Trailer for Episode 2 released

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Zexanima.7851" said:Am I watching the same trailer as other people? This just looks really bland to me. It's like I'm watching people get excited over saltine crackers. I'm not saying anything to the actual content, but the trailer leaves me feeling like "It looks 'okay' I guess..."

This is how i see it. not any actual content. No new fractal, no new raid, no new meta map like dragonstand. Instead we got 1 new strike which most likely is a cakewalk as so many complained about boneskinner and 1 new world boss which most likely is like every other world boss aka stack here and press 1 few minutes.Even the mastery looked lame, its a fucking portal to get from place X to place Y. It wont serve any actual purpose exept that its most likely tries to time gate a story a bit.

So true norn have part of another entitys' spirit inside them- shout out to schizophrenics? Bad taste i know, but there isn't much to compare it to apart from demonic possession...

The raven armour set looks very bland, but the weapons are good. Looks like i'll do that boreal weap achieve after all...

@Funky.4861 said:So true norn have part of another entitys' spirit inside them- shout out to schizophrenics? Bad taste i know, but there isn't much to compare it to apart from demonic possession...

The raven armour set looks very bland, but the weapons are good. Looks like i'll do that boreal weap achieve after all...

Schizophrenia is extreme paranoia. What you're thinking of is multiple personality disorder.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:T3 upgrade of the weapons I salvaged or mystic forged. Why do I know I'll need the actual weapon to t3 it now. Hopefully I'm wrong. Looks fun. The complain threads already out in full force tho. Nothing new there

This is how I'm hoping it will work:

Once you have the second tier weapon skin unlocked - even if you salvaged the weapon - the final upgraded version will be available for purchase at the vendor for map currency etc.. So you still need to acquire the restored boreal weapons, but the second tier weapon won't actually be needed for crafting. Kind of like the blossoming mist shard armor from episode 6 last season.

Guess we'll find out in 12 days, but I'm still going to crossing my fingers.

As for the rest of the trailer, I think it looks good. I tend to not have high expectations about game releases, but I'm looking forward to playing this episode and seeing Bjora Marches expand.

@Esterie.7409 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:T3 upgrade of the weapons I salvaged or mystic forged. Why do I know I'll need the actual weapon to t3 it now. Hopefully I'm wrong. Looks fun. The complain threads already out in full force tho. Nothing new there

This is how I'm hoping it will work:

Once you have the second tier weapon skin unlocked - even if you salvaged the weapon - the final upgraded version will be available for purchase at the vendor for map currency etc.. So you still need to acquire the restored boreal weapons, but the second tier weapon won't
actually
be needed for crafting. Kind of like the blossoming mist shard armor from episode 6 last season.

Guess we'll find out in 12 days, but I'm still going to crossing my fingers.

As for the rest of the trailer, I think it looks good. I tend to not have high expectations about game releases, but I'm looking forward to playing this episode and seeing Bjora Marches expand.

I’m hoping that whatever they do, it’ll require players to have the T2 weapon and there will be a collection for the T3 so that I can cash out all of my eitrite ingots.

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:looking forward to seeing how drakkar fairs. If the trailer is hinting at braham becoming more of what ppl feel lacks from gw2 norm then thats a plus on my book and the weapon set looks nice.

Also, Thats not drakkar, drakkar looks nothing like that. It a cool looking boss ill give you that but thats not Drakkar

The boss at the end is Drakkar. Theyve been toying with different models, so a deviation is expected. Plus it says Drakkar in the trailer when it appears, unless you refer to a diff boss I missed?

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Then one day a Braham appeared,with powers of Raven, Leopard, Raven and Bear...

This seems oddly familiar:

Bring it. :#

Due to forum restrictions, I am only allowed to give a single thumbs up, but bringing Bravestarr into conversation deserves so much more, so here it is;

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

@XatraZaytrax.2601 said:I think it's just you

Do GW2 players really just accept this as exciting content announcements? I'm not talking to if what's actually in the update is good, haven't played it so I cant speak to it, just the trailer. Compared with other games this just seems like a saltine cracker. Like, I can eat it but I'm not going to be excited about it. Its like the kind of content I would expect from a regular update in other games as apposed to what amounts to a DLC-ish release. Idk man, saltine crackering me here.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

Do GW2 players really just accept this as exciting content announcements? I'm not talking to if what's actually in the update is good, haven't played it so I cant speak to it, just the trailer. Compared with other games this just seems like a saltine cracker. Like, I can eat it but I'm not going to be excited about it. Its like the kind of content I would expect from a regular update in other games as apposed to what amounts to a DLC-ish release. Idk man, saltine crackering me here.

No we don't accept it as exciting content, we accept it as the content we're getting.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

More content than ESO. There are just some players that have unrealistic expectations for the amount of content and/or hoping for content in areas of the game that they play.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

More content than ESO. There are just some players that have unrealistic expectations for the amount of content and/or hoping for content in areas of the game that they play.

I'm not expecting an xpac drop every other month but I at least want something interesting that feels creative. What happened to neat masteries akin to mushrooms and gliding? Now they just open chests and portals. What happened to maps that were branded scorched deserts and deep overgrown jungles? Now it's just like, some cold woods. Idk, they said expansion level content and it looks like saltine crackers to me.

@"Randulf.7614" said:It's too early to judge. Judge it when it has been played not before

I'm not judging the content of the update on its quality. I'm just saying, from the trailer, I'm not hype. Simple as that. It doesn't look creative to me, it doesn't look "expansion level", it just seems to be more of the usual.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

I'm not expecting an xpac drop every other month but I at least want something interesting that feels creative. What happened to neat masteries akin to mushrooms and gliding? Now they just open chests and portals. What happened to maps that were branded scorched deserts and deep overgrown jungles? Now it's just like, some cold woods. Idk, they said expansion level content and it looks like saltine crackers to me.

You just have different personal preferences.