800-900 changes in ~March 2020.

Svarty.8019

@Kontrolle.3514 said:chances are pretty high, that they just murder the gamemode once and for all if they force to much players to change thier prefered playstyle, class or build.

This is my fear, too. I think they're doing the right thing and it'll be healthy for the game in the long run to nerf the crazy one-shotting. But to make it so players have to be GOOD in order to kill enemies rather than just run crazy one-shot builds will mean some, less skilled, people (probably me) can NEVER get revenge anymore - and that will probably drive them away.

@Svarty.8019 said:

@Kontrolle.3514 said:chances are pretty high, that they just murder the gamemode once and for all if they force to much players to change thier prefered playstyle, class or build.

This is my fear, too. I think they're doing the right thing and it'll be healthy for the game in the long run to nerf the crazy one-shotting. But to make it so players have to be GOOD in order to kill enemies rather than just run crazy one-shot builds will mean some, less skilled, people (probably me) can NEVER get revenge anymore - and that will probably drive them away.

Yes the oneshot thing is pretty annoying as it is the permastealth.But somehow Anet and people here, came to the conclusion it would be good to nerf firebrand support. Apparantly no one wants to have good fights in this game. Just quick loot. Maybe its time for WvW to die.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:hope this the balance patch to adjust the game to the new Elite Specs on the way.

uh... what? xd

Actually was thinking along the same lines. They always do a major balance patch prior to new elites. And if we have new elites showing up around EP3 then this would be about the timing for it. They did say they are releasing expansion content during this LW, and elites are what expansions are about so to me this might be another indicator. Add to that the datamined icons that were elite-style icons and ....it could be. We need new elites to keep things fresh.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:hope this the balance patch to adjust the game to the new Elite Specs on the way.

uh... what? xd

Actually was thinking along the same lines. They always do a major balance patch prior to new elites.

When did we get something as massive as this is supposed to be?

And if we have new elites showing up around EP3 then this would be about the timing for it. They did say they are releasing expansion content during this LW, and elites are what expansions are about so to me this might be another indicator.

Wishful thinking imo, but wouldn't complain if I were wrong.

Add to that the datamined icons that were elite-style icons and ....it could be. We need new elites to keep things fresh.

What icons?(nvm, you probably mean the grey weapon hexagons)

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

uh... what? xd

Actually was thinking along the same lines. They always do a major balance patch prior to new elites.

When did we get something as massive as this is supposed to be?

And if we have new elites showing up around EP3 then this would be about the timing for it. They did say they are releasing expansion content during this LW, and elites are what expansions are about so to me this might be another indicator.

Wishful thinking imo, but wouldn't complain if I were wrong.

Add to that the datamined icons that were elite-style icons and ....it could be. We need new elites to keep things fresh.

What icons?

(nvm, you probably mean the grey weapon hexagons)

Yup to the above on the icons. Remembering balance patches prior to HoT and then again prior to PoF. I think both were stated somewhere along the lines to better define the classes role. Which after we got the HoT elites made more sense. Saw similar with PoF but people knew what that was about after HoT's pattern. Again could be overthinking this but fits the pattern.

@"Eddbopkins.2630" said:With changes this big. I can't believe there won't be another expansion. 7 years and the only times they've done changes this big is only when expansions are going to happen. So I'm calling it. Expansion announcement before the end of the year.

People keep crying about power creep, too much dmg and anet not listening. Then when anet listens and decides to make a massive re-balance patch to lower the dmg (amongs other things), it's immediately seen as an expansion preparation.There won't be an expansion anytime soon (if ever), calling it now.

Also "expansion announcement before the end of the year"? It's barely january, you sure give your "prediction" a lot of wiggle room :lol:

• Confused 1

@"Sobx.1758" said:Then when anet listens and decides to make a massive re-balance patch to lower the dmg (amongs other things), it's immediately seen as an expansion preparation.

Is "lower the dmg" something that Anet directly said as a goal for this coming balance patch, or is it your own interpretation or wish?

@Zok.4956 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:Then when anet listens and decides to make a massive re-balance patch to lower the dmg (amongs other things), it's immediately seen as an expansion preparation.

Is "lower the dmg" something that Anet directly said as a goal for this coming balance patch, or is it your own interpretation or wish?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/93817/big-update-news/p1

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Eddbopkins.2630" said:With changes this big. I can't believe there won't be another expansion. 7 years and the only times they've done changes this big is only when expansions are going to happen. So I'm calling it. Expansion announcement before the end of the year.

People keep crying about power creep, too much dmg and anet not listening. Then when anet listens and decides to make a massive re-balance patch to lower the dmg (amongs other things), it's immediately seen as an expansion preparation.There won't be an expansion anytime soon (if ever), calling it now.

Also "expansion
announcement
before the end of the year"? It's barely january, you sure give your "prediction" a lot of wiggle room :lol:

Why have a prediction if it doesn't have any wiggle?

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:Then when anet listens and decides to make a massive re-balance patch to lower the dmg (amongs other things), it's immediately seen as an expansion preparation.

You can make your own mind up after reading this:

@"Cal Cohen.2358" said:We have identified the overall power of the game has become an issue and we wish to address this in the competitive game modes.Source: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/90774/lets-talk-about-wvw-balance/p1

"the power of the game", is probably intentionally vague or the name of the power metal banger Cal was listening to when he wrote this.

@Svarty.8019 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:Then when anet listens and decides to make a massive re-balance patch to lower the dmg (amongs other things), it's immediately seen as an expansion preparation.

@"Cal Cohen.2358" said:We have identified the overall power of the game has become an issue and we wish to address this in the competitive game modes.Source:

"the power of the game", is probably intentionally vague or the name of the power metal banger Cal was listening to when he wrote this.

I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to tell me here.

• Confused 1

@TheGrimm.5624 said:Actually was thinking along the same lines. They always do a major balance patch prior to new elites. And if we have new elites showing up around EP3 then this would be about the timing for it. They did say they are releasing expansion content during this LW, and elites are what expansions are about so to me this might be another indicator. Add to that the datamined icons that were elite-style icons and ....it could be. We need new elites to keep things fresh.

they said expansion level content.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

@"Cal Cohen.2358" said:We have identified the overall power of the game has become an issue and we wish to address this in the competitive game modes.Source:

Here is the argument;If you were to consider "the overall power of the game has become an issue", what would you ponder the devs are going to do about that?

@Svarty.8019 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

Here is the argument;If you were to consider "the overall power of the game has become an issue", what would you ponder the devs are going to do about that?

They literally said the damage will go down, I still don't know what you're trying to argue here. What point exactly are you trying to make?

• Confused 1

They said, that dmg and healing/support will get lowered.And skills that to too much at once will be looked at.

Some things that I think will be looked at:

• lowering all skills/traits power and healingpower coefficients
  • maybe lowering all skills/traits condiduration or amount of stacks
  • lowering skills/traits boonspam
  • skills that to to many things at once (for example pistol whip - dmg, stun, evade) will either get their power heavily reduced or some portion of the skill will be removed

But there could also be things like:

• maximum targets reduced
  • radius reduced

someone worry about number 800-900 ?so if skill have range 240, and not is 220 this is onesame skill damage increase 3%. this is twoupdated icon view - this is 3updated animation, now not 5 lines, but 4 lines - this is 4updated trait whit this skill ..summary: relax, we will still perfect game.

@lare.5129 said:someone worry about number 800-900 ?so if skill have range 240, and not is 220 this is onesame skill damage increase 3%. this is twoupdated icon view - this is 3updated animation, now not 5 lines, but 4 lines - this is 4updated trait whit this skill ..summary: relax, we will still perfect game.

No, Cal stated on the livestream that several changes to one skill count as one change.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

uh... what? xd

Actually was thinking along the same lines. They always do a major balance patch prior to new elites. And if we have new elites showing up around EP3 then this would be about the timing for it. They did say they are releasing expansion content during this LW, and elites are what expansions are about so to me this might be another indicator. Add to that the datamined icons that were elite-style icons and ....it could be. We need new elites to keep things fresh.

Oh nice, more inbalance, more cheese, more stupid designs, after pof elites i'm actually happy they don't make new ones, what a disaster ...

@kraai.7265 said:

uh... what? xd

Oh nice, more inbalance, more cheese, more stupid designs, after pof elites i'm actually happy they don't make new ones, what a disaster ...

The only time you will have perfect balance is in tic tac toe. So you are looking to remove all classes, armor, weapons, levels and skills?