Mac Crashes in Divinity's Reach since Wintersday?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak was pushing out the diagnostic that perhaps might be helping the developer to isolate the problems, given the most recent communication, but also seems to have thoroughly broken the client for at least every Mac user that posts and it is hard to imagine that it didn't break it for all Mac users across the board.

Any updates on when the fix is coming? Haven't been able to play at all since the Lunar event started. (Well, I can log in and just stand somewhere or get a few minutes into actual game play, start thinking it works now, and then it crashes again)

Very annoyed it took searching forums to find out it wasn't just me having the issue. Nothing on their "known issues" web page, nothing on their twitter. Wouldn't care too much if it was just the event that was broken, but the game being completely unplayable in all game modes sucks, and feels like it should be addressed a bit more publicly with information about what's happening or when to expect it working again. Saw the comment about a hot fix coming today and thought I'd be able to play by the afternoon, but seems not. Instead I just got an email this morning promoting the event I can't log into. :(

Is this issue for everyone that plays on mac? Certain models/operating systems? System requirements?

Hello, fellow crash-sufferers. We have four GW playing mac users at our house, and every single macbook (different years) crashes almost immediately after loading a character. We're so bummed not to get to enjoy the festival. I really wish they would make a gesture of compensation (come on, man!), but I have 0% expectation. Sigh...

Can I just note for people that Arenanet are on the west coast and having unattainable expectations for fixes helps nobody.. the first time I noticed this was after 6pm yesterday.. It's only just after lunch today.. When people complain about how long things take they should consider what time it is and where they are..

@Ezmyrelda.2810 said:Can I just note for people that Arenanet are on the west coast and having unattainable expectations for fixes helps nobody.. the first time I noticed this was after 6pm yesterday.. It's only just after lunch today.. When people complain about how long things take they should consider what time it is and where they are..

I've been talking to support about this since 9AM EST. and it definitely was not something they knew about right away. not blaming him/her or anyone of the support but they just got back to me a little while ago with this thread posted. so clearly they're working on it not just on west coast time

@"chamaeleont.2687" said:Any updates on when the fix is coming? Haven't been able to play at all since the Lunar event started. (Well, I can log in and just stand somewhere or get a few minutes into actual game play, start thinking it works now, and then it crashes again)

Very annoyed it took searching forums to find out it wasn't just me having the issue. Nothing on their "known issues" web page, nothing on their twitter. Wouldn't care too much if it was just the event that was broken, but the game being completely unplayable in all game modes sucks, and feels like it should be addressed a bit more publicly with information about what's happening or when to expect it working again. Saw the comment about a hot fix coming today and thought I'd be able to play by the afternoon, but seems not. Instead I just got an email this morning promoting the event I can't log into. :(

Is this issue for everyone that plays on mac? Certain models/operating systems? System requirements?

Yes, it's for nearly everyone on mac because it was a compiler update.. which yes.. broke things here.. but is probably a good idea because a new compiler generally means better performance, security, and stability. It should not mean different system requirements. I say shouldn't but I guess its in the docs that reqs may change.. ideally though this just means that what processes the engine is more efficient.

@jeffpiratesky.8925 said:

@Ezmyrelda.2810 said:Can I just note for people that Arenanet are on the west coast and having unattainable expectations for fixes helps nobody.. the first time I noticed this was after 6pm yesterday.. It's only just after lunch today.. When people complain about how long things take they should consider what time it is and where they are..

I've been talking to support about this since 9AM EST. and it definitely was not something they knew about right away. not blaming him/her or anyone of the support but they just got back to me a little while ago with this thread posted. so clearly they're working on it not just on west coast time

They didn't know that they updated their compiler? 9am east? this morning? because I noticed the problem.. found the post explaining that there had been a compiler update.. and decided to leave it alone for the night.. yesterday.. after 5.. Support didn't know about the compiler update? maybe.. devs didn't know? doubt it.

I sent in my first crash report late afternoon yesterday (first time I tried playing since the update). That was about 30h ago. So there should be an entire office work day somewhere in that, regardless of time zone. Of course the fix won't happen faster because more people are asking, but they could give an update on how they're progressing or if they have a time frame for when it should be resolved. After all it's quite a big issue; it's not a dynamic event stalling or something else where people can just do other content until it's fixed. The game is completely broken for seemingly everyone on mac.

@chamaeleont.2687 said:I sent in my first crash report late afternoon yesterday (first time I tried playing since the update). That was about 30h ago. So there should be an entire office work day somewhere in that, regardless of time zone. Of course the fix won't happen faster because more people are asking, but they could give an update on how they're progressing or if they have a time frame for when it should be resolved. After all it's quite a big issue; it's not a dynamic event stalling or something else where people can just do other content until it's fixed. The game is completely broken for seemingly everyone on mac.

Nearly 30 hours ago.. but admittedly after business hours.. Everyone needs time to sleep.. This absolutely cuts into their bottom line.. they are most likely working as hard as they can on it and taking time to tell us that there is no progress is removing time that they would actually be working on it.. I'm pretty sure a significant portion of their player base not being able to log in.. and therefore access TP in any stable way hurts their bottom line.. so they are probably paying it a lot of attention.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:I've got some good news for you! I just got an update from James: He found some solutions today and we are currently working on getting a hotfix to you ASAP. I'll have another update for you tomorrow. We know this is frustrating, so thank you all for being as patient as you can and for contributing so much information.

Any news on the update? Still can't play =(

Maybe it’s James day off and he’s enjoying some sunshine,

Really though, is there more than one dev working on this? Can we get another update plz

@Ezmyrelda.2810 said:

@chamaeleont.2687 said:I sent in my first crash report late afternoon yesterday (first time I tried playing since the update). That was about 30h ago. So there should be an entire office work day somewhere in that, regardless of time zone. Of course the fix won't happen faster because more people are asking, but they could give an update on how they're progressing or if they have a time frame for when it should be resolved. After all it's quite a big issue; it's not a dynamic event stalling or something else where people can just do other content until it's fixed. The game is completely broken for seemingly everyone on mac.

Nearly 30 hours ago.. but admittedly after business hours.. Everyone needs time to sleep.. This absolutely cuts into their bottom line.. they are most likely working as hard as they can on it and taking time to tell us that there is no progress is removing time that they would actually be working on it.. I'm pretty sure a significant portion of their player base not being able to log in.. and therefore access TP in any stable way hurts their bottom line.. so they are probably paying it a lot of attention.

No, calculating time zones that would have been around 9am on the west coast of the US. So absolutely during business hours yesterday, but that's not really relevant. I can't imagine that giving some sort of update will take a significant amount of time away from working the fix, or if it would even be the same person doing it. I have complete understanding that they're working on this and doing their best, we're just asking for information. The fix will come when they've solved it, in the meantime they can just let us know what to expect.