Shining Aureate , weapons

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reskinning things is fine if you're applying the same level of effort to the new skins and if you're choosing sets that are popular.

I find it strange that Wintersday reskinned the Verdant weapon set which is clunky and unpolished instead of the Warden weapon set, which is sleek and refined. Additionally, the Rimed Verdant set we received had full color changes, bows, and other tweaks made whereas the Shining Aureate weapons are extremely basic to the point where they feel like wasted effort.

Like my complaint with the Rimed set, I'm also bummed they didn't go with the tier 3 Seraph set instead of the tier 2 Aureate we got. It's a strange choice, and aesthetically just isn't as satisfying.

@kraai.7265 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Better than nothing. We can't dye weapons and this is an easy and effective way of making use of some older skins and adding rewards to festivals that have absolutely no reason to be as long as they are.

Oh god that blind positivity makes me sick, like if anybody uses those weapons anyway... wouldn't you prefer if they actually do some real work on the game instead?!

It's not blind positivity. It's making the best of what we got. Most of the people posting are not happy with this set but that doesn't mean the handful of people that find some value in the set shouldn't post thier opinion. I am glad to see a set with a different color scheme precisely because we cannot dye weapons. Do I like this particular color scheme? Not really, but I'm glad some people are getting to enjoy it. Hopefully the next set released with a festival reaches more players.

@lokh.2695 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Gotta admit, I was disappointed when I saw the set too.

Still gonna collect them but yeah I highly doubt I will actually use them.

There's not even a collection to go with as there were with the other Festival skins. Sure one can collect them, but it's odd that they forgot to also give this set a collection.

Not really, only 1 set has a collection associate it if the sourse is from the dailies, and that is the red sab weapons. Haunted, gift wrapped, sovereign, and holographic all do not have collection and are obtained from festival dailies. The new festival collection drop from chest you get from the bags of the event. Because lunar new year has no real bag farm, because the red evolopes drop way to much gold, probably very few people could even get 1k red envelopes to get guarantee drop. This would drive the collection cost into the thousands instead of the few hundreds the Halloween and winterdays actually cost.Yes the weapons are at a much lower quality compared to the sab, sovereign, haunted, holographic and gifted weapons, but the lack of collection is consistent.Edit: i am predicting dragon bash will have a weapon set added to coffers, you will get a guarantee chest from 1 k coffers opened, and it will be the arah set recolored.

Disappointed... But not surprised.

The reskins of the Ascalonian weapons for the Halloween set were actually on point, as are the Wrapped Wintersday weapons as they're on theme, this 'Shining Aureate' set is laughable, they're so low res, it's baffling Anet wouldn't at least update that from the original.

@lokh.2695 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Gotta admit, I was disappointed when I saw the set too.

Still gonna collect them but yeah I highly doubt I will actually use them.

There's not even a collection to go with as there were with the other Festival skins. Sure one can collect them, but it's odd that they forgot to also give this set a collection.

Yea, still better to collect them when you can so you don't end up wasting an account or weapon unlock on one.

@Elric.4713 said:These weapons depict exactly what Guild Wars 2 has turned into.

Honestly, this is a deeply disrespectful comment. We get far more skins ingame than years ago, we can earn them through playing and more interactive collections than before. This was completely unheard of not too long ago. Now we get a new armor and weapon set almost every release. Giving us recolors for repeating content such as festivals is a great way to add rewards without shitting on the teams that are occupied working on stuff we get in episodes.

@Valandil Dragonhart.2371 said:

@Elric.4713 said:These weapons depict exactly what Guild Wars 2 has turned into.

Honestly, this is a deeply disrespectful comment.Doesn't mean it's wrong.

If you are so salty about the game maybe leave? Posting disrespectful comments does -nothing- good for you.

And while the new ones are less than thrilling, and i agree they could be given a texture update and some shining textures, theres no reason to be rude.

@Dante.1763 said:

Honestly, this is a deeply disrespectful comment.Doesn't mean it's wrong.

If you are so salty about the game maybe leave? Posting disrespectful comments does -nothing- good for you.

And while the new ones are less than thrilling, and i agree they could be given a texture update and some shining textures, theres no reason to be rude.

This type of attitude is what really going to kill the game. It is an absolute fact that this is the lowest quality of the festival weapon sets, i refer you to haunted, super, holographic, sovereign and gift wrapped weapons. Dismissing legitimate concerns of lack of quality with remarks of just leave the game is just toxic, and will only lead to a ingame population who only want mediocrity, which will soon leave when a shinier game come out.

Wow, but if there was no weapon set released with this festival your responses would have been?... I'm happy they are trying to release a weapon set with every festival. I go for the ones I like and don't go for the ones I dislike. I'm sure they have data for which sets players are actually trying to get. The difference in price of the halloween ones versus the wintersday ones illustrates that the playerbase responds to what they do and don't like. If sets keep coming out that most players don't try and get we can start screaming about the end of Tyria... or just keep playing because we went what, 7 years without these festivals having weapon sets and the game kept running. That was with a massive content drought from the esports focus. We have NOT seen a content drought like that since. How about we chill and revisit this topic once all the festivals have released a weapon set.

@"AgentMoore.9453" said:Reskinning things is fine if you're applying the same level of effort to the new skins and if you're choosing sets that are popular.

I find it strange that Wintersday reskinned the Verdant weapon set which is clunky and unpolished instead of the Warden weapon set, which is sleek and refined. Additionally, the Rimed Verdant set we received had full color changes, bows, and other tweaks made whereas the Shining Aureate weapons are extremely basic to the point where they feel like wasted effort.

Like my complaint with the Rimed set, I'm also bummed they didn't go with the tier 3 Seraph set instead of the tier 2 Aureate we got. It's a strange choice, and aesthetically just isn't as satisfying.But they couldn't reskin the Seraph weapons as "shining" because a golden set already exists from dungeons.. :p

@"Hannelore.8153" said:But they couldn't reskin the Seraph weapons as "shining" because a golden set already exists from dungeons.. :p

It's true that there is a gold set of Seraph weapons, and there's also an "evil" set of Warden weapons, but this only highlights the need for a reskin to be unique. I wouldn't mind having 12 different sets of the same kind of weapon model as long as they were distinct and attractive.

Either the reskin is minor, but part of a popular set with nice textures, or the reskin is majorly different from whatever skin it is based on; those are my criteria for a satisfying addition of a skin to the wardrobe.

This whole mess could have been avoided and streamlined with a weapon recoloring system, but the company has made it clear that they either can't or won't do that. What you'll have instead is weird attempts spread across a bunch of different skins and with varying quality and methods of acquiring them.

@"Super Hayes.6890" said:if there was no weapon set released with this festival your responses would have been?

Honestly, a shrug.

I fully expected them to put rat decorations up, add a rat backpack, and maybe a new mini to the vendor. I don't expect very much from festivals. I do, however, expect more from an achievement that asks you to log in every single day of the festival and play the content in order to max out the loot you receive from repeating every 5 days. The shiny you get from dedicating that kind of effort shouldn't have been so unpolished compared to weapons like the Haunted set.

Sometimes, if you love a game, you have to let the makers know when they goof. This was a goof.

So it shows that they can do changes like this quiet quickly. Which means new weapons or revamping old ones should take that long at all.Aka.. They could easily revamp old Dungeon weapons as a new form of reward and make dungeons active again