Glyph of Reaping not working [Merged]

That's not an accepted fix at all!!! I would not have bought the glyph with the currently nerfed functionality.

The glyph as purchased made the daily grind faster which brought it to an acceptable level of time investment.The more and more tokens and currencies they've added has just made the game a bore.GW2 simply isn't worth the time investment any more.That's why I've pretty much stopped playing the past two months.Beyond feeling cheated by the developers over selling an item and then removing functionality.

@Linken.6345 said:They have fixed it not the way some people me included wanted it but they dont see it was a problem.Now it work for owner not for the extras they take in to their home instance.

If you want the same functionality on alts then ( I dont recommend this) fill their home instances aswell.

btw... to follow your suggestion would cost 30K gold or $1,530 U.S. Not to mention all the grind in game play for currency tokens.That's a flat no! Soloing two guild halls for WvW was enough of grinding for me. Only to have WvW collapse and be left for dead by the developers anyway.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Today I have noticed non-consistent performance of the gathering tools with glyph of reaping - not working properly in Malchor's Leap wood farm location.

Sometimes collects all the wood in the area sometimes only a portion of them...

Anyone with similar observations ?

• Thanks 1

I have exactly the same issue, started more-less with the new festival patch. Random behavior of the gathering tools with Glyph Of Reaping. Most noticeable at Malchors Leap wood farm location. Sometimes I need to stand by one node take 3 swings and I am getting all the tress in this area (5 tree nodes x 3 elder woods) but sometimes I get only 9 elder woods and need to move to another tree node where I get additional 2 elder woods and need to move to another node where I get 4 elder woods. Talked to my guild members and many confirmed this as well. We reported this issue via Bug Report form built in the game. No reaction. Problems still persits...

hello GW2Forum, I can confirm the same observations. Glyph is clearly broken. What sia5149 wrote is exactly what I have seen too. If you try to report the problem via submitting the ticket, ArenaNet staff will ask you not to report it like that but instead to use in-game Bug Reporting system...confusing. I hope they investigate this.

Here is the video I recorded today and uploaded on YouTube. You can see exactly what the problem is: https://youtu.be/dhbUNwdqyh8

In this video you can see a character which uses glyph of reaping trying continuously to harvest the trees at Malchor's Leap elder wood nodes cluster. With more than 9 separate swings from the gathering tool at the nodes you can see that still not all of the trees were harvested - only 10 elder woods were harvested in this video instead of the expected 15 trees.

If glyph of reaping works correctly, 3 swings are what you need to harvest this entire node cluster (15-16 trees). Most of the elder wood farmers from my guild have exactly the same issue.

ArenaNet - please react to our posts. Can you confirm there is a problem and give us some information about upcoming solutions ?

Edited by nordpeak.9284
improved video

I have seen this too… but then after a while if I am static again the random behavior comes back. I have many alts parked there. What I do is to log in, press F and log out. This is what Glyph Of Reaping is supposed to do. With this new broken mechanics, it seems like you need to move around, equip/unequip your gathering tools, or change zone - in order for this to work as normal. Very weird… 

Another thread with players asking for help and reporting.

For almost 2 weeks, there has been no reaction from ANet, no confirmation of the problem, no forecast for delivering the solution

Meanwhile, in the last week Gem Store has been selling gathering tools with a broken glyph of reaping ...

How ironic...

One more guild member just posted a video about this here: - ArenaNet please react to this:

This time it was 1 tree left. Often is the other way around. 3 swings and only 1 tree down with the rest not harvested.

Edited by Ariane.2716

On 7/5/2021 at 10:57 AM, neosolar.6901 said:

Another thread with players asking for help and reporting.

For almost 2 weeks, there has been no reaction from ANet, no confirmation of the problem, no forecast for delivering the solution

Meanwhile, in the last week Gem Store has been selling gathering tools with a broken glyph of reaping ...

How ironic...

Anyone else observing the same problems ? Check this video example to see the issue:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...