Guild Wars 2 Time Paradox?

lezbefriends.7516

@"Mortifera.6138" said:How are we celebrating the new Lunar Year when we've been in The Year of the Ascension for over 3 years now? Is PvP suddenly ignored by lore? Is no one bothered by this contradiction to the story?

I know this is just a troll post but:

Passage of time does not flow naturally in the Mists (to quote Rytlock during The Sacrifice: "I don't know how long I'd been looking. It's easy to lose track of time in the Mists." - for Tyrians, only a few months passed between Rytlock's disappearance and return; but for him, it could have been less... or more). This becomes especially true when you get to the Rift where the core of PvP happens, as the Rift is connected to all time and space.

In other words, "time" has no real meaning in the Mists, let alone in the Heart of the Mists (aka the Rift).

@"TheOrlyFactor.8341" said:When has PvP and/or WvW ever had an impact or bearing on the lore in PvE?

PvP/WvW does actually have lore. WvW's lore is primarily that it's three "alternate Tyrias" battling for resources. PvP's lore is of tournaments and matches between worlds taking place on fractals. In GW1, Heroes' Ascent was similarly setup, being tournaments held in honor of the Six Gods in the Hall of Heroes, the center of all existence that connects to all time and space.

However, you'd be right in saying that the lore background for PvP/WvW doesn't influence the main story or touch much of the world-building of Tyria itself very much/often (only PvP that did would be GvG and AB in GW1).