Unable to light fire crackers on springer mount.

I've only been playing a few months, and I don't have a skyscale yet. I see people doing the firecrackers on skyscales, but the springer is the only thing I have that can reach some of them, and it isn't working. I submitted a bug report, but I'd like to be able to do the event.

I don't think the mount is the issue. I have done it like that last year and saw players do it this year. Even on skyscale you cannot always just activate the ignite. It all depends on the angle youre positioned at, actually clicking on the firecracker, and it usually works if you stand just above or below it (without mount). In particular at the wooden arc and on the side of the ceiling of the pavilon (the bird wing).

The event also exists a while, even in the era without skyscales.

I take back every kind thing I've said in defense of this game in the last three months. At least in WoW, there's always SOMETHING that even the newest, most casual player can get, in every event. There's no way on earth, shy of buying a lot of gold and then buying envelopes at the trading post, that I'll ever get enough essences of luck to buy the shiny pet. I already bought $20 worth of chests and a mount this month, and WoW is only $15 a month.

They make things impossible with spending twice or better what Blizzard charges.This is beyond frustrating. It's foolish to play GW2.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Asenath.8694 said:So it's an activity that's gated behind having a skyscale. New people are just out of luck, both figuratively and literally.

Why even bother to put it in Divinity's Reach. It ought to be in Dragonfall.

Oh. The activity isn’t gated behind having a skyscale as it existed before the skyscale was even available.

Then how do I light the firecrackers that are above a planter and dangling from a statue, respectively?

@Asenath.8694 said:

@Asenath.8694 said:So it's an activity that's gated behind having a skyscale. New people are just out of luck, both figuratively and literally.

Oh. The activity isn’t gated behind having a skyscale as it existed before the skyscale was even available.

Then how do I light the firecrackers that are above a planter and dangling from a statue, respectively?

Jumping. Gliding. You have a mount, why not jump up? You can't interact while in the air, just land somewhere.

@Blocki.4931 said:

Jumping. Gliding. You have a mount, why not jump up? You can't interact while in the air, just land somewhere.

I was on the planter under the one hanging from the glass in the festival area. As far as I can tell the only way to light that is to get on top of the glass. On the one hand, yes, the springer might be able to get me up there, or I could glide from a higher vantage point. On the other hand, for all WoW might be an abysmally written grindfest with next to no character customization, at least every works there, and I've never had to post on a forum over what should be a straight forward daily quest.

I'm really infatuated with the look of this game, and I've put a lot of money into it. But simple things shouldn't be stupidly difficult.

I can imagine people will say "get gud", but retaining new players is important, and when you've just come from WoW, this is not how you do that.

@Asenath.8694 said:

I was on the planter under the one hanging from the glass in the festival area. As far as I can tell the only way to light that is to get on top of the glass. On the one hand, yes, the springer might be able to get me up there, or I could glide from a higher vantage point. On the other hand, for all WoW might be an abysmally written grindfest with next to no character customization, at least every
works
there, and I've never had to post on a forum over what should be a straight forward daily quest.

I'm really infatuated with the look of this game, and I've put a lot of money into it. But simple things shouldn't be stupidly difficult.

I can imagine people will say "get gud", but retaining new players is important, and when you've just come from WoW, this is not how you do that.

If by 'glass' you mean the big dome, you can run up it by starting at the end. Lighting Firecrackers is an event that precedes all Mounts, and even Gliding. You don't need a Mount (nor Gliding) to set off any of the Firecrackers.

I done all the firecrackers on a ftp acccountThe one below the big eagle you have to drop down and die and then ask people to revive you.

The on dangling from the beak in adventure mode you can just drop down on the side of the beak to get.

EditAnd as Inculpatus cedo.9234 said the one above the planter you have to be above on the glass to get.So either jump up with springer or go to the back side of dome and run on the glass untill you get to it.

I don't know if this would work as well but in Lion's Arch, NPC Klagg (near eastern ward waypoint) can give you an expiremental weapon. This gives you an expirimental rifle with a jump shot. So you may be able to get that (its free), go to Divinity, use said weapon to insta jump to the point you shoot at. There may be more items like this that could work. Asking a kind mesmer in example also works as they can set portals.

As for the pet bought with essences of luck... not every reward or achievement is there to complete in year 1. Some will take several years to get.

@Linken.6345 said:I done all the firecrackers on a ftp acccountThe one below the big eagle you have to drop down and die and then ask people to revive you.

You don't need to do that. From the firecracker above the planter, you can drop down the planter then jump on the railing and then run along the railing and jump to the platform under the eagle.