room for anything, and I have crashed 5 seconds into the game at the earliest and 5 minutes at the latest. Please work to fix this quickly, I cannot do anything in-game in the meantime.

@Anslord.5427 said:I posted about six hours ago, and I have a few observations and updates.

These things automatically cause the client to crash: using a weapon with footstep effects or heavy swing effects, using farming tools with animation effects, mounting or dismounting, engaging in combat of any type, and heavy user traffic areas.

These things usually cause the client to crash, but not always: Mesmer portals, dodge skills, crafting, regular farming skills, viewing another character on screen with any of the above (mounting, farming tools, weapon animations, others in combat, etc...), large npc presence, using waypoints.

As you could probably see, that doesn't leave a lot of room for anything, and I have crashed 5 seconds into the game at the earliest and 5 minutes at the latest. Please work to fix this quickly, I cannot do anything in-game in the meantime.

I have also noticed this same behavior often viewing Necro Reapers, or using any of my Necro abilities. Particularly bad in any combat though watching someone in combat also causes crashes. In particular Necro skill Frozen Abyss, in Caledon Forest underwater. Any combat in Dry Top is very harsh. As well as the LNY event area absolute crash guarantee. Crashes in WVW given any combat. Sent in 90 logs so far lol. I WILL get my dailies done as well as the cursed LNY events...

@Glaswen.7926 said:because of this all the Mac users will miss out on a lot of content including LNY, which is partly timegated. Would be nice to get some sort of compensation for this clown fiesta!It would be nice if they gave us some kind of compensation or provided with Parallels Desktop ;) . The game is unplayable on Mac.

I experience the same issues as others: game randomly crashes on loading the map, around other players, when trying to use skills, and so on.

same here. constant crashes. doesn't matter where I'm at. longest I was able to play was by going to a guild hall where I was solo. even there it crashed after about 10 minutes. in any instance involving combat I had immediate crashes. visiting cities or non combat areas also resulted in hard crashes. I must have sent 50+ crash reports to ArenaNet today. looking at error logs, it appears the crashes are caused by "missing files". these files are sometimes "emotes" and sometimes "objects" while other times it seems to do with "shader" errors of being too small. I believe these three items are cause of the problem and perhaps a few files were not included in the new patch or perhaps a directory was inadvertently moved causing file linking to break (I have basic coding skills from years ago). hope this helps and look forward to a patch to solve these issues.

@Ol Nik.2518 said:It would be nice if they gave us some kind of compensation or provided with Parallels Desktop ;) . The game is unplayable on Mac.

I suspect that Parallels wouldn't work in every case because the resources would be still divided between 2 OSes launched at once ;-) and if they can't make the game playable on Mac or keep maintaining its client on same level as the Windows one, they shouldn't introduce the Mac client in the first place.

Correction. I reset game to best performance and it changed it to all low settings. Game still crashes.

@sweetheart.7954 said:Wvw and PVE both crash in less than a minute. I also noticed that my settings were automatically (not my doing) set to the very lowest settings on both my accounts making the game blurry AND still crashes. I tried to repair the game client but guess what happened....it crashed ?iMac 10.15.2

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/94315/mac-crashes-in-divinitys-reach-since-wintersday/p2

Appears to be renewed issue from this. PG 2 has dev response.>@Fire Attunement.9835 said:

I've got some good news for you! I just got an update from James: He found some solutions today and we are currently working on getting a hotfix to you ASAP. I'll have another update for you tomorrow. We know this is frustrating, so thank you all for being as patient as you can and for contributing so much information.(15th Jan 11.43am +8GMT) https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1136483#Comment_1136483

@"Mia.8695" said:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/94315/mac-crashes-in-divinitys-reach-since-wintersday/p2

Appears to be renewed issue from this. PG 2 has dev response.>@Fire Attunement.9835 said:

I've got some good news for you! I just got an update from James: He found some solutions today and we are currently working on getting a hotfix to you ASAP. I'll have another update for you tomorrow. We know this is frustrating, so thank you all for being as patient as you can and for contributing so much information.(15th Jan 11.43am +8GMT) https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1136483#Comment_1136483

sounds awesome. same thing happening here. It's so sad. I crash on any character, in DR or not. I can't even just do my dailies. (MAC)