Lag on gw2

I've been having lag on gw2 connecting to both website and in game maps and when I use traceroute it ends up with messages with problems on
Packets PingsHost Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev

1. ae-1-3101.ear1.Frankfurt1.Level3 83.3% 13 19.3 20.6 19.3 22.0 1.9I've contacted my ISP in Croatia and they say basically they can't do anything about it cause its in Germany and I can go complain to someone else. Is there a way to solve this without VPN or are we just not to play GW2 till further notice if we're running through that server?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Many players seem to have issue with that Tier 1 Backbone. You may need to use a VPN, or wait until it is fixed. Your ISP should be able to speak to those that service that backbone, but if they won't, there's not a lot you can do. ArenaNet may try to speak to them.

Good luck.

i was hoping that anet would do it cause my ISP told me to get lost XD also im not sure if a free vpn would even be enough and + it usually ended up being hella laggy

Anet can't and will not do anything, your ISP is the backbone providers client and then you are the ISPs client. Your ISP CAN change your routing depending on that hop, that can forward to something else in most cases, however, getting them to do that will be a battle. Also, if they do change it, longer ping times might be seen. The only case they might not be able to change your routing is if they are not a real ISP and just a reseller. You can also try using a SOCKS Proxy or VPN, a SOCKS proxy is just a middle man and if your connection to them uses a different hop, it should solve the problem, good ones will be paid however. Same with VPNs, however most VPNs are more resource intensive as they encrypt data etc. Good paid versions should add minimal lag, but there will be more added in most cases. If it is still playable, well, you will have to use one and find out, Private Internet Access is a good VPN provider, you also get a SOCKS5 proxy with the account, as well as something like 50 server locations around the world to pick from.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:Anet can't and will not do anything, your ISP is the backbone providers client and then you are the ISPs client. Your ISP CAN change your routing depending on that hop, that can forward to something else in most cases, however, getting them to do that will be a battle. Also, if they do change it, longer ping times might be seen. The only case they might not be able to change your routing is if they are not a real ISP and just a reseller. You can also try using a SOCKS Proxy or VPN, a SOCKS proxy is just a middle man and if your connection to them uses a different hop, it should solve the problem, good ones will be paid however. Same with VPNs, however most VPNs are more resource intensive as they encrypt data etc. Good paid versions should add minimal lag, but there will be more added in most cases. If it is still playable, well, you will have to use one and find out, Private Internet Access is a good VPN provider, you also get a SOCKS5 proxy with the account, as well as something like 50 server locations around the world to pick from.

well my isp tells me they cant do anything about it even though its A1 cause as i stated the server is in a foreign country (germany), Im not interested in VPNs so im guessing i just wont be playing gw2 till further notice XD