Is WvW still quite active?

DoRi Silvia.4159

It really depends on how you define "dead" or "active". I think that is something that is lost on alot of people when they discuss that stuff here. The game mode still has people in it, it will continue to have people in it when it is effectively "dead". The question is rather what those people do and how that affects everybody else. If things devolve to a 2012 state there may still be people around who do what people did back then but there may not be much drive within the community to rebuild something more from there, a drive that existed in 2012.

The dramatic change that the mode has seen is not in population it is in demographics. A typical pickup group is not smaller today than a couple of years ago but a squad that had perhaps 10 different tags in it a couple of years ago has 45 different tags in it today. That implies a couple of important things when it comes to amounts of available commanders, production of new commanders, the content in the process of producing new commanders, the ease of getting into commanding or the frustrations of continued commanding with more micromanagement required and less self-reliance available.

Well I must say, past few days I been on has been not too bad considering I am 11 hours ahead of the server time .

Had 1 day where I got into a 50+ man squad, the rest either had no tags or 15-25 man squads which was still good enough for me.My question has been answered it is still well and alive but I need to find a server more suited for my timezone