Shining Aureate , weapons

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Batel.9206 said:I don't get it. What's the problem? Do the weapons look hideous or something...? (I have no idea what they look like; can't check in-game until later.)They're reskins, essentially just the Aureate weapons with a bit of color added. Then again, we already had the same thing with the Seraph/Golden Wing weapons, and the Mystic/Inquest weapons, so its not suprising.

That said I do like the staff, but Aureate staff was already one of the best in the game.

I find it amusing they decided to eliminate the water weapons for a mere reskin, that's just glorious..

Looking for a positive here, maybe this is a response to players complaining about everything they add being shiny and glittering and characters ending up looking like a light show? When I saw the name I just assumed they'd all be glowy weapons so it was a bit of a surprise to find there's no effects at all except for the ones the original weapons had.

The gold texture does look a bit weird on some of them though, especially the sword, axe and mace.

From now on, GW2 will be a long string of festivals that last for too long each, only to be broken up when they manage to squeeze out another underwhelming LW episode. Do not forget we also have the new World Boss Rush and the Destabilized Magic event to fill up any gaps that may fall in between.

Whether or not it's bright or not is not the problem.(Everybody should want them to come out with brightt weapons because a bright version and just a normal model + an aura and a shader. They can still release both versions, that's twice as much skin with little development.)For me the big problem with these weapons is that it's 2020 and guild wars 2 is what it is, it's skinwars and if there's no rewards that make you want to play the game, which are pretty skins.People won't play. Here we have sloppy work, halloween and winter weapons, they are what they are, we like or dislike them but they are portable and well reworked.Here they're coming out of 15 year old models, filthy textures. Even phone games have prettier assets.

And next to that they make mythical weapons that are sublime and hidden that can't be bought individually, that are not even visible in the skin bank.The communication again is disastrous to focus on the ugliest thing while behind a cupboard there are beautiful things hidden.

I'm sorry I logged in, I saw those weapons, the shoulder pads, the back, I logged out. When you've done all the content of the game several times, there's more than just the hits or the skins and if they're not up to the task, you stop.(I don't understand why they always put statues on the back, it's ugly, nobody uses them, put out different bags with different designs, Pokemon does it, why not you).

At one point you have to look at the competition when you see Monster hunter, the quality oki it's not a mmorpg, but the fucking quality is light years away.If anet can't release something that makes you want to, it's not worth it, it's bad for the image of the game and for the studio.When you look at it as a reward image in 2020, and next to the conference that has nothing to do with pokemon, pokemon is 1000 times more desirable than GW2.

It's really sad for this game, I loveit, but they've been making mistakes for years and years, getting deeper and deeper.Less and less people are talking about GW2, whether it's good or bad.

I didn't like this festival (Lunar New Year). I was recovering from the disappointments of the Wintersday Festival and boom! another festival arrives (worse, empty and disappointing). I recreated the strength to then make the daily conquests, but apparently I will not have the trouble of wasting time, since it is about such simple weapon skins. I prefer to use the normal Aureate Weapons anyway, thanks.(We wait for the annual festivals and when we arrive, we only receive disappointment).Coming soon Super Adventura Box !!!!

@Lamont.5973 said:Since the new wintersday weapons were redye/reskins of warden weapons this kind of fits the pattern of using old skins for festivals. i don't really mind it although I am not a fan of this particular color scheme

I don't think them being reskins is the problem. I like them, they don't look bad. I just feel like there could have been more done to them, with the name shining, I think a lot of people were expecting some actual shine. In this case it's clear that the shine was referring to the gold coloring they added.

@Blocki.4931 said:Better than nothing. We can't dye weapons and this is an easy and effective way of making use of some older skins and adding rewards to festivals that have absolutely no reason to be as long as they are.

Oh god that blind positivity makes me sick, like if anybody uses those weapons anyway... wouldn't you prefer if they actually do some real work on the game instead?!