change stealth

appelflap.8310

Hi anet it's time for you guys to change stealth, i'm tired of getting 1 shotted by thiefs in wvw just because i can't dodge what i can't see. Im talking about thiefs literally waiting for ppl to come by and backstab them for 15-18k on daredevil. Mesmers can stealth and 1 shot too but you can see the burst damage coming if the mesmer is in stealth since they need clones up and mirrorblade animation is visible even when the mesmer is stealth. My point is that mesmers have to use 3+ skills to even 1 shot wich gives space for counterplay since you can see burst coming from stealth, thief only needs 1 skill for the 1 shot and you can't even see the burst coming from stealth. Ofcourse other classes can go stealth too but they can't 1 shot with 1 skill that isn't even visible.

So can you just change this, look at other MMO's if you're clueless but this is just not fun if there is no counterplay to it. Either make thief backstab visible when they're stealth so ppl can actually counter them or change stealth, like give ppl in stealth damage over time or idk

@appelflap.8310 said:another one? i want this game to be fixed. i can go and play thief too in wvw but it's just too cheesy over there

Permastealth is definitely cheese but so is 90% of the builds and rotations people use on their preferred class so.... permastealth is just king of the hill in the cheese mountain that is gw2 these days. If u think nerfing stealth will FIX this game u need to pay more attention and broaden ur view.

Exactly and it's been like this for way too long without any changes to stealth. I really believe a good amount of damage over time when ppl are in stealth longer then 2 seconds should fix that problem. Ofcourse shadow's rejuvenation should get nerfed too because at the moment perma stealth thiefs get rewarded for going stealth? Give me a reason why i shouldn't play thief in wvw for roaming lol

@appelflap.8310 said:Exactly and it's been like this for way too long without any changes to stealth. I really believe a good amount of damage over time when ppl are in stealth should fix that problem. Ofcourse shadow's rejuvenation should get nerfed too because at the moment perma stealth thiefs get rewarded for going stealth? Give me a reason why i should play thief in wvw lol

Stealth is where it needs to be in the cheese fest that the game is these days, if it was nerfed thieves that rely on stealth as a defensive and offensive mechanic would be free food. If games gets major overhaul and majorly depowercrept and hopefully somewhat depowercheesed than think about nerfing stealth or changing it.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:thiefs need to loose this damage capability

Add stealth to assassin shiro, if target survivies shiro rev won’t stelth.

XD

Lol

The problem is that was designed to work way to easy while it’s counters are just bad coding as some skill following target trough stealth.

It can work how it works but the way that was added to create damage gimmicks its the issue.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

XD

Lol

The problem is that was designed to work way to easy while it’s counters are just bad coding as some skill following target trough stealth.

It can work how it works but the way that was added to create damage gimmicks its the issue.

Yeah but what u just described is the thief class as a whole. A class created and designed to utilize gimmicks to aply damage. This is the whole reason why in every single mmo forum page the rogue class of that mmo gets these exact complaints. Did u think this mmo would be a different approach to the archetype?Also all that aside every class has a few bandwagon meta builds that relies on gimmicky cheese rotations that everyone applies. I can just admit it lol. When I play dp thief I'm almost permastealth and my back stabs either one shot or close to most specs other than bunker builds and I kno its cheese but its effective for me just like the builds and rotations others use. If u seriously think about the classes/ builds uve fought recently u can't tell me they all don't try and use some cheese gimmick rotation. It's what gw2 is now. Players just don't want to admit that their build and rotations are cheese filled as well, just as everyone is OP but their class lol

I somewhat agree with OP, the way stealth is implemented in GW2 makes for toxic gameplay. The power creep has only made it worse. The thing is that to change stealth they will need to rebuild every class that relies on it heavily from the ground up. I doubt it will ever happen. We'll see what the next balance patch brings in terms of toning down overall damage in competitive modes. I hope they look into how to fix the build template abuse in WvW. Build for perma stealth weak dps, sneak up on target, click click to change to a high DPS burst build, 1 shot from stealth, get OoC and click click back into perma stealth. I'm suing the perma stealth example here but every class is abusing templates at the moment.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

XD

Lol

Yeah but what u just described is the thief class as a whole. A class created and designed to utilize gimmicks to aply damage. This is the whole reason why in every single mmo forum page the rogue class of that mmo gets these exact complaints. Did u think this mmo would be a different approach to the archetype?Also all that aside every class has a few bandwagon meta builds that relies on gimmicky cheese rotations that everyone applies. I can just admit it lol. When I play dp thief I'm almost permastealth and my back stabs either one shot or close to most specs other than bunker builds and I kno its cheese but its effective for me just like the builds and rotations others use. If u seriously think about the classes/ builds uve fought recently u can't tell me they all don't try and use some cheese gimmick rotation. It's what gw2 is now. Players just don't want to admit that their build and rotations are cheese filled as well, just as everyone is OP but their class lol

Even i started to play lamer builds... if I want to win, condi bunker wining in 1 vs 5 due how easy mobility and condi damage works, and how easy is to condi burst targets.

Gameplay need to be improved, classes need to do less overall, and thief is not an assassin :p

@Aeolus.3615 said:

XD

Lol

Even i started to play lamer builds... if I want to win, condi bunker wining in 1 vs 5 due how easy mobility and condi damage works, and how easy is to condi burst targets.

Gameplay need to be improved, classes need to do less overall, and thief is not an assassin :p

Lol anets confused on thief I think to be honest. Caltrops, smoke screen, trait names at least most and the picks in trickery line and crit strikes are mostly all of ninja's, rfi,withdrawl, shadowstep , actually most utility skills plus elite are pics of ninja's lol and one elite spawn what are clearly ninja's and puts thief above thier heads lol and ninja's were stealth...... . No? Lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@appelflap.8310 said:Exactly and it's been like this for way too long without any changes to stealth. I really believe a good amount of damage over time when ppl are in stealth should fix that problem. Ofcourse shadow's rejuvenation should get nerfed too because at the moment perma stealth thiefs get rewarded for going stealth? Give me a reason why i should play thief in wvw lol

Stealth is where it needs to be in the cheese fest that the game is these days, if it was nerfed thieves that rely on stealth as a defensive and offensive mechanic would be free food. If games gets major overhaul and majorly depowercrept and hopefully somewhat depowercheesed than think about nerfing stealth or changing it.

Evade spell is your answer to defensive skills .Funny that you whined about HoT Ele having too much evades ... and you forget all the time for theives :P

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

XD

Lol

Lol anets confused on thief I think to be honest. Caltrops, smoke screen, trait names at least most and the picks in trickery line and crit strikes are mostly all of ninja's, rfi,withdrawl, shadowstep , actually most utility skills plus elite are pics of ninja's lol and one elite spawn what are clearly ninja's and puts thief above thier heads lol and ninja's were stealth...... . No? Lol

So thief dont need damage .... this is his point :P

Still you have unistalled the game and still posting ehh ?:P

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

XD

Lol

ANET imo with the skill stuff should rework thief be more based on rouge gameplay, they tried to make an improved easier to play version of gw1 canthan assassin.

Anet to remake gw1 assassin should come on rev actually some sorta Nika and Vizu legends with daggers.

Thief needs to behave more like a rouge.

Problem with thief is just the same as any other gimmick gameplay and fixing this behavior is only good for the game.

@Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Evade spell is your answer to defensive skills .Funny that you whined about HoT Ele having too much evades ... and you forget all the time for theives :P

XD

Lol

Theres a huge difference about what I was complaining about,weaver can have crazy sustain thru evades barriers etc all while bursting and farting out burns that burst hard for the sustain they have. It's funny as time went on I was far from only one who believes that as alot of higher tier players now state ele being top sidenoder or strongest spec(weaver) in the game lol.This falls into the thief op and weavers not which is ur class is OP and mines not territory:) so...

XD

Lol

Oh so now they don't need damage? Lmaoman u guys and ur thief hate bias agenda gets even more amusing

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

XD

Lol

Theres a huge difference about what I was complaining about,weaver can have crazy sustain thru evades barriers etc all while bursting and farting out burns that burst hard for the sustain they have. It's funny as time went on I was far from only one who believes that as alot of higher tier players now state ele being top sidenoder or strongest spec(weaver) in the game lol.This falls into the thief op and weavers not which is ur class is OP and mines not territory:) so...

Ewww barrier is another wrong story in this game Ç_Ç

@Aeolus.3615 said:

XD

Lol

Exactly! No matter what class u play in the state the games in everyone rolls the cheesiest build and uses the cheesiest rotations possible even if it's less fun to use than others because it's what needs to be played to be effective against all the other cheese being played, thieves are no different

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

XD

Lol

Theres a reason why the majority whine about thiefs and less about mesmers and weavers .Because the 2 latter , you have to play some piano - have some skills :P

Why when you try to defend yourself always mention the high lvl players ?Did they whine that the Mesmer should burst only for 25% of your hp from stealth ? But for thiefs is ok ?Or when the d/d thief condition spec was used , did they defend it saying it has only 2 Conditions and its easy to cleanse ? But now they whine about HoT eles single burn Condition and they Quited ?

So ?

Theres upon a time some peaple that played a specific class at lanch , and did the same thing and later on the cried about powercreep and left . :P

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

XD

Lol

Exactly! No matter what class u play in the state the games in everyone rolls the cheesiest build and uses the cheesiest rotations possible even if it's less fun to use than others because it's what needs to be played to be effective against all the other cheese being played, thieves are no different

True, but meta should be based on gameplay tactics not rush towards cheese builds, even the most cheese builds back in gw1 had counters.

In gw1 cheese builds needed to work as a team to be cheese, a decent group with game knowledge could stop or reduce enemy cheese performance and put their skill at check.

Gw2 is rush to cheese, the gap between cheese and acceptable is far to big, wich results in less players skill needed to find overperformance momentum’s most time team work is zero.

This is how one’s fail at creating a pvp game.

XD

Lol

Theres a reason why the majority whine about thiefs and less about mesmers and weavers .Because the 2 latter , you have to play some piano - have some skills :P

Why when you try to defend you always mention the high lvl players ?Did they whine that the Mesmer should burst only for 25% of your hp from stealth ?But for thiefs is ok ?Or when the d/d thief condition spec was used , did they defend it saying it has only 2 Conditions and its easy to cleanse ? Did also they whine about HoT eles single burn Condition and they Quited ?

So ?

Nope! I've played weaver,not that hard sry. No excuse to be broken. Also I've stated I think pw is to loaded and skill viability needs to be spread better across thief kits to help eliminate the spammy nature of their playstyle. But in the end pressing one button 3 doesn't matter if a build or skill is broken its broken. Anyway most of the reply's I've gotten from u come of as mostly biased and argumentative and quite frankly ur not really worth arguing with but thanks for trying to turn the thread that way as u can see everyone here was able to disagree and post without trying to troll :)